Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.:
    In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : Can you provide any examples where you feel he clearly dove? Because I truly don't see it. Does he play on the edge? Absolutely. Does he sometimes cross that "so-called" line? Yes, absolutely. Does he need to play that way to be successful? I think so although, that is up for debate. But diving? I don't see it. And I'm being as oblective as possible. When I look at players like Lapierre and Subban, I see it. And not only because of the teams they play on. As a matter of fact, I have many friends from those 2 teams fan bases and most of them agree that they are embarressed by those moments. They also tend to agree that Marchand is a pest and loves to mix it up but he is not a diver. You have every right to your opinion and every right to not like him but calling him a diver is like calling Kessel a leader.
    Posted by Ronstar8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDPEZ31byI

Bump...dive.

http://youtu.be/Kv0mI49SjtA

Push...dive.

Feel free to search the internet for more examples.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : I have been quite busy and haven't had the time to surf the web as I generally do.  I'll never call you a liar, Dez.  I'll disagree with an opinion, but if you say your bud is an XZY on Dallas, I'll just blindly believe you.  I'd question others with the same statement, but take yours as truth.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm talking purely hypothetically as if I was in Marchand's shoes. I am glad you can tell I see no point in telling lies to strangers on the internet though. FYI, Dallas has having their end of the year meetings all of this past week and I'm hearing they're planning on making a serious run at some free agents this off-sason. I think you'd love my buddy's job as he had to show up at the meeting with a scouting report done up for every player in the Eastern conference (minors too). What a job eh? Watch hockey and tell me what you think......I really envy him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I have even more respect for Marchand now. And for what ever it's worth it's the exact type of response someone on this board makes, and then criticizes him for doing the same. 

Truth is - it really does mean nothing. I'm glad we have him, and I'd take a couple of more just like him if I could. Go Brad -

And there are all types of Marchand highlights on youtube.
     Some really good ones- like where he helped his team win the Cup for the 1st time in 40 yrs. Thats kind of a trump card in my book -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Marchand's comment was most likely directed at his critics opinions of him. Why not ? I agree . Why should they mean anything to him ? He's the one out there doing the battling while they're at home on their couch doing the hating. 

Can't please everyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.:
    I missed this one.  Yet another reason why I hate this guy.  Not even Dez can defend this jerk after reading this. On Tuesday in Boston, Marchand defended himself when he was asked about criticism he’s received in the court of public opinion. “For them to judge what knocks you down, they don’t know your balance or what not on the play,” Marchand told reporters. “They’re sitting at home watching on TV. I don’t really care what they say. They have no impact on my game, my life. They mean nothing. ” http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/brad-marchand-doesnt-care-if-outsiders-view-him-as-a-diver/2012/04/24/gIQATZYqeT_blog.html
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

From this thread 

You said (among other things);
    " I rarely even care about interviews." 

So let me get this straight, do you just quote the interviews that serve your agenda?  Or do you only read the interviews that serve your agenda?

Open mind.  2 4 letter words in the NAS dictionary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Speaking of players whom are going top be in a Bruins uniform past the age of 35. I would've had a problem if Brad had been referring to Boston fans but he wasn't he saw the press pass around the media persons neck that was asking the questions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think Marchand dives, but I think his response was fine. If he said this to Bish, or KPD directly relating to Bruins fans? Then I don't think that would be a great response. The customer isn't always right (I hate that attitude), but you should always care what they think. I don't know what his issue was this year. Yes he finished 2nd in scoring on the team. I still didn't see the same player that I saw last season. I honestly think he got a little too cocky at times. And he at times I felt tried too hard to be that "little ball of hate" instead of being a fine hockey player. Just my IMHO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : From this thread  http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a36e163ec-9b9e-48f0-9568-d9f1e3feef0d   You said (among other things); " I rarely even care about interviews."   So let me get this straight, do you just quote the interviews that serve your agenda?  Or do you only read the interviews that serve your agenda? Open mind.  2 4 letter words in the NAS dictionary.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I stated I rarely care.  In this case, I was actually looking for his side of the story. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

It never occured to you before this that pro hockey players don't look to their fans for hockey advice? Marchand's only obligations are to his coaches, teammates, and employers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It never occured to you before this that pro hockey players don't look to their fans for hockey advice? Marchand's only obligations are to his coaches, teammates, and employers.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Did someone mention advice?

Saying that the fans "mean nothing" is ridiculous.  Without the fans, Marchand is hanging out at The Auld Triangle, getting into fights and rapping poorly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : Did someone mention advice? Saying that the fans "mean nothing" is ridiculous.  Without the fans, Marchand is hanging out at The Auld Triangle, getting into fights and rapping poorly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You don't know that. Without hockey he might've put more of his efforts into rappin'. He could'a been the best yo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : You don't know that. Without hockey he might've put more of his efforts into rappin'. He could'a been the best yo!
    Posted by dezaruchi

You're correct.  He'd still be hanging out at The Auld Triangle, getting into fights and rapping!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : You're correct.  He'd still be hanging out at The Auld Triangle, getting into fights and rapping!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

WORD!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : You don't know that. Without hockey he might've put more of his efforts into rappin'. He could'a been the best yo!
    Posted by dezaruchi

He'd be a natural, The guys who made the Humpty Dance video wore prosthetics to have a nose like his.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. :  wow...how ironic!!.... this is exactly the sentiment most people feel about you on this board NAS.....  PS.... Marchand is 100 percent correct.... WE (you) have NO impact on his life...
    Posted by readsocks

You mean nothing to me.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh keep quiet null

Sections
Shortcuts