Marchand for Dubinsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: Marchand for Dubinsky

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

If we're talking about switching LW's, what about switching Marchand and Lucic for a game or two? I think Lucic would work fine with Bergeron and Eriksson, and maybe Iginla and Krejci can light a fire under Marchand.

I certainly like your idea a lot better Red.

That is a good idea.  I get a better feeling about that than flipping the RW's on those lines.  I think with time it would work.  But the same could be said for sticking with the same lines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

There's another thing to consider here, imho. Marchand could well be playing at his best effort, but opponents have figured out how to neutralize him?  I've noticed that when he's got the puck, they are poke checking instead of taking the body.  When he's battling for it at the boards, they're using his size against him.  Also, his patented wrap around/behind-the-net rushes are also being nipped at the bud.

Adjustments, adjustments, adjustments.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

If we're talking about switching LW's, what about switching Marchand and Lucic for a game or two? I think Lucic would work fine with Bergeron and Eriksson, and maybe Iginla and Krejci can light a fire under Marchand.

That is a good idea.  I get a better feeling about that than flipping the RW's on those lines.  I think with time it would work.  But the same could be said for sticking with the same lines.

Frankly Matt, I'm in favour of CJ doing whatever it takes to get the most from the entire lineup. I really don't care who plays with who provided the results (wins) are there.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

There is no reason to make any moves with Marchand now.  I would wait until after the Olympic break as it may just be what Marchand needs to recharge and get totally healthy.  If he is still struggling after that then you  move him in a deadline deal to improve the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Could it be ? No I mean seriously? How about marchand being t he leading scorer last year oh yea who was on that line.  I see u coming Don't even try to blame marchand for erixsson woes.

Check brad stats - you want a trade him because he's starting slow.  You insane?  This guy is one of the main reasons we won the cup . 

Hey marco...good post, you're exactly right. Marchand is one of the last I would consider moving off this roster. He's playing on 2/3 of a line right now, that affects everyone. He's more than earned as much time as he needs to get it going. You want to make a move for Yak, start with Campbell, Kelly or Boychuk. Leave Brad alone - he's the real deal, and I'm glad we have him in Boston.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Might be going a little conspiracy theory on this one, but has Marchand played like his productive and truculent self since the Volchenkov hit and concussion?

By the numbers:

Since the hit:

54gp 6-16-25 (.46 ppg)

Before the hit, including 2011-12 regular season:

121gp 45-45-90 (.74 ppg)

Goals are down 55%, while points are down 37%.

Has seemed off for awhile now, you see flashes but nothing consistent. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

this is way way way too premature....on another note, marco, go away. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

no, no, the subtle seguin comment earlier in the thread. we don't need it, nobody needs it. stop trolling. and gallagher is on pace for 30, you said he'd be lucky to hit 20. i'll take my end of it. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

We don't really need Marchand. Not until April.

Bruins are in first without him. We'll need him at playoff time. Does anyone actually think that Brad will not make a contribution for the whole year?

Don't delude yourself with regular season uselessness

True but right now Marchand stinks!

He read  Mike RYDER'S "guide to the incomplete hockey player" over the summer. A constructive meeting with coach and Cam, followed by a period of press box self evaluation time, may do the trick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

no, no, the subtle seguin comment earlier in the thread. we don't need it, nobody needs it. stop trolling. and gallagher is on pace for 30, you said he'd be lucky to hit 20. i'll take my end of it. 

Well you should hsve said that from the start.  

Tell me why does that comment affect you So much? 

Let's turn it around if loui was on fire yiu don't think thst may here would be reminding us of it. ..of course especially if seguin was doing average

What you call trolling I call aspects of business-

I think maybe you don't want to be reminded of this trade this may be why you don't want to hear about it

um. i don't really know what you just said because it wasn't entirely english. but going off what i think you meant. you voiced your opinion. it hasn't changed. we all know it. its drivel. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

I'll respectfully disagree about promoting Marchand to the first line. While a bit cold as of late, the Krejci line has shown good chemistry and certainly started off strong. I'd rather leave that group intact. The issues that needs addressing are Marchand's lackluster play and perhaps finding a way to get some additional production out of an improving Eriksson. Soderberg will retain offensive possessions, come out of corners with the puck and find Eriksson with quality passes just like he's doing with Smith. Maybe Bergy can learn to speak a little Swedish.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

I'll respectfully disagree about promoting Marchand to the first line. While a bit cold as of late, the Krejci line has shown good chemistry and certainly started off strong. I'd rather leave that group intact. The issues that needs addressing are Marchand's lackluster play and perhaps finding a way to get some additional production out of an improving Eriksson. Soderberg will retain offensive possessions, come out of corners with the puck and find Eriksson with quality passes just like he's doing with Smith. Maybe Bergy can learn to speak a little Swedish.  

i certainly wouldn't use the term lackluster to describe marchands play. he hasn't had as much production as usual. his compete level is fine. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

i certainly wouldn't use the term lackluster to describe marchands play. he hasn't had as much production as usual. his compete level is fine. 

Yeah, I hope I didn't imply that it was for lack of effort, but something is just not clicking and the results have been (insert a word other than lackluster...subpar maybe...) I'm thinking it just might be a chemistry thing with Loui. At this point they've had time to learn each other's tendencies and they still dont seem to have much natural flow together. Maybe Claude keeps them intact and they work through it. Soderberg/Eriksson and Marchand/Smith just feels more compatible to me. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Marchand has more talent than Dubinsky , Dubinsky is bigger ...therefore I wouldnt say no to that trade if we get Dubinsky + a 1st round draft choice in 2014 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And March is younger I think Columbus would go for that trade ...but do you really want to trade a player like Brad ??    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

And on course Marchand probably plays 1 of his better games of the year today. I hope Marchand can get it rolling, he does add a little zig zag to a rather straight team,where theres probably 3-4 Dubinsky,s. Dubinsky reminds me of Kelly,Campbell,Paille That type of player with alittle more offense to his game. I was glad to see that other people had picked up on the chemistry & just finding that right mix with the lines, which I doubt you,ll see much change. One thing for sure CJ is about as stounch as it comes with lines, "here is the line, get it done!" And there is no way i,ll question that son of a gun!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Marchand showed why this thread is a bit premature

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

This thread is like bashing the B's because they're down 1-0 in the first period.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Marchand showed why this thread is a bit premature

Agree 100%, why are his line mates getting a free pass? Loui has not impressed me at all so far. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If you want to talk trades... how about Grabovski? I was impressed with his game in the playoffs last year and the few times I have watched the Caps (like last night) he has been good. Good speed, good hands and he doesn't mind the rough stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts