Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

Thats his role, the dirty plays need to stop.. and he is learning where the line of being a pest, and crossing that border are.. But in being the pest he is going to be a bit of a cheap shot, after the whistle, saying stuff he shouldnt be saying type of player.. Avery goes overboard far to often, but plays the role greatly.. For as much as everyone hates him, I can't think of (and maybe it is just slipping my mind) of any really dirty plays he has made.. Cooke is less of a pest lately, and more of a dirty player.. Marchand to be good at the role is going to a player over fans hate, other teams hate, and thats fine..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing:
    In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I think it's a bit of a stretch to think that the refs are going to call him for more penalties because his pissed off some a few players.
    Posted by UCONN

Is it really a stretch?, now do you think other players are not labeled as punks, fighters, spear artists etc. and that the league (referees) don't look more closely into the plays of those players etc.  Last time I checked referees are human.  BTW, the Bs lost the game, good way to pizz off the Maple Leafs. Excellent motivation for the other team heh?  Not smart! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Cooke has had a reputation 10x worse than Marchand for a few years now. Did that stop Pitts from reaching the SC Finals 2x and Winning it 1x?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Marchand is 20 and Cooke is 32.  Not a good comparison.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Marchand is 20 and Cooke is 32.  Not a good comparison.  
    Posted by islamorada

But that doesnt prove your point. Your saying Marchand's Rep will hurt us in the playoffs. Do you mean 10 years from now? Or this year.

The Ref's wont be calling him for more penalties because of a gesture like that, unless they are a leafs fan Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It was ok ...I liked it ...Cool Brad ...Great goal .....

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : The difference is Avery & Cooke have been around a lot longer then Marchand. If Marchand continues with this punk attitude he will have plenty of time to reach Cooke & Avery status. He has crossed the line & is not going to be respected around the league if he continues with this attitude. The same thing is happening with Subban in Montreal. It is one thing to be an agitator but Marchand has been more then that. I like Marchand. The kid has skill & speed which was a much needed element to this team. He can also be a pest which can be a good attribute. But making a golf gesture to the Leafs was & is a punk move. Especially when you end up losing the game. Marchand has to grow up & can be a pest while still respecting the game.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

you sound like a worry wart. there was nothing wrong with a golfing swing move. nothing. it's funny. Marchand can take care of himself just fine. 

who cares if it bothers opponents? their problem. not Brad's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Again, I will flip this.  What if PK does it?  Both rookies with pretty much the same rep at this point. 

Marchand doing that is like a kiss of death.  He does realize if the Bruins bow out he will be golfing as well.  Marchand has been dirty, acts like a punk, talks like he has been in the league forever. 

Trash talking is a part of the game.  I get it. I get that he is a rookie and immature.  I have already said I am giving him a grace period b/c soon he will lose his team mates as well.  Its fun having those types around for a bit.  But soon he will be writing cheques he cant cash.  And someone will eventually get him.  Then all you homers will be crying offsides.  I will be smiling and saying he got exactly what he desrved.  Live by the sword and die by it Brad.  But making that kinda gesture is a team insult and will eventually come back and bite us. 

the fact he said he regrets it means that probably the entire coaching staff knows this as well as the vets on the team.  yeah its funny and great entertainment, but this isnt junior hockey or the WWE. 

I dont like it when other idiots in the league do it and I dont like it when our guys do it.  He is doing everything that numerous habs players do.  But everyone hates it when they do it.  And love it when our guys do.  I hope someone tears his head off in the dressing room or in practice. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think it is such a big deal, and I recall from days of playing hockey that it is hard to just skate away when the bench is taunting you.  I probably would have done the same thing.

BUT,

Marchand now has to be prepared to deal with the consequences.  That's my problem with him.  He doesn't really fight, and he teammates shouldn't have to stick up for him all the time when he is calling that kind of attention on himself.  Don't be surprised to see people trying to run Marchand in the future, and frankly, it will be hard to feel bad for him.

So, go ahead and dish it out Brad, it's kind of funny, but I'm happy I'm not the one who'll have to answer for it someday.  Most guys like Marchand chill out pretty quickly because they get tired of having enemies all over the league. (See Subban, PK) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch buddy,

Whats shaking.  We still good? 

The problem liek you said is brad made a reaction that is directly related to the Bruins as a team.  You never wanna give any team an advantage.  Have pride in the Bruins jersey and take a number and get him later.  when he acts like a clown its a reflection on the entire team, not just him.  And like you said someone is gonna feed him soon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I like it for showing some personality and having fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like it for showing some personality and having fun.
    Posted by OatesCam

so you like PK, Lapierre, Ribero for all the same reasons?  Correct? just checking cause I dont wanna see you commenting when those idiots are acting up.  Its fun and entertaining.  Junior bush league crap.  Bruins Jersey is more important than his own personal ego.  And like I said.  Karma is a *&%^.  I dont want him giving the rest of this team a bad name.  and to be honest he is the only clown we have. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Let me see here. Komisarek cross checks marchand in the face after the whistle. Celine Dion tries to start with Rechi and Seguin. Kessel punches brad in the face and mocks him, Marchand finally snaps and makes a stupid gesture back. Yet Brad is the villian here? I think you guys have this kid under too much of a microscope. Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Great points.  Marchand's young - he's a rookie with 20+ goals, and many of them important ones (unlike many of that other rookie's goals from a couple of years ago ... um, I forgot his name ... and his significance a while ago).  Marchand will learn because the coach and the veterans will require it of him.  I thought it was good to read his quote regarding the earful he got from Julien between periods.  I like Marchand and his SH goal last night was a thing of beauty - woke the Bruins out of their slumber for a little while, at least.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I don't think it is such a big deal, and I recall from days of playing hockey that it is hard to just skate away when the bench is taunting you.  I probably would have done the same thing. BUT, Marchand now has to be prepared to deal with the consequences.  That's my problem with him.  He doesn't really fight, and he teammates shouldn't have to stick up for him all the time when he is calling that kind of attention on himself.  Don't be surprised to see people trying to run Marchand in the future, and frankly, it will be hard to feel bad for him. So, go ahead and dish it out Brad, it's kind of funny, but I'm happy I'm not the one who'll have to answer for it someday.  Most guys like Marchand chill out pretty quickly because they get tired of having enemies all over the league. (See Subban, PK) 
    Posted by Fletcher1

I don't recall anybody having to stick up for Marchand?  Can anyone refresh my memory with instances.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Great points.  Marchand's young - he's a rookie with 20+ goals, and many of them important ones (unlike many of that other rookie's goals from a couple of years ago ... um, I forgot his name ... and his significance a while ago).  Marchand will learn because the coach and the veterans will require it of him.  I thought it was good to read his quote regarding the earful he got from Julien between periods.  I like Marchand and his SH goal last night was a thing of beauty - woke the Bruins out of their slumber for a little while, at least.
    Posted by huscroft28

Hey Hus,

No denying he can play.  But thats what I want.  I want him playing.  Look at what Kesler has done this year since he plays between the whistles.  I have no issue with him playing hard, playing chippy and with an edge.  But dont embarass the organization that pays you bi-weekly.  Diving, suspensions, dirty cheap plays, trying to embarass an entire organization, etc etc. 

again, i hate it when other teams have this type of player...and I hate it that he acts like that.  he is young but he is already wearing thin with me and has for a while.  shouldnt have been the coach, should have been chara. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I don't recall anybody having to stick up for Marchand?  Can anyone refresh my memory with instances.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE

Well I remember him running the Montreal dman after a whistle and the entire team coming to add him.   Marchand is not a fighter, most pests will eventually drop the gloves.  I hate Avery but he wil fight.  I dislike Ott and he will fight.  Marchand has been doing this stuff since junior.   I cant wait for it to catch up with him.  Then I wanna see everyones response.  And it will catch up with him.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I don't recall anybody having to stick up for Marchand?  Can anyone refresh my memory with instances.
    Posted by MeanE

I not saying it has happened (although Chara did come in to pull Komo away from him last night, forfeiting the in-zone faceoff).  But it seems like it could happen -- the Bruins stick up for each other pretty well.  My only concern is that Marchand be prepared to back up some of the antics.  He is getting reputation.  Guys aren't starting to come after him.  In my opinion it will be a shame if someone else has to answer the bell for him.  Don't need a source for an opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I don't recall Marchand turning down a fight this year, does anyone else?  This kid is fearless, he goes into the corners against everyone and anyone and comes away with the puck more times than not.  Scared to go to the dirty places, I think not!  He was destroyed by PK and came back after a few games and still played with the same reckless abandon as before.  If other guys on this team had the heart & determination that Brad has, the Bruins would be the prohibitive favorite to win Lord Stanley.  Some of the best athletes of all time were some of the best "smack talkers", "chirpers", "trash talkers"!  It appears that Brad's mouth is writing checks that his azz can cash!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Fletch buddy, Whats shaking.  We still good?  The problem liek you said is brad made a reaction that is directly related to the Bruins as a team.  You never wanna give any team an advantage.  Have pride in the Bruins jersey and take a number and get him later.  when he acts like a clown its a reflection on the entire team, not just him.  And like you said someone is gonna feed him soon. 
    Posted by shuperman

Then what about Avery for his taunting, or Wisneiski for his taunting of avery?

What about Kessel taunting Marchand that game, or  Phanuef starting with a 44yo and a 19yo Rookie? Komisarek crosschecking Marchand in the face after the whistle?

Will they all be getting the comeupins too? I really think people are taking this whole thing way to far. I havent heard any players except for habs players publicly callling out Marchand, unlike Subban being called out around the league.

Chill he is learning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch buddy, Whats shaking.  We still good?  The problem liek you said is brad made a reaction that is directly related to the Bruins as a team.  You never wanna give any team an advantage.  Have pride in the Bruins jersey and take a number and get him later.  when he acts like a clown its a reflection on the entire team, not just him.  And like you said someone is gonna feed him soon. 
    Posted by shuperman

Of course we're good shupe, I am not easily offended and I wouldn't have called you out if I didn't expect return fire.

Like I said with Marchand, I might have done the same thing while being taunted, and I don't resent him for it.  But, if he keeps it up he needs to face the music at some point.  And even more important than that, he needs to listen to his coach and the veteran's on the team about how to act as a rookie.  You don't see Chara taking golf swings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I not saying it has happened (although Chara did come in to pull Komo away from him last night, forfeiting the in-zone faceoff).  But it seems like it could happen -- the Bruins stick up for each other pretty well.  My only concern is that Marchand be prepared to back up some of the antics.  He is getting reputation.  Guys aren't starting to come after him.  In my opinion it will be a shame if someone else has to answer the bell for him.  Don't need a source for an opinion.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Not looking for a source, just a simple question.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Big F'in deal.  I loved it.  F*ck the lucky Loafs......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Not looking for a source, just a simple question.
    Posted by MeanE

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a source, misunderstood.  I don't necessarily disagree with your thoughts.  But I don't think Marchand's game is in fighting, so when people start calling him out I would prefer he just shut his mouth and play good hockey, rather than fighting or backing down (and having teammates fight).  Just my preference for a guy who has been a valuable part of this team this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Then what about Avery for his taunting, or Wisneiski for his taunting of avery? What about Kessel taunting Marchand that game, or  Phanuef starting with a 44yo and a 19yo Rookie? Komisarek crosschecking Marchand in the face after the whistle? Will they all be getting the comeupins too? I really think people are taking this whole thing way to far. I havent heard any players except for habs players publicly callling out Marchand, unlike Subban being called out around the league. Chill he is learning.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Exactly, I dont like when they do it.  I dont like when our guy does it.

And MeanE, I wanna list of these athletes.  And I am not talking Baseball or Basketball.  I want Hockey.  In the top 50 of all time I wanna know who these trash talking, dirty, diving, suspended players are?  Especially as rookies.  If Marchand played in the 70-80's he would be skating funny.

Playing hard, playing with edge, playing between the whistles.  Marchand is not a fighter.  Someone will eventually get him one way or the other.  Is it a coincidence that the Bruins are the toughest team in hockey? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Do the Bruins play better when there is a lot of intensity, hitting, and scrapping during games, or do they play better when the games are "European" style, puck control, wednesday morning men's league games?  Last year everyone was complaining that this team lacked fire, they don't stick up for each other, they don't have the intensity, someone has to manufacture that "tough to play against"  mentality.  Now we have a few on this board that don't like it.  If Marchand's chirping gets the "juices" flowing, it's a good thing for the Bruins not a bad thing.  As I said before, there is always golf & tennis if you like.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Do the Bruins play better when there is a lot of intensity, hitting, and scrapping during games, or do they play better when the games are "European" style, puck control, wednesday morning men's league games?  Last year everyone was complaining that this team lacked fire, they don't stick up for each other, they don't have the intensity, someone has to manufacture that "tough to play against"  mentality.  Now we have a few on this board that don't like it.  If Marchand's chirping gets the "juices" flowing, it's a good thing for the Bruins not a bad thing.  As I said before, there is always golf & tennis if you like.
    Posted by MeanE

Golf and tennis...?  Cut it out.  Some of us just don't like all the antics, from a rookie who should just focus on hockey.  Don't try to cordon off your area as "the only true hockey fans think this".

Maybe Marchand should just fight Komisarek next time, giving up 50 lbs. and 6 inches.  But that isn't good for the team...you see that right?

Sections
Shortcuts