Marchand Exit Imminent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Marchand Exit Imminent

Gotcha!

Round 2 of the Group stage continues today.

Marchie will watch with keen interest as Italy takes on Costa Rica from his home near Halifax. He'll be taking notes on how to get his shots on goal from Mario Balotelli.

I'm preparing a Pool for the Board for the upcoming Knockout stages. I hope many of you will be participating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Marchand Exit Imminent

Overall, you're okay in my book, Wheat, but this thread title is stupid.

But not nearly as stupid as SOCCER.

It's a light in the loafers activity that bores the paint off walls.

Why don't you go talk about it on the Revs page?  Oh, because there's no activity there?  Is that because people from Boston don't give a ratsass about soccer?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is that because people from Boston don't give a ratsass about soccer?

[/QUOTE]

No, its definitely not that. The sports bigotry did make me laugh though.

The misleading headline did suck baws.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

You're a dirty rat, wheat. Now I have to root against Italy. Not that I'm going to actually watch. I've seen parts of 2 games so far purely by accident. It was on the TV in places where I have no control over the remote. Best thing I've seen so far is the guy from Uraguay actually getting knocked out. It was refreshing to see a player on the pitch (how about that, a non-soccer guy using the right terminology!) for a legit reason. Probably the first and only time it will happen in the world fake-fest.

Enjoy the games, wheat.

Cheers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Why don't you go talk about it on the Revs page?  Oh, because there's no activity there?  Is that because people from Boston don't give a ratsass about soccer?

It's boring. It's boring. Same old argument.

In the next two generations real football will take hold in North American because football is the game for the World. No-one can stop it.

We won't be around to see it, NAS. But, where ever we are I'm going to post in the big board up in the sky and write: "there, NAS, I told you!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

Soccer is for "athletes" who aren't good enough at hockey, baseball, football or lax.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[/QUOTE]

In the next two generations real football will take hold in North American because football is the game for the World. No-one can stop it.

We won't be around to see it, NAS. But, where ever we are I'm going to post in the big board up in the sky and write: "there, NAS, I told you!"

[/QUOTE]

Because you only need something to kick, and a field to have a "football" game, millions grow up playing it.

IMO, soccer is like baseball. Fun to play, coma inducing, to watch.

Oh, and people that start misleading threads, just tick me off. I don't find it cute, or funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    NAS, we agree on something!

It's a european sport (more on that in a sec).  The only reason it's gaining any traction in the US is because the sports network's finally did a TV deal.

That being said, maybe they're out in front of this business-wise, maybe they're not.  But what is a fact is there are alot of europeans that have migrated to America over the past 10 years and many, (like my neighbors) are hardcore soccer fans.  My neighbor just bought a brand new 90" Smart TV just for the World Cup.  I heard him in there the other night yelling in Portuguese lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if its the same old reason because... wait for it... it's true?

Ooops, sorry, fell asleep for a minute thinking about soccer...zzzzzz.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

Gotcha!

Round 2 of the Group stage continues today.

Marchie will watch with keen interest as Italy takes on Costa Rica from his home near Halifax. He'll be taking notes on how to get his shots on goal from Mario Balotelli.

I'm preparing a Pool for the Board for the upcoming Knockout stages. I hope many of you will be participating.

[/QUOTE]

Seems like you jinxed your hero - one shot on goal, some fouls and a yellow card - I'd keep Marchand over him. Plus I've heard that Balotelli is a cancer...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Actually Wheats I don't care on who likes what. I sit a bar here in NH after a long day of work quaffing down a Sheds mountain ale watching "the World Cup". I am a sports fan, as a almost thoroughbred English American, it did me well to see England lose again. Next arrogant country is Italy, then every other European country. I love the lyrics of Aussie singer Paul Kelly when he sings the song " every fuccing city looks the same". Anyhoo I will get into the pool if you start. Cheers! 

"Don't judge me monkey" 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'll get into the pool as well Wheats,Uruguay will knock Italy out of the tournament next game,so i won't have to worry about the Azzurri.Los Charruas es bueno!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to chipnchase's comment:

Soccer is for "athletes" who aren't good enough at hockey, baseball, football or lax.

You gotta be kidding me? Pure North American (American) mentality and baloney.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

[QUOTE]

NAS, we agree on something!

It's a european sport (more on that in a sec).  The only reason it's gaining any traction in the US is because the sports network's finally did a TV deal.

That being said, maybe they're out in front of this business-wise, maybe they're not.  But what is a fact is there are alot of europeans that have migrated to America over the past 10 years and many, (like my neighbors) are hardcore soccer fans.  My neighbor just bought a brand new 90" Smart TV just for the World Cup.  I heard him in there the other night yelling in Portuguese lol.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong Bimmer. It is "THE SPORT"not only in Europe, but Africa, Asia, Middle East, South and Central America.

And if you do the math, that represents 99.5% of the world's population. It is no wonder that the World Cup is the biggest deal on the planet. The Super Bowl doesn't even make a dent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Good point.  But the biggest tv market is in europe, no?  Btw Australia only 1%?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Biggest problem here for soccer is that people who have money choose to play other sports. Soccer is popular in a lot of countries because all you need is a ball, and a lot of the people who play can't afford sneakers to play in but do anyways.

I heard NASCAR was going to be real popular too in the Northeast. Nope. Never.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Soccer:  Helping kids with no hand-eye coordination feel good about themselves worldwide!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to chipnchase's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And for some........................ watching soccer is an outlet for those who when talking hockey, can only come up with " I know something you don't know" trades that never happen.

Costa Rica 1 Italy 0.................yippee.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Wrong Bimmer. It is "THE SPORT"not only in Europe, but Africa, Asia, Middle East, South and Central America.

And if you do the math, that represents 99.5% of the world's population. It is no wonder that the World Cup is the biggest deal on the planet. The Super Bowl doesn't even make a dent.

[/QUOTE]

People in different places like different things.  The good people of Ghana probably don't watch too much hockey.  Imagine that conversation.  

And, what they like in the Middle East isn't too relevant to my life.  They also like stoning people to death and putting raped girls in jail for asking for it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People in different places like different things.  The good people of Ghana probably don't watch too much hockey.  Imagine that conversation.  

And, what they like in the Middle East isn't too relevant to my life.  They also like stoning people to death and putting raped girls in jail for asking for it.

[/QUOTE]

You know what would be funny: Americans going to these places and trying to teach them American football.

Can you imagine their reactions? Football? This is football and you use your hands?

And NAS, sport is all about eye-hand co-ordination? That is another North American crap fodder.

Sections
Shortcuts