Marchand and the Bruins come to an agreement via Hags??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Marchand and the Bruins come to an agreement via Hags??

Didn't hear the piece, anyone have any information.. 98.5 just ran through a recap of what they covered this morning and "talked a little hockey with Hags, the Bruins and Marchand reportedly reached an agreement"

Anyone hear any of this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Marchand and the Bruins come to an agreement via Hags??

"Brad Marchand anxious to get deal done w/the Bruins & one source indicates the two sides "aren't that far apart"

http://www.csnne.com/pages/landing_bruins?blockID=563300&tagID=135523

All I could find Roler...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Pierre LeBrun also reporting both sides close to a deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

YAH!!!

It's about time. Get 'er done!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it is hags.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Finally!  Can we start posting about other subjects now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

... aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here - just a bit?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand and the Bruins come to an agreement via Hags??:
    ... aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here - just a bit?!
    Posted by BruinsIn4

No Idea, I missed the story, so I wasn't sure who detailed it was, or what was reported, the sides have been "close" most of the summer haven't they?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Apparently a deal is a go, between 2.5 and 3 for 2. Very appropriate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Just heard the same, deal should be done today

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

THIS JUST IN: 

Pierre LeBrun 
    From my pal at RDS RT  Brad Marchand 2 years / 5 millions total. 2.0 + 3.0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No surprise, but Murphy chimed in saying a deal was close (he didn't say he read Hags, but...)

And TSN is reporting it's a done deal.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375789

Or maybe Murphy was doing an Eklund and reporting rumors after the fact so it sounds like he had an inside scoop?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Bruins resigned Marchand  2 yrs 5 mil   2mil this yr 3 next   tsn reporting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

No surprise, but Murphy chimed in saying a deal was close (he didn't say he read Hags, but...) And TSN is reporting it's a done deal. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375789 Or maybe Murphy was doing an Eklund and reporting rumors after the fact so it sounds like he had an inside scoop?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Hahaha   Maybe?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

In Response to Marchand and the Bruins come to an agreement via Hags??:
    Didn't hear the piece, anyone have any information.. 98.5 just ran through a recap of what they covered this morning and "talked a little hockey with Hags, the Bruins and Marchand reportedly reached an agreement" Anyone hear any of this?
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Just heard on ESPN done deal marchand signs with B's , no terms of what deal is for though !   WOOOT great move B's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Great news.  We need him if Savard is TKO.  Hopefully he's sober.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Great move all around really, for a number of reasons.

I like that he has incentive to play better in his second year, and I like that it wasnt a long, fat contract.  Too many times we see young guys get a big contract and crack under the pressure.  This leaves him open to play loose, his game, and not do too much.  It is also a compromise on both parts to show that he wasnt a one-hit-wonder.  He plays well over the next couple years and shows he wasnt a 23-year-old fluke who has been trying to break into the league for a couple years now and finally had a good year, then it sets him up for a 4+ year contract at $4+ mil a year.  GREAT contract in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Great move all around really, for a number of reasons. I like that he has incentive to play better in his second year, and I like that it wasnt a long, fat contract.  Too many times we see young guys get a big contract and crack under the pressure.  This leaves him open to play loose, his game, and not do too much.  It is also a compromise on both parts to show that he wasnt a one-hit-wonder.  He plays well over the next couple years and shows he wasnt a 23-year-old fluke who has been trying to break into the league for a couple years now and finally had a good year, then it sets him up for a 4+ year contract at $4+ mil a year.  GREAT contract in my opinion.
    Posted by bigvig

BV, I agree completely. It works well for both sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brad step up and play well enough that he gets signed to an extension before the start of next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

THE WOLVERINE CAME TO THE FORK IN THE ROAD AND TOOK IT!!!!....MY LITTLE DOG HEIDI WILL NOW BE ABLE TO SLEEP .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The right deal happened. When it expires, Marchand will be 26 years old and be eligible for the bigger UFA deals ... not now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The right deal happened. When it expires, Marchand will be 26 years old and be eligible for the bigger UFA deals ... not now.
    Posted by Klaas

He's still RFA when this deal ends.

Sections
Shortcuts