Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

Tired of the topic too and I think we are all probably overreacting.  Like I said, I really don't have a problem with it (although MeanE told me I should turn to golf and tennis instead if I have a concern...), but I just hope that Marchand recognizes there may be a price down the road and that he is ready to deal with the consequences. 

I don't want to hear any whining next year when it seems like everyone is picking on Marchand, and you know, he's just a little guy, etc. etc....that's all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing:
    In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Hey Hus, No denying he can play.  But thats what I want.  I want him playing.  Look at what Kesler has done this year since he plays between the whistles.  I have no issue with him playing hard, playing chippy and with an edge.  But dont embarass the organization that pays you bi-weekly.  Diving, suspensions, dirty cheap plays, trying to embarass an entire organization, etc etc.  again, i hate it when other teams have this type of player...and I hate it that he acts like that.  he is young but he is already wearing thin with me and has for a while.  shouldnt have been the coach, should have been chara. 
    Posted by shuperman

Hey Shupe,it's interesting you should bring on the Kesler comparisons as apt as they may be.It would seem your love of the Bruins(and secret crush on Marchand)has clouded your opinion of him as a player.You can't expect Marchand to learn as a rookie,what it took Kesler 4 or 5 seasons to figure out.Imagine you were Marchand who,over the past few seasons might've been starting to doubt whether he might find a place as an NHL regular.I'm sure everyone in the Bruins system,from coaching to management,told Brad to simply do what got you here.Now he's finally carving out a niche for himself and is likely scared to death of letting off the gas.Once he gets to a point where he feels he's earned his spot as a top 6 forward,he just might stop doing those dumb rookie moves.Cheers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo- I havent re-readmy posts on Claude but I dont think I ever said I was a fan or that he was an alltime great.  I said he is one of the most clutch playoff performers of the last generation.  Personally I think he is the scum of the earth and rooted against any team he plays on.  and who is twisting words again?  Lemieux's  hit on Draper is one of the most ugly acts in the game.  end of story.  I agree he is a piece of garbage.  But if you honestly think the way PK, Marchand "et al" is the way you play the game I would have loved to play against you not with you.  I plain and simple dont like those types of players. 

dez- valid point and I already remarked on what you said.  He is young and prone to make some bonehead mistakes.  But 1st impressions last and he has been pulling a lot of bone head moves this year. 
    a. I hope he stops and just uses his skill and contain his youthful energy
    b. I hope the captain has many talks with him(Imagine what Messier would say- I hope Z has the same approach).

He is a good hockey player and his speed, energy, gritty play is needed, but he has to do a better job of controlling the other BS. 

It wasnt that long ago that I was the only one who was calling him out, the list is growing...so at least a few see it my way. 

If this makes me old school, I guess thats what it is.  I havent played competitvely in 10 yrs...but I still respect the game and those who play it.  I have had amazing coaches and maybe they brainwashed me into believing that the team/program comes 1st. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Classless and embarassing, Marchand owes Maple Leaf players an apology. 
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Amazing.  Marchand should apologize for jeering grown men!  Should the 17,000 people at the game vs. the Canadiens send Price an apology also?  Maybe the guy on the Chicago bench should send Shawn Thornton an apology too?  While they were fighting, I think Jay Rosehill might have punched Lucic.  Lucic deserves an apology.

Is this post too sarcastic?  Please send your address.  I'll send you some daisies in a colorful vase with a handwritten poem apologizing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

callo- I havent re-readmy posts on Claude but I dont think I ever said I was a fan or that he was an alltime great.  I said he is one of the most clutch playoff performers of the last generation.  Personally I think he is the scum of the earth and rooted against any team he plays on.  and who is twisting words again?  Lemieux's  hit on Draper is one of the most ugly acts in the game.  end of story.  I agree he is a piece of garbage.  But if you honestly think the way PK, Marchand "et al" is the way you play the game I would have loved to play against you not with you.  I plain and simple dont like those types of players.  dez- valid point and I already remarked on what you said.  He is young and prone to make some bonehead mistakes.  But 1st impressions last and he has been pulling a lot of bone head moves this year.  a. I hope he stops and just uses his skill and contain his youthful energy b. I hope the captain has many talks with him(Imagine what Messier would say- I hope Z has the same approach). He is a good hockey player and his speed, energy, gritty play is needed, but he has to do a better job of controlling the other BS.  It wasnt that long ago that I was the only one who was calling him out, the list is growing...so at least a few see it my way.  If this makes me old school, I guess thats what it is.  I havent played competitvely in 10 yrs...but I still respect the game and those who play it.  I have had amazing coaches and maybe they brainwashed me into believing that the team/program comes 1st. 
    Posted by shuperman

ahhhh Shup, I didn't say anything about Claude.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whatever Marchand's thinking is now after being told by his coach that he doesn't like that "kind of behavior" I hope it doesn't deter Brad from being a great agitator in the playoffs.

The Bruins need Marchand to keep chirping and getting under the opposing teams skins. I hope his recent "golf swing mocking" incident doesn't stop him  from doing this because it really was no big deal in my view.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

callo- I havent re-readmy posts on Claude but I dont think I ever said I was a fan or that he was an alltime great.  I said he is one of the most clutch playoff performers of the last generation.  Personally I think he is the scum of the earth and rooted against any team he plays on.  and who is twisting words again?  Lemieux's  hit on Draper is one of the most ugly acts in the game.  end of story.  I agree he is a piece of garbage.  But if you honestly think the way PK, Marchand "et al" is the way you play the game I would have loved to play against you not with you.  I plain and simple dont like those types of players.  dez- valid point and I already remarked on what you said.  He is young and prone to make some bonehead mistakes.  But 1st impressions last and he has been pulling a lot of bone head moves this year.  a. I hope he stops and just uses his skill and contain his youthful energy b. I hope the captain has many talks with him(Imagine what Messier would say- I hope Z has the same approach). He is a good hockey player and his speed, energy, gritty play is needed, but he has to do a better job of controlling the other BS.  It wasnt that long ago that I was the only one who was calling him out, the list is growing...so at least a few see it my way.  If this makes me old school, I guess thats what it is.  I havent played competitvely in 10 yrs...but I still respect the game and those who play it.  I have had amazing coaches and maybe they brainwashed me into believing that the team/program comes 1st. 
    Posted by shuperman

Don't forget I was there with you calling him out by saying if he wants to play this style of game he needs to drop the mitts.Like DC mentioned,Marchand has admitted it was immature and wrong so let's hope he learns from it and keeps contributing the way he's shown he can.The fact is,Marchand has played his way from being a 4th liner/healthy scratch to being one of Boston's most important forwards.We need him to perform if we want the Bruins to go anywhere in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Brad,
    I'll say it for you:

FORE ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Whatever Marchand's thinking is now after being told by his coach that he doesn't like that "kind of behavior" I hope it doesn't deter Brad from being a great agitator in the playoffs. The Bruins need Marchand to keep chirping and getting under the opposing teams skins. I hope his recent "golf swing mocking" incident doesn't stop him  from doing this because it really was no big deal in my view.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I agree, Sandog.  There is a level of respect I have for the agitator when it's done right. Snow the goalie, push a guy skating by, say something awful to the player across at the faceoff, chop someone's stick after the whistle.  Get under their skin.  It doesn't have to be dirty and it doesn't have to be cheap.  Distractions like that are very valuable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let me see here. Komisarek cross checks marchand in the face after the whistle. Celine Dion tries to start with Rechi and Seguin. Kessel punches brad in the face and mocks him, Marchand finally snaps and makes a stupid gesture back. Yet Brad is the villian here? I think you guys have this kid under too much of a microscope. You know the difference between BM and Avery ( I wont even mention Cooke thats just rediculous I cant beleive anyone here is even considering that comparison :headshake:). Is that No1 on Avery's team cares/corrects him when he steps over the line, yet BM has a coach and teammates who care and try and correct him. This is why he still has the chance to grow up and not make foolish mistakes. Which are few and not normally crossing the line.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

God forbid a Bruin player does a small gesture .
    Ask Fletcher what Campbell said and did in a pregame and how he taunted a player into a fight.  Is he a punk also ?
    There's so much that is said and done on the ice that we don't know the half of it.
    Guys ,  the Bruins are not saints and the perfect team. You'll get some that talk and do stupid things . They've always been there and they'll always be there.
    Savard was hated around the league, ask yourselves why . 
    Could we stop nitpicking at everything Marchand does ???
    He acknowledged what he did was wrong , now let it go !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Callo-
    "Yet you champion Claude Lemieux as one of the all time greats....classless cheap shot artist of the nth degree. Shupe what side of the fence are you on?"

Am I missing something?  Pretty sure that says everything about me thinking Claude is an all time great. 

Lets end this debate.  I think at some level we agree anyway. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

This whole thread is ridiculous !!  What fed the fire was an article stating Marchand APOLOGIZED !!!  He said the coach gave him hell....he said he felt bad and would not do it again !!!~
    Seems to me...he feels kinda dumb !!!
    It's not like he's trying to justify his actions !!!
    What on earth would motivate reasonable posters to opine 7 or 8 times on such an insignificant incident.
    Again......HE APOLOGIZED !!!  Wouldn't that suggest he may be "getting it" ?
    If you're a B's fan...if you like the teams record this year...and you're looking forward to the playoffs....more than a little bit of that success can be attributed to Brad Marchand.  He's contributed much, much more than anyone would have ever thought last September.
    He'll do what he needs to do, to play on this team.  He's a rookie, and he desperately wants to play in the NHL.  Is anyone here stupid enough to think otherwise?
    He has passion, and with that comes emotion that sometimes is counter productive.  Hopefully some of that passsion will rub off on Seguin, and the rest of the team.

Get off his back Bruin fans.  He's one of the best things to happen to this team all year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Callo- "Yet you champion Claude Lemieux as one of the all time greats....classless cheap shot artist of the nth degree. Shupe what side of the fence are you on?" Am I missing something?  Pretty sure that says everything about me thinking Claude is an all time great.  Lets end this debate.  I think at some level we agree anyway. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe- that was Beezfan not me who wrote that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My apologies,

I did a one take of the picture. 

cheers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

My apologies, I did a one take of the picture.  cheers
    Posted by shuperman

No worries, happens to us all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : Shupe- that was Beezfan not me who wrote that. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

lol!Innocent

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : lol!
    Posted by Beezfan4life

It was Beez!It was Beez!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

6 pages of posts on this is ridiculous. What are we even talking about anymore?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Brad, I'll say it for you: FORE ...
    Posted by ccoul

Why did I suspect that is how you were going to look?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

6 pages of posts on this is ridiculous. What are we even talking about anymore?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I Dont no truth hurts i guess, i hate the Leafs,fore.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

At least Marchand didn't say anything about their wives. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Hanrahan1

She's a lesbian..........lesbian!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : She's a lesbian..........lesbian!
    Posted by dezaruchi

I know, I know!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Posted by Hanrahan1

how is susan anyway hanrahan? sorry i cant get enough of that movie

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing : how is susan anyway hanrahan? sorry i cant get enough of that movie
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Suzanne scks pssy!

Sections
Shortcuts