Marchand & Seguin reunited...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Marchand & Seguin reunited...

Article/ photo on NESN.com showing Marchand & Seguin hanging out after game 5 last night... If I was Chara, CJ, CN, PC or another team mate, I would 'strongly' suggest Brad save it for the off season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Marchand & Seguin reunited...

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Article/ photo on NESN.com showing Marchand & Seguin hanging out after game 5 last night... If I was Chara, CJ, CN, PC or another team mate, I would 'strongly' suggest Brad save it for the off season.

[/QUOTE]

As buddies they're gonna hook up, Dav. As long as Marchand shows no signs of following in Seguin's footsteps especially at this time of year, I see it as no big deal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Didn't see the article... was this at the arena or at a night club? Big difference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not too concerned with who these guys have as friends.

I really don't care at all.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I couldn't care less who he hangs around with after a game.

I'm more concerned about him taking stupid penalties when the Bs have a lead to protect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sure, Marchand can hang out with Seguin off the ice.

Would be nice if he would stop impersonating him on the ice though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Unless segs is now a member of the crips, this is nothing to worry about.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fletch btw march has 5 assists in this series just so you know. 

[/QUOTE]

Uh huh, and he's been playing like crap.  Again marco, I watch the games closer than the stat sheets.  Marchand has been bad.  An alarming amount of turnovers.  He needs to score too.  Just like Seguin needed to score.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE]

Would be nice if he would stop impersonating him on the ice though. [/QUOTE]

Hey cmon now, SeGEEn tries really hard in the playoffs. I mean it's not like Eriksson, Smith and Fraser have produced more than, this playoffs, Boston's long lost son Tyler.

Maybe a nice Mike Tyson tattoo on Marchand's face might help. If SeGene could help that way it would be awesome. That's what friends are for....Fletch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE]

Hey cmon now, SeGEEn tries really hard in the playoffs. I mean it's not like Eriksson, Smith and Fraser have produced more than, this playoffs, Boston's long lost son Tyler.

Maybe a nice Mike Tyson tattoo on Marchand's face might help. If SeGene could help that way it would be awesome. That's what friends are for....Fletch.

[/QUOTE]

LOL,Marchand should get a tattoo on his face,that would distract the opposition and give him a more fierce looking persona.On a side note,i did see a biker one time in a bar, with a winged wheel tattooed on each side of his forehead.He was wearing full Hell's Angel colours & patch,so i didn't have the heart to tell him how stupid it looked. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been no where near crap. He's gotten stupid oenalties but he's missed quite a few good chances to score he scores those snd no crap. 

Ur memory is short go back to 2011 best playoff pts by a rookie

He's a playoff player. 

[/QUOTE]

What...?  You're talking about 2011 now...??  marco, you seem to have trouble staying on topic.

Marchand was fantastic in 2011.  Which is exactly why he's been so disappointing in these 2014 playoffs.  He has been crappy.  Tons of turnovers; lots of penalties; no goals.

You're point that "IF he did score those goals, instead of missing them, nobody would be complaining" is so obvious that it's hard to even dignify with a response.  Of course it would be different if he scored a bunch of goals!  Say that for Seguin too.  Or anybody.  But he didn't.  Getting chances to score and missing them doesn't do much for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Here's the link: http://nesn.com/2014/05/brad-marchand-hangs-out-with-tyler-seguin-after-game-5-win-photo/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/05/brad-marchand-hangs-out-with-tyler-seguin-after-game-5-win-photo/

Pretty innocuous, I just hope Tyler isn't trying to give Marchand some playoff scoring tips...

I posted this in jest really - I thought there was some irony in the timing and might fuel some discussion.

Glad everyone is OK with it.

Marchand is playing much better the last couple of games and is still gettgin his chances(his undressing of Subban last game was Price-less). Predicting 2G from #63 tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Sequins was actually in Boston to pay a few visits elsewhere,if you know what i mean,nudge,nudge,wink,wink, and while he was at it took time out to say hello to Marchy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For me, the idea of no fraternizing with the enemy went out the window when David Ortiz was seen hanging out with Yankees after a game.

At first I was like, "DUDE!  What are you doing?"  Then I thought about it.  Who cares?  I work for this company.  You work for that company.  Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

As for Seguin, he's got to be sick about his stat line.  In the last three seasons, he's played 35 playoff games.  Four goals.  That's pitiful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The issue with Marchand has got long legs if you have to go all the way back to 2011 to find the last time he was an impact player.

It's worth remembering that he was 0 fer Detroit, and was 0 fer the Finals last year.  No goals, no assists, no points, even plus minus except for one minus game, and 0 PiM outside of the fight with Shaw. That's the definition of invisible.  He was 2-2-4 v Pitt, 2-4-6 v the Rangers, but 0-3-3 v the Laffs.  The year before that, he has one two-point game against Washington and was invisible the rest of the way.  Since the Cup, he's played 39 games, scored 5 goals and 15 assists.  Half of those points and all but one of the goals came in the nine games where Boston basically swept the Rangers and Penguins.  Any series that has been more competitive, he's been held in check.

...and he's still done better than Seguin did.

It's really easy to scout him when you play him every day.  When he comes into the zone off the wing, he's going to look to peel back and hit the trailer.  Cover the trailer and he has no options.  Last game was the first time I've seen him trying to make adjustments - he peeled, looked for the trailer, then started to take the puck to the net.  He has a go to set of plays that work best when you don't see them every second day for two weeks.  If he wants to get back to being the demon he was in Vancouver, he has to play with the whole toolbox.

Are you not entertained?!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Who knows? Maybe a little honesty from a friend would help. Could easily imagine Seguin telling his buddy to get his head out of his rear end because he don't know what he's got until it's gone. More likely it's just two guys hanging out, with undoubtedly the mutual agreement that they've both stunk up the joint in the playoffs recently.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

It woukd be good if they get it going obviously but that's where the others  have to help. That's hockey more precisely playoff hockey.  

[/QUOTE]

oh tell us about playoff hockey and how players that score well in the regular season do just as well in the playoffs according to you.

Ovie = autocup

Ask your lawyer or and doctor and get back to me.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For me, the idea of no fraternizing with the enemy went out the window when David Ortiz was seen hanging out with Yankees after a game.

At first I was like, "DUDE!  What are you doing?"  Then I thought about it.  Who cares?  I work for this company.  You work for that company.  Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

[/QUOTE]

I agree on the stuff after the game or away from the park.  Hang out with whomever you want.  But baseball, and the Sox-Yankees in particular, make me nuts because they now yuck it up during the game all the time.  Any Sox player on 2nd base has to chat it up with Jeter and have a good laugh between pitches.  It's like a cocktail party out there.  Can you guys pretend you're really focused on beating each other, at least during the actual game.

I like that this doesn't happen in hockey, especially during the playoffs.

Lucic and Gallagher are a good example.  Close buddies and training partners off the ice.  Family friends, and Lucic supposedly lobbied the B's to draft him.  Doesn't stop him from going out of his way to hammer that little punk every chance he gets.  I didn't see an apology either, or a bunch of friendly chuckles at the faceoff circles.  They say Marchand and Subban are good friends off the ice too.  I'm glad that this is hard for me to imagine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah he definetly is still of,how many times has he hit price right in the middle of the chest lately,to me he has been trying to hard to score a goal.there has been times where a pass would have been better,espically if your going to fire it into Price's chest

[/QUOTE]

He's been no where near crap. He's gotten stupid oenalties but he's missed quite a few good chances to score he scores those snd no crap. 

Ur memory is short go back to 2011 best playoff pts by a rookie

He's a playoff player. 

[/QUOTE]

What...?  You're talking about 2011 now...??  marco, you seem to have trouble staying on topic.

Marchand was fantastic in 2011.  Which is exactly why he's been so disappointing in these 2014 playoffs.  He has been crappy.  Tons of turnovers; lots of penalties; no goals.

You're point that "IF he did score those goals, instead of missing them, nobody would be complaining" is so obvious that it's hard to even dignify with a response.  Of course it would be different if he scored a bunch of goals!  Say that for Seguin too.  Or anybody.  But he didn't.  Getting chances to score and missing them doesn't do much for me.

[/QUOTE]