Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected?

After today's game against Nashville in which he led all Bruins forwards in ice time, Marchand is only 2 points behind last year's totals in 30 fewer games played. At the time of his signing, there were many who said he hadn't proven he was ready for top line minutes because he hadn't done it long enough. With 60 points still well within reach (39 points with 29 games to play) I ask, has he proven enough yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected?

I really didn't need this point in the season to answer the question. Hell ya, he's a keeper !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected?:
    [QUOTE]I really didn't need this point in the season to answer the question. Hell ya, he's a keeper !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    You're right Chowdah, I should've added that he's always had some staunch supporters. I don't notice any of them as much.Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Hopefully an integral part of the Bruins for years to come.  Felt the same way last year as he established himself with the club and in the league.  (Using a Sedin head for a speedbag notwithstanding.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Just a terrific player with A. Ton. of skill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Marchand's also scoring at a slightly higher pace than he did in last year's playoffs. If he had played the same number of games as Logan Couture, he would have 1 less point than Couture. I only say that because some people think Couture has way more upside than Marchand point wise.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good post dez.  I would say the sample size is big enough to say that he has established himself as a top-6 NHL forward.  Very happy the B's have him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand's also scoring at a slightly higher pace than he did in last year's playoffs. If had played the same number of games as Logan Couture, he would have 1 less point than Couture. I only say that because some people think Couture has way more upside than Marchand point wise.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it's unrealistic to think Marchand could become a point per game player eventually. As his detractors liked to point out, this is only his 2nd full season. His linemates are decent players too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This is what I expected as well as him being a pest to the oponents. The bruins will get much more than there moneys worth on this contract. I think don't think the krejci contract will be worth it but I also thought lucic wouldn't score 20 goals this season haha.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand hasn't missed a step and is doing everything expected this season. Down the line, though, the elephant in the room is if/when they move Seguin to center.  I would assume Marchy stays on that line, but will Bergey be the other wing?
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Whatever it takes to keep the trio playing up to their potential.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As Jack said today "Marchand has a Bee under his Bonnet". His play that led to Bergeron SH goal was total improvisation, you can't teach that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I really didn't need this point in the season to answer the question. Hell ya, he's a keeper !
    Do you think he'll ever be as good as Dubinsky?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

More often than not Marchand is a threat in the offensive zone, so I say he has been better than expected.  As SanDog said, that little chip on the shorty was a thing of beauty. I know he usually needs to play with an edge, but today, he was extremely effective without being a punk.  Time and place for everything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]He's just another dirty Bruin punk that hides behind Chippy Campbells daddys skirt. 
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

It's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected? : Do you think he'll ever be as good as Dubinsky?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Na, he's a punk !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected? : Na, he's a punk !
    I did really like the way Dubinsky went after Rinaldo today after a dirty slash to the forearm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I love Marchand when he gets innovative and creates chances...however, I am seeing that that determination really ebbs and flows for a period of games.

I hope that his 'reputation' and close watch by the officials isn't contributing to his up and down games.

Keep on agitating but do it within the rules!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Better (Or Worse) Than Expected? : I did really like the way Dubinsky went after Rinaldo today after a dirty slash to the forearm.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I've always liked Dubinsky's feistiness. Rinaldo ? He got his hockey skills from watching " Slapshot ".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He has really turned into a fantastic player. Great wheels and a solid shot and never gives up on plays. Amazing he was a 3rd pk and Hamill was the 8th overall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I actually like the way Marchand plays when he sticks to hockey. The guy's got a ton of skill, puck sense and determination.  I just wish he would lay off the cheap stuff.

History has shown that there's a place for smaller players in the league -- Martin St. Louis, Brian Gionta, Paul Kariya, Cliff Ronning, Theoren Fleury -- were all guys who were probably told over and over again that they were too small to make it, and were/are more determined than anyone else to prove them wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

The play today to set up Bergeron's SH goal was classic Marchand. I want him to remain a Bruin for a very long time. This guy can play and has the right mindset. You can just see the determination, the will to win, the hockey sense. No wonder he was key in the game 7 for the Cup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like him. High energy and high skill level. Play on your top line, PK unit and PP unit...Looks like a good player to me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Am I the only one who thinks he's kept his nose fairly clean since his return from his suspension?  If he's learning to keep his head in the game well enough to make plays like he did on Bergeron's goal today without having to be a pest, that's a step towards being a consistent contributer.

Sections
Shortcuts