Marchand and Seguin = Speed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Marchand and Seguin = Speed

These two rookies are fast and unpredictable with the puck , it is time to start playing them together more often. I am sure everyone could feel the energy seeing them together on the PP, I would like to see them playing together in overtime, with their speed and all that open ice, the Bruins just might score a goal 4 on 4. Not to mention, throw Kampfer out their also and the future looks bright.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Marchand and Seguin = Speed

They are too great young talents.  I think there is some hesitation to play the rookies together right now, but I think we will see them together more in the future.  They certainly look good on the PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

I could see Marchand doing something to get Seguin beat up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

I agree.  I would like to see Marchand - Bergeron - Sequin on a line for at least 5 or 6 full strength shifts.  Just for the heck of it.  Also Seguin needs to get hammered once along the boards skating so he realizes that he won't be hurt.  He pulls up way too often for my liking in that respect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand and Seguin = Speed:
    [QUOTE]I could see Marchand doing something to get Seguin beat up.
    Posted by burythehabs[/QUOTE]

Beautiful.

Marchand - Sequin = Speed with annoying grit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]I could see Marchand doing something to get Seguin beat up.
    Posted by burythehabs[/QUOTE]

That's funny because it's so true

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  I would like to see Marchand - Bergeron - Sequin on a line for at least 5 or 6 full strength shifts.  Just for the heck of it.  Also Seguin needs to get hammered once along the boards skating so he realizes that he won't be hurt.  He pulls up way too often for my liking in that respect.
    Posted by chris3366[/QUOTE]

That would be a lethal line. Bergeron needs wingers with speed. Recchi always seems to slow that line down. Why does he "dump-and-chase" when he cannot outskate the opponent? 

Would love to see Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin...3 yound dynamic players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

The Bergeron and Seguin experiment failed 

Seguin works better with Peverly 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

MARCHAND SEGUIN BERGY CLAUDE PAY ATTENTION

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

Lucic  Kreci  Horton

Marchand  Bergeron  Seguin

Recchi  Campbell Peverly

Paillé  Kelly  Thorton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Seguin in the middle, Marchand LW, Horton RW...Marchand is faster and more skilled than Lucic (based on the game I went to against Buffaloe a couple weeks back)...Sequin would be setting these guys all night. This line may have to wait for next year, however.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

From your posts it looks like you all go to hockey games, but have not played very much or coached. Marchand is small, fast, and will probably not grow; Seguin is young, rangy, fast and slick, but not solid at this point. Putting them together has worked on the PP, it took Claude the entire season to try it. Putting them on the same line is not smart since other teams have fast and bigger checking lines who can pound smaller players.  "CHRIS[something] wants Seguin to get 'Hammered". Why?? Hammered could cause a serious injury. Seguin has had to learn to "ride-out" a hit from bigger/stronger players so that he is not taken out of the play, nor injured. His avoidence process is maturing, and, as he adds 30 lbs., in the next 3 years, he will become more of a force, just like Bergeron. That's when you can add Marchand to his line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

recchi will dump and chase as he's not scared to take a hit to make a play, seguin is still too nervous to go into the corners and will avoid body contact at times...it will come but he's still adjusting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]recchi will dump and chase as he's not scared to take a hit to make a play, seguin is still too nervous to go into the corners and will avoid body contact at times...it will come but he's still adjusting.
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

Seguin makes it difficult to characterize this part of his game because it's inconsistent. While the last few games he has peeled off from contact in ways that you very rarely, if ever see in an NHL game, he still converts more of those situations into quick scoring chances than anyone else on the team, no exceptions (Marchand is close).

He usually knows where teammates are before he gets to the puck and his hands are so quick that he just grabs it and moves it in the space of time it would take most players to prepare to grind along the boards. One of these games we're going to see them score before the opponent even realizes that the puck has been moved out of the corner. (snark: it probably won't be Kelly finishing though)

So when he does it, it's better than most others can, but sometimes, in rather obvious fashion, he simply decides not to do it. The mistakes haven't resulted in a goal against yet (from what I've seen), because he usually backchecks well enough to break up the play and retake possession. So the good is often really good, the bad is often facepalm bad, but the net is a positive and this is a team that lacks his skill set so I'm glad to see him getting a longer leash (and PP time) as they prep for the playoffs.

Earlier in the year he would have been immediately benched for these kinds of mental mistakes. I have no problem with that now, because it was simply a way to keep him healthy for the long haul while teaching lessons. If/when he makes a mistake that directly leads to a goal against in a game that really matters, it will be interesting to see how the coach handles it.

I hope he gets at least one chance to make up for a costly mistake but Claude has such a tendency to tighten up under pressure that I doubt he'll get the chance. It would be nice to work through this kind of scenario before the playoffs start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrob13. Show bostonrob13's posts

The problem with having these two guys on the same line is defense. Seguin is getting better, but having them both out there at the same time is a liability. Marchand has had some awful turnovers. The reason why it works on the PP is because the other team isn't putting pressure in the defensive zone.

Bergeron's line is looked at as a defensive stopping line. Sure Marchand is on it now, but putting Seguin with him will completely compromise that line's main goal.

Also someone mentioned putting Kampher with them. It's fun to think about what they might do on offense, but OT would last about 30 seconds because the other team would likely score with ease.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]The Bergeron and Seguin experiment failed  Seguin works better with Peverly 
    Posted by rocketdan9[/QUOTE]

It never failed, it was circumstances. Get the facts straight...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

If I was on the same line as those two I would kill myself. In no way would I want two "undersize" young rookies on the same line. No matter how skilled they are that shouldn't happen. You need balance. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand and Seguin = Speed : It never failed, it was circumstances. Get the facts straight...
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    Agreed!

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts