Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4gN-MSa20

Shouldn't even be a penalty because it was butt to hip. Refs were bad tonight, same crew as the Vancouver game ? Just tried to control the game way too much, let the teams play.

Milbury's fit in between periods on NBC Sports Network was classic and I agreed with him about all the goalie interference calls, just bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check

In Response to Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check:
    [QUOTE]            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4gN-MSa20 Shouldn't even be a penalty because it was butt to hip. Refs were bad tonight, same crew as the Vancouver game ? Just tried to control the game way too much, let the teams play. Milbury's fit in between periods on NBC Sports Network was classic and I agreed with him about all the goalie interference calls, just bad.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I always lead hip 1st like that because you can get solid contact that hurts. Going in high gives a better chance for the player to shrug the hit off or dodge it. Low center of gravity = solid contact.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check:[QUOTE]In Response to Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check : I always lead hip 1st like that because you can get solid contact that hurts. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Now, now no ruff play in the Dez household getting leaked out on BDC Tongue Out...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I so love this team.  Remember the last game vs Habs when Subban delievered a flying elbow to Krejci - what happened - Ference dropped his gloves and punched that jer k in the face.  Same tonight.  Emelin goes after Thornton - what happens - Marchand gets him.  I love it.  Go Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check:
    [QUOTE]            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4gN-MSa20 Shouldn't even be a penalty because it was butt to hip. Refs were bad tonight, same crew as the Vancouver game ? Just tried to control the game way too much, let the teams play. Milbury's fit in between periods on NBC Sports Network was classic and I agreed with him about all the goalie interference calls, just bad.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg - Couldn't you just see Shanahan in his office in front of a wall full of TV's with his finger poised on the phone, ready to press the speed dial button to PC had Emelin not gotten up? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check:[QUOTE]In Response to Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check : Dawg - Couldn't you just see Shanahan in his office in front of a wall full of TV's with his finger poised on the phone, ready to press the speed dial button to PC had Emelin not gotten up? Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

We'll have to watch closely https://twitter.com/NHLShanahan manana RHO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check": [QUOTE]I so love this team.  Remember the last game vs Habs when Subban delievered a flying elbow to Krejci - what happened - Ference dropped his gloves and punched that jer k in the face.  Same tonight.  Emelin goes after Thornton - what happens - Marchand gets him.  I love it.  Go Bruins. Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE] Thorts also got a little revenge himself in the 3rd, with a crusher on emilin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

There was alot of whining coming from the scabs dressing room..saying it was a dirty hit..lobbying 101 I

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check": Thorts also got a little revenge himself in the 3rd, with a crusher on emilin
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Thorts -- Is it just me or was that boarding in the first period. Something tells me -- if that hit was delivered to a Habs player -- every ref on the ice would have dislocated their shoulders raising their arms up to make the call. ALSO -- The Boychuk interference call in the 3rd -- absolutely perfect legal hit on a player who had just played the puck -- Only in Habland do you see a call like that.

As far as the Marchand hit -- the hip was there but all the NBC Sports Channel geeks were all over him screaming "dirty and cheap". Bottom line -- no time on the clock and in Montreal -- Dumb move for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If that's a suspension say goodbye to the hip check. Thought it was a good duck on Subban later in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

I am wondering if Marchand is simply short and so a hip check for others becomes a clip for him? The Salo hit looked dirty to me, not sure about these ones. Whether he is playing dirty or not though, he comes across as just classless. When he eventually gets crunched and concussed I imagine there will be a lot of snickers around the league...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It was a good hip check and not dirty at all in my book.  Fairshake - you're right. There would be many players throughout the league who wouldn't blink an eye if Marchand got hurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I just watched it a bunch of times it was hip to stomache practically. I cant believe the whinefest (not here) that is going on over this.

I guess BM is not allowed to check that ref should be fin fired so many horrible calls last night. The Paccioretty goalie interference was particularly awful

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

#63's hip check looked just like all those others that received no look from shanny. can't blame the guy for being 5 foot nothing. i still contend the only reason he received discipline on the salo hit was because he followed through high(looked like he was doing the wave). if all those other hip checks are legal, and god knows we looked at them all here, neither is this one. i'd be shocked(not really i guess) if it warrants any further actions. put it this way, KPD doesn't even mention it in his write up, and he hates the bruins! non-issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good Grief, that whole game was called like a field hockey match.  Two of the three goalie interference calls on the Habs were a joke and the one on Paille was ridiculous.  Marchand's check was simply not a clip.  He bent at the hip and appeared to make contact right around the hip.  Eddie O. was embarassing last night.  I guess Marchand has to hit shoulder to shoulder everytime now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

If Marchand played on any of 29 teams not named Boston he would be the most hated  National Hockey League player among fans in Boston. Easily topping anyone of Vancouver. Not even close.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Clean hit from a dirty player.

It would be misguided of Shanny to suspend Marchand. The rules can't be different for one player because of his history, but when he does break the rules the history should factor in and the punishment can be greater. I know it's the NHL and not a court of law, but uneven enforcement of rules just leads to more problems.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

penalizing a clean marchand hip check, because it looks low, is ridiculous. he's the shortest guy on the ice. is he not allowed to hip check? i remember big z getting a roughing call against briere- because he hit him high. how exactly is a 6'9 guy supposed to contacy a 5 ft nothing guy? zero common sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I thought it was a clean check at the wrong time in the game especially after the stupid goalie interference calls (none were interference imo).  CJ as he was walking off the ice between periods simply shook his head at the refs.  Bucyk would not be able to play in this league with that definition of hip check!

Subban charged Marchand later in the game and missed Marchand.  Correct me if I am wrong but charging does not mean you have to hit a player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

evidently shanny thinks it was a clean hit, there certainly would have been word of a hearing by now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Emelin has been dishing those hits all year,  actually all his hockey career.
    This is why he's compared to Kasparaitis.

Just the other night on Stewart

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,835&event=MTL17

Again, reputation makes it look worse

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

That was ABSOLUTELY boarding on Thornton. I was disgusted that the announcers not only condoned that it was a big hit on him but they never ONCE mentioned that it was from behind and clearly boarding. That game was one of the worst officiating displays I've seen since the Vancouver game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

The low hit on Subban was described as a "crushing check" by the lead Habs cheerleader, Olcyzk. "Bad" is an inadequate word for last night's officiating. Abominable is a good place to start.
    Eddie is funny. He has been preaching wait on TT since the Finals. Hold and shoot after Thomas comes out of the crease. None of the players (except Cole) seems to be hearing him. Guess that's why he's not coaching anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I didn't like this Marchand hit.  It was unnecessary.  Kinda like going for a guy's head.  Not really clipping or anything that bad, but I didn't like it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Marchand hit on Emelin: Just a good ol hip check": [QUOTE]            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4gN-MSa20 Shouldn't even be a penalty because it was butt to hip. Refs were bad tonight, same crew as the Vancouver game ? Just tried to control the game way too much, let the teams play. Milbury's fit in between periods on NBC Sports Network was classic and I agreed with him about all the goalie interference calls, just bad. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] I think the one called on Erik Cole was the right call, the others not at all

Sections
Shortcuts