Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.

I missed this one.  Yet another reason why I hate this guy.  Not even Dez can defend this jerk after reading this.

On Tuesday in Boston, Marchand defended himself when he was asked about criticism he’s received in the court of public opinion.

“For them to judge what knocks you down, they don’t know your balance or what not on the play,” Marchand told reporters. “They’re sitting at home watching on TV. I don’t really care what they say. They have no impact on my game, my life. They mean nothing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/brad-marchand-doesnt-care-if-outsiders-view-him-as-a-diver/2012/04/24/gIQATZYqeT_blog.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.

You're on a role this morning.
    You don't know Dez very well.  This will be easy for him to defend.
    Personally 3 of the 4 episodes with Marchand were not dives and the one I think he didn't have to go down was not dive but maybe he embellished it.
    Marchand has to play through alot from now on, he's a victim of his own success.
    Right now he's been tagged and he has to work hard to shake it off.  It could take 2 full seasons before everyone starts to say the dreaded media statement " Marchand has really matured...... blah blah blah "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's your opinion.  He doesn't care.  You mean nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Come on, NAS. You do know that he's probably talking about fans of other fanbases, right? He probably doesn't expect Bruins fans to be mad at him.

And I don't really care what hit his face....if you punch yourself in the face, does it hurt? I don't know for sure.....give it a try for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's Marchand's opinion.  I don't give honey badger.  It means nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing.:
    That's your opinion.  He doesn't care.  You mean nothing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

LOL... I know I mean nothing.
    Come on you think that was directed at you ?  
    It was directed at all that never played the game and especially those reporters that never suited skates.
    That's what he's missing in his statement, he should have added this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Come on, NAS. You do know that he's probably talking about fans of other fanbases, right? He probably doesn't expect Bruins fans to be mad at him. And I don't really care what hit his face....if you punch yourself in the face, does it hurt? I don't know for sure.....give it a try for me.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

The actual diving, which he certainly does, is a subject elsewhere.  This is about Marchand's attitude towards the fans.  And he doesn't care.  We mean nothing.  We're just sitting at home watching TV.  We don't affect his life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

That quote is a response to people who are saying he's a diver. How many times have you heard people say "I don't care about the critics"? Every single athlete tunes those things out; that's what they all say, anyways.

He doesn't care about you, because YOU are one of his critics on the subject.

Me and the rest of his supporters? You bet he cares.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who cares?  Quit trying to be offended by this guy.

Marchand played a crappy series and should be frustrated.  So the outside criticism of fans means 'nothing' to him.  Just as it should.  I couldn't care less.  Is it somehow surprising that the complaints of the fans over how a guy fell down doesn't matter to the players?  Should Marchand be taking fan surveys after every game to know where he stands?

I'd much rather criticize Marchand for poor play then pretend that he is somehow insulting me.  Are we really going to whine about not being acknoweldged by the players enough?

I want Marchand to score goals and stay out of trouble, not be sensitive to my opinions as a fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Whine, dive, mouth off. I don't care. Just put the puck in the net or pass it to someone who will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Unless you're a Caps fan, I don't think he was referring to you, NAS. Nor do I think it was directed to the Bruins fanbase. Most Bruins fans didn't accuse him of diving when he was bleeding from the mouth. 

Did you even bother to notice the article was in the Washington Post? Or that it's a comment from Chimera (cheat shot artist) that stirred the pot?

Frankly, I think your disdain for Marchand has reached a level that makes it impossible for you to comment on anything regarding him with any type of objectivity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unless you're a Caps fan, I don't think he was referring to you, NAS. Nor do I think it was directed to the Bruins fanbase. Most Bruins fans didn't accuse him of diving when he was bleeding from the mouth.  Did you even bother to notice the article was in the Washington Post? Or that it's a comment from Chimera (cheat shot artist) that stirred the pot? Frankly, I think your disdain for Marchand has reached a level that makes it impossible for you to comment on anything regarding him with any type of objectivity.
    Posted by Ronstar8

Frankly, I think your disdain for my disdain of Marchand has made it impossible for you to remember the nice things I've said about the guy.

Most Bruins fans didn't watch the hit more than once or twice on the TV broadcast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You're right. None of us researched for more reasons to hate a pretty damn good player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : Frankly, I think your disdain for my disdain of Marchand has made it impossible for you to remember the nice things I've said about the guy. Most Bruins fans didn't watch the hit more than once or twice on the TV broadcast.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Come on, NAS. You continuously look for reason to criticize him and you know it. Let me ask what your opinion is. Honestly, do you think he is a "diver"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : Come on, NAS. You continuously look for reason to criticize him and you know it. Let me ask what your opinion is. Honestly, do you think he is a "diver"?
    Posted by Ronstar8

I don't look for reasons.  I watch the games and I read articles.  Reasons are everywhere.

And yes, he's absolutely a diver.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You read articles from almost a week ago?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : I don't look for reasons.  I watch the games and I read articles.  Reasons are everywhere. And yes, he's absolutely a diver.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Can you provide any examples where you feel he clearly dove? Because I truly don't see it. Does he play on the edge? Absolutely. Does he sometimes cross that "so-called" line? Yes, absolutely. Does he need to play that way to be successful? I think so although, that is up for debate.

But diving? I don't see it. And I'm being as oblective as possible. When I look at players like Lapierre and Subban, I see it. And not only because of the teams they play on. As a matter of fact, I have many friends from those 2 teams fan bases and most of them agree that they are embarressed by those moments. They also tend to agree that Marchand is a pest and loves to mix it up but he is not a diver.

You have every right to your opinion and every right to not like him but calling him a diver is like calling Kessel a leader.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think the "Marchand is a diver " believers "mean nothing" to Brad Marchand.I think that would be easy to understand from Marchands point of view and would suspect he wouldn't give it a moments thought. As far as playing hockey,i like him as a player,hope he is a Bruin for years to come and that he does clean up his embellishing nature,he doesn't need that in his game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

He was talking about Cap fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, you are moaning about the los , not Marchand. He's your favorite whipping boy, we all know that and take your comments with a grain of salt, as the elderly like to say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Everyone agrees Marchand had a bad series and despite some controversial antics I still like him. But he seems like a bit of marked man around the NHL. Might be time for Brad to pull a Stan Makita.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Fans not in the New England area might call Marchand the "Burrows of the East".  I hate that comparison but Marchand was not doing himself any favors with the embellishment acts and ducking hits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Why not just take him at face value? The guy fought out of training camp last year to scratch his way onto the 4th line. Then he earned 2nd line minutes by playing a high-tempo agitating-style of game and burying his chances. He was rewarded with tremendous success, especially when playing on the edge in the Finals and in Game 7 of all times.

Then he had to face his second year with huge expectations. Could it be that he's simply a solid 2-way player who continues to get under people's skin and pots 20-25 a year? Let's take it for what it is. I'm like others that don't like the other stuff in his game right now, but let's not forget he's still figuring out what his game is.

If it's still like this half way through next year, then the criticism is valid. I give a pass for this year. Too much of a roller coaster ride for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : The actual diving, which he certainly does, is a subject elsewhere.  This is about Marchand's attitude towards the fans.  And he doesn't care.  We mean nothing.  We're just sitting at home watching TV.  We don't affect his life.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

If I'm telling you the truth and you call me a liar, should I value your opinion? I'm glad he took that attitude. I would've been more concerned had he said people's opinion's affected him. I'm also a little surprise you took so long to notice the quote as I'd seen it (and blew it off) before the series was over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Doesn't Hate You, You Mean Nothing. : If I'm telling you the truth and you call me a liar, should I value your opinion? I'm glad he took that attitude. I would've been more concerned had he said people's opinion's affected him. I'm also a little surprise you took so long to notice the quote as I'd seen it (and blew it off) before the series was over.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I have been quite busy and haven't had the time to surf the web as I generally do.  I'll never call you a liar, Dez.  I'll disagree with an opinion, but if you say your bud is an XZY on Dallas, I'll just blindly believe you.  I'd question others with the same statement, but take yours as truth.

Sections
Shortcuts