Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

wow i need to see this....is there a video anywhere?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I just finished watching TSN's top ten agitators...Barnaby, Hunter, Lemieux, Linsmen, Smith.... What Marchand did, people, is kindergarten in the world of agitators.  Give me a break.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I am going to be honest here that has to be the funniest thing i have ever seen. Even if the tables were turned i would still laugh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's freaking hilarious...to quote the movie stripes, "lighten up shupe(francis)". talk about getting your britches in a pinch over absolutely nothing. have you no sense of humor? this is not disrespectful. what kind of stuff do you think players say to each other in those scrums..."hey, great hit, sorry i bumped into your goalie" followed by,"no problem man, we should have dinner some time, on me".... you live in la-la land, and its full of skating clowns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What I find funny is how some of the thread Gods on here can't stand Marchand and PK but say good things about Perry, Richards, Keslar, Thomas(biggest trash talker at the G position, and he is a veteran). These guys yap, push, poke, and goad just as much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/

I think Lupuls comments say it all. Hopefully the Bs veterans take care of this. It certainly did motivate the Leafs to come back and win the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

yea i thought it was funny and then i heard what lupul said. He is right. A rookie shouldn't really be doing that kind of stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

The double standards on this forum are incredibly comical. If Brad Marchand was a Canadien and he made that gesture at the bruins, this board would be flaming with "Marchand is a dirty player/punk." But he gets a pass from the fans here.

Superman said it best- I dont care if Marchand scores 40, I cannot cheer for such dirtyness, classness.

Newfiebullet also said this best- If Marchand keeps going on the pace he's on, he will reach Cooke/Avery status in no time. The only reason Marchand hasnt hit that status is cause he's a rookie while cook/avery are veterans

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's no secret that I can't stand this kid, but seriously, what's the big deal?  When did being a hockey fan become all about protecting the feelings of others?  Who got hurt by this?  Other hockey players...who are going to miss the playoffs?  Oh boo hoo hoo hoo.  Know what?  They ARE going to be golfing and the B's are going to be in the playoffs.  I hope Kadri and Komisarek don't have to go lay on a couch and explain this deep emotional wound!

Combine this with the theory that the Bruins players feelings are hurt by the fans chanting USA USA USA, and we have a downright PC Police Feel-In.

IT'S HOCKEY.  Off to the sewing circle for you people who are worried about the feelings of hockey players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,

my lala land must be the same as the coaches.  one of us is right in this argument.  guess which one.  the fact he had to apolgize for acting like a 16 year old also says someone is right and someone is wrong.

my lala land is on par with what the experts of the game say in regards to this incident.  is it a nothing story.  yes, but it shouldnt happen, not for a team gearing up for a stanley cup drive. 

trash talking is personal one on one stuff, no issue with it.  doing something for the entire world to see takes it up a notch.  sorry man, classless, but I guess the coach is wrong...and the player lied when he said it was offsides.  Good pts. Thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It's just one of those things. He's been a good player for us and, again, his emotions can sometimes be a positive but sometimes you don't want to cross the line. You certainly don't like that when it happens. So it's just a learning process."

As I said, he is young, keep it to hockey and I have no issue. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing:
    [QUOTE]It's no secret that I can't stand this kid, but seriously, what's the big deal?  When did being a hockey fan become all about protecting the feelings of others?  Who got hurt by this?  Other hockey players...who are going to miss the playoffs?  Oh boo hoo hoo hoo.  Know what?  They ARE going to be golfing and the B's are going to be in the playoffs.  I hope Kadri and Komisarek don't have to go lay on a couch and explain this deep emotional wound! Combine this with the theory that the Bruins players feelings are hurt by the fans chanting USA USA USA, and we have a downright PC Police Feel-In. IT'S HOCKEY.  Off to the sewing circle for you people who are worried about the feelings of hockey players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight...why do you dislike him?  You started threads about drama queen diving but doing a completely unrelated hockey play gets a pass.  I find that interesting. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : So let me get this straight...why do you dislike him?  You started threads about drama queen diving but doing a completely unrelated hockey play gets a pass.  I find that interesting. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

One has a direct impact on the game (diving), one has a direct impact on a player's health (elbows to the head), and one is about people getting bent by a taunt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : One has a direct impact on the game (diving), one has a direct impact on a player's health (elbows to the head), and one is about people getting bent by a taunt.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

if thats the case we should have clowns and elephants come on the ice between plays as well. 

Anyway, i have bored enough people on this topic.  If I offended anyone I will haul my golf club out and mock you all.

Cheers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

No big deal.... I'm sure the leafs were yapping.  I can only imagine some of the trash talk that is said against Lucic and Chara.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Is it really a stretch?, now do you think other players are not labeled as punks, fighters, spear artists etc. and that the league (referees) don't look more closely into the plays of those players etc.  Last time I checked referees are human.  BTW, the Bs lost the game, good way to pizz off the Maple Leafs. Excellent motivation for the other team heh?  Not smart! 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    I didn't say it was smart, I just don't seem long term implications from it other than putting a target on his back from some players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't think it's what was said that was a big deal, it's who said it! I don't like it Subban for his actions for acting like a punk.  I think BM can act like one just as much sometimes! Rookie's have a place & they shouldn't be pushing themselves into thinking they have the same rights as vets in the league. I don't mind the kid mixing it up & yapping a bit. Bradly seems to cross the line a lot though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Brad has turned into a little punk.  A rookie mistake maybe.  Last idiot that did that was Peters in Buffalo.  If he wants to be classed with that group good job Brad.  Classless move by an ever growing classless player.  I dont care if he scores 40 goals, if he keeps pulling these moves I will never cheer for him.  His reputation will take care of itself someday soon.  Karma is a B___H!  Any good/smart hockey player knows you never taunt the enemy that way.  That is like the death blow of all jinxes.

I completely agree Shupe.  Classless and embarassing, Marchand owes Maple Leaf players an apology.  Marchand has established himself as a pretty good player by now, he doesn't need to chirp and BS as much as before.  Play the game hard and leave it at that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Last time I knew, there are far greater hockey minds on the board, but, "unsportmans like conduct" was/is a penalty in the NHL. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I completely agree Shupe.  Classless and embarassing, Marchand owes Maple Leaf players an apology.  Marchand has established himself as a pretty good player by now, he doesn't need to chirp and BS as much as before.  Play the game hard and leave it at that.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet that the next time the Leafs play the Bruins someone is going after Marchand. Teams have long memory's. Marchand better be ready to answer the bell for his immature gesture.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I completely agree Shupe.  Classless and embarassing, Marchand owes Maple Leaf players an apology.  Marchand has established himself as a pretty good player by now, he doesn't need to chirp and BS as much as before.  Play the game hard and leave it at that.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha this is hockey. Not bridge with the ladies at 11:30am on sunday. Gimme a frigging break.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

90something posts on one of the most inconsequential things to occur in a B's game all year.  Sure it was without class.  Sure it was dumb, yup, Julian did the right thing.....but holy cow! 
    Seems to me, the B's losing 4 games out of 6 to this lowly group is the bigger story.
    Hopefully, a player breaking wind on the bench never reaches this group.  We'd easily break the 100 post barrier there. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : I am willing to bet that the next time the Leafs play the Bruins someone is going after Marchand. Teams have long memory's. Marchand better be ready to answer the bell for his immature gesture.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

So? You think they are going to come out and cheapshot him? I doubt it.

If they try and fight him he can turtle they will take an instigator and hurt thier team with a PP. Seriously guys dont you think if the Leafs players were thsi offended by it you would've seen something somewhere with them saying it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]90something posts on one of the most inconsequential things to occur in a B's game all year.  Sure it was without class.  Sure it was dumb, yup, Julian did the right thing.....but holy cow!  Seems to me, the B's losing 4 games out of 6 to this lowly group is the bigger story. Hopefully, a player breaking wind on the bench never reaches this group.  We'd easily break the 100 post barrier there. 
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Completely agree the amount of stress this is causing some people on here is unreal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]callo, Respecting the game never changes.  If that were the case every clown in the league would be doing it.  All time greats dont disrespect the game, team or opponents.  That is a culture in hockey that will never change.  when it does I promise I will be the 1st to watch a new sport.  And since you are here, Brule is one of these players and now is accepted?  PK is accepted by you?  Avery, Cooke and Ott?  Just checking.  I wanna know so when I read one of your posts calling out another guy that its ok.  Same reason I commented on it.  Its ok for Brad, not for other teams aholes
    Yet you champion Claude Lemieux as one of the all time greats....classless cheap shot artist of the nth degree. Shupe what side of the fence are you on? I remember a game where he crosschecked Neely several times from behind. when it came time for him to receive payment......turtled. Don't even get me started on the hit from behind on Kris Draper....that was far worse than ANYTHING Brad Marchand has ever done! Big deal...he taunted the Leafs with a golf swing...the horror!!!

Sections
Shortcuts