Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley

From Bish's blog, looks like CJ is using them together tonight. I guess it's the first audition for that 2nd line winger position.

From what I read, looks like they're connecting pretty well.

Any comments from anyone actually watching the game? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley

In Response to Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley:
    [QUOTE]From Bish's blog, looks like CJ is using them together tonight. I guess it's the first audition for that 2nd line winger position. From what I read, looks like they're connecting pretty well. Any comments from anyone actually watching the game? 
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    I missed the game but it's nice to see 7 points between them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

That's not a #2 line, that's a 1-A line.  Love it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Was at the game. I don't want to get too excited over a pre-season game against the Islanders but that line was dominant. Hands down the best line on the ice. Peverley's speed was evident throughout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was there.  They were ridiculous.  As stated above, it was against the woeful Islanders, but they were next to untouchable.  The passing was magic, the speed was blazing and the defense was everywhere.

It's certainly not anywhere near a "1A" line as stated above, but it might be a Top 5 #2 line in the NHL by mid-season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That line could do some damage, they looked very fluid out there tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

It started late in the playoffs when Pev was getting spot duty on that line.  And everytime he did, the line accelerated and clicked, up a notch.  

Peverly gives the added speed and he almost never passes the puck just to get rid of it.  He'll hold and hold until the right pass, or shot, comes to him.  And he has the talent to zig and zag as he holds it.  

Very exciting to watch.

The line will certainly be one of the best defensive lines in the league.  And it will have plenty of offensive pop as well.  With two great lines, the Bs will be hard to beat this year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

as much as i love that line, i hate the resulting seguin/pouliot/kelly 3rd line.  seguin might as well center paille and thornton.  looking past top 6 to top 9 assuming 4th line is set, and going with the 4 line balance formula that did pretty well last year.  If you were the opposing coach would you rather defend:

K H L
    B M Pv
    S K PL

or

K H L
    B M S
    Pv K Pl

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Saying Peverley is a 1st line player is an embarassment to 1st line players.Tyler Seguin is the most talented player on the bruins, and if I see him struggling for icetime this season with so little on the line... I am going to vomit.

If they don't give Seguin 15 minutes+ I'm going to protest every damned game.

It's just laughable to suggest anyone on the Bruins brings more "speed" than Seguin. So sick of the Julien mind-games. I hate this guy. 

Edit: I was pretty drunk while writing this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou. Show shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou's posts

Like I said, Peverly lacks the passing and shooting skills necessary to be a top-6 forward in the NHL. :) His setup to Marchand was a pass I didn't think he had the ability to make. The goal was garbage though. 

The B's looked a heck of a lot more organized than they did in Game 1 so that's good. Course, this was not only a preseason game but it was against the Islanders and this was their first game so let's not get carried away. I have little doubt that I could be a point per game player against the Islanders too and I'm very, very fat and have trouble skating backwards.

I have NEVER cared about preseason games in any sport more than this year. Fun stuff!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The auditions for the second line do not end with a preseason game.  As NAS stated if it continues all is well.  I liked Peverly's game even in Atlanta, certainly better than Wheeler!  

On a different note, Seguin is still a work in progress, a center in the making if you will.  If Peverly fails, at least Seguin will have some more TOI than last year. It will suffice to have Seguin on the power play to increase TOI.  Otherwise I agree with Olsonicator, CJ will need to explain a lot other than Seguin can learn more from the press box.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

With Seguin centering the 3rd line, possibly Pouliot on LW and  whoever plays best on RW, that line would get plenty of ice time.  It's certainly possible that Sauve or Caron beats out Kelly.  Either way, with the growing sophistication of Seguin, a good third line would play plenty.  It was only a few years back that Bergeron was centering the third line after Savard and Krejci.  And he was getting as much itme as the first two.

It's hard to imagine that Seguin will be sitting much this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting comments from ya'll. Peverly has obviously staked a claim on Bergie's wing. Some of us thought it ahould have been done last year as REX was fading. Just based on pre-season it appears that Seguin will be the 3rd line center with Caron, and probably Kelly on his wing, although Arneil [ thanks NAS] has speed.Could Claude ever think of a "kid " line of Seguin/Caron/Arneil ? Claude seems to like Pouliot, but where does he fit in ? If Kamfer looks good, as reported, could he, plus Cohen or Bartkowski replace Boychuck ??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley:[QUOTE] If they don't give Seguin 15 minutes+ I'm going to protest every damned game. It's just laughable to suggest anyone on the Bruins brings more "speed" than Seguin. Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

I'm more convinced now that Bruins brass want Seguin to play center this year. This bodes well for me in that the 4th line minutes go down because it will mean more TOI for Seguin's 3rd line to produce offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley : I'm more convinced now that Bruins brass want Seguin to play center this year. This bodes well for me in that the 4th line minutes go down because it will mean more TOI for Seguin's 3rd line to produce offense.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

and more time on PP, maybe not as center,  as a winger.  I really think the first step for Bruins PP to start working well is to have a center that will win the faceoff back from the other teams best defensive center and get possession in the zone. 
    Seguin might not be the best faceoff taker but then again he wasn't put in consistently.
    Krejci hopefully can be a little better taking faceoffs on PP . Seems to be ok during the game but on PP I saw him losing too many.
    If Krejci doesn't work Bruins must put the best guy they have, Bergeron.

As for the line of the topic I think it's pretty well set.  I just hope the 3rd line gets some chemistry going.
    Also for Peverly to be effective he must play on the top 2 lines otherwise he's lost playing pn bottom 2 lines.  Seguin on the other hand can play almost everywhere and that's what makes him more valuable.  He has lots of time to showcase what he has, Peverly it's now .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said, Peverly lacks the passing and shooting skills necessary to be a top-6 forward in the NHL. :) His setup to Marchand was a pass I didn't think he had the ability to make. The goal was garbage though.  The B's looked a heck of a lot more organized than they did in Game 1 so that's good. Course, this was not only a preseason game but it was against the Islanders and this was their first game so let's not get carried away. I have little doubt that I could be a point per game player against the Islanders too and I'm very, very fat and have trouble skating backwards. I have NEVER cared about preseason games in any sport more than this year. Fun stuff!
    Posted by shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou[/QUOTE]

Actually Peverly spent the better part of 2 years as a productive top-six forward in Atlanta, even riding shotgun with Kovalchuk for a while. So, yes, he is top-six material at the NHL level and is a natural fit on the second line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

yeah I was kinda drunk when I wrote that, I feel much less passionate about what I said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]yeah I was kinda drunk when I wrote that, I feel much less passionate about what I said.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]
    Yeah , i thought you were a little hard on Claude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Not sure why people are dumping on Kelly as a 3rd line player or worrying about Seguin's minutes. Last time we saw these guys, they were raising a large silvery chalice into the air.

Seems to be a perfectly fine way to mentor Seguin into a well-rounded center. I'd rather see this switch happen now, even at the expense of more minutes he'd get as a 2nd line wing. Why not start his transition to his natural position, and move Kelly to the wing as a safety valve?

Pouliot, Clark or Caron on the other wing are fine. Depends on the chemistry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Seguin could benefit from another year on the third line. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I hope Pouliot isn't on this team come October 6th. Hasn't shown anything to warrant a 1.1 million dollar contract. I'd rather see a Kelly-Seguin-Arniel/Caron line.
    Arniel has had respectable numbers at the AHL level, I think he's be a pleasant surprise on the third line if he made the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley : I'm more convinced now that Bruins brass want Seguin to play center this year. This bodes well for me in that the 4th line minutes go down because it will mean more TOI for Seguin's 3rd line to produce offense.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I concur.  Balance is a great thing.  Malkin/Crosby/Staal.  We dont have that luxury but DK/Bergie/Seguin is a nice 3 some.  Seguin is a center, let him develop into his natural position.  saying he needs a certain amount of ice time is complete nonsense.  He needs to find himself.  He is 19 yrs old not 26.  Let him get his confidence and we will have a superstar. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley : I concur.  Balance is a great thing.  Malkin/Crosby/Staal.  We dont have that luxury but DK/Bergie/Seguin is a nice 3 some.  Seguin is a center, let him develop into his natural position.  saying he needs a certain amount of ice time is complete nonsense.  He needs to find himself.  He is 19 yrs old not 26.  Let him get his confidence and we will have a superstar. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Shupe. What you're saying makes sense but I kind of want to see him on that 2nd wing during a game or 2 in the pre season. I'm curious. Maybe there won't be any chemistry at all and Peverley then becomes the front runner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

That's going to be a good line. Bergeron supplies the talent, Peverly supples the grit and Marchand supplies the punch, er uh, so to speak. Man, I am really going to enjoy watching this team this year. I probably won't catch many of the pre-season games but I will dutifully watch and enjoy every regular season game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley : I concur.  Balance is a great thing.  Malkin/Crosby/Staal.  We dont have that luxury but DK/Bergie/Seguin is a nice 3 some.  Seguin is a center, let him develop into his natural position.  saying he needs a certain amount of ice time is complete nonsense.  He needs to find himself.  He is 19 yrs old not 26.  Let him get his confidence and we will have a superstar. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I am a bit confused by that line, but if Seguin needs TOI, well, he does.  All the skill in the world, digital replays, and bird's eye views of the game are not experience.  Play him, let him make mistakes.  Time to let the egg hatch!