Marchand Hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Marchand Hurt?

In response to DrCC's comment:

Getting Drewski to go on the warpath is an impressive feat.

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Listen to the Doc.  He has your best interest in mind and has a PHd in this stuff.

Colloquialisms in Conversations?  Nah. Smile

You know what Im going to do when I get out of work?  Im going to make a mix drink of Dr Pepper and Canadian Club.

Im going to call it a DrCC, and before I take the first sip, Im going to raise the glass in your honor.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

What is with the last 3 dorks responding to my reaction of Marchand leaving the ice?  What on earth?  What is the problem? I don't think Marchand is replacebale. Heck, I don't think Seidenberg is replaceable.

YOu think Marchand hurt or not playing is a good thing or he's replaceable?  Please learn the game. You need your best players for the playoffs.

The Rangers are very good. Lundquist is a very good goalie. We have trouble scoring. 

We need every single key player healthy. It's bad enough Seidenberg and Ference aren't available.

God forbid someone react honestly with regards to a possible key injury. It does sound like he left the ice for precautionary reasons, so that is good news.

This board is incredibly annoying. You can't even post an honest reaction to a piece of news.

stop posting. constructive criticism of the team is fine and great. irrational hatred of certain bruin players is even fine. but saying a series is over before it started...pathetic. you are pathetic. 

And, you have to be a teenager. No question about it. A figure of speech and Marchand's vital importance to the team with my honest reactiont to that fact is "pathetic"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

And, you have to be a teenager. No question about it. A figure of speech and Marchand's vital importance to the team with my honest reactiont to that fact is "pathetic"?

With more wisdom than an angry old fisherman who cant figure out how to use one of those fancy smart phones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

good news.. NESN

Crisis averted.

Bruins head coach Claude Julien told the media that winger Brad Marchand, who left Thursday’s morning skate “wincing in pain” after what appeared to be an injury, will be playing in Game 1 against the Rangers on Thursday night.

“He’ll be fine. He’ll be out there [Thursday night],” Julien explained.

According to reporters Matt Kalman and Joe McDonald, Marchand was walking under his own power, ”smiling and chirping as usual,” but declined to speak with the media.

BBB

This is good news, Brad is too good of a player to not make an impact in this series. Plus, he is due. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Knob.

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to mattbs' comment:

Doesn't help matters but we have a deep team. if other players play to their abilities we will be fine.

So someone CAN post something that addresses a teams weakness, (in this case possible weakness is marchand not playing), an honest opinion, and wrap the post up with a positive note addressing the teams depth?

Well done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Knob.

Doesn't help matters but we have a deep team. if other players play to their abilities we will be fine.

So someone CAN post something that addresses a teams weakness, (in this case possible weakness is marchand not playing), an honest opinion, and wrap the post up with a positive note addressing the teams depth?

Well done.

I was being dead serious.  Wasnt being a smart alec.  It was a good post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In that case I apoligise... There is so much sarcasm these days.

Knob.

Well done.

I was being dead serious.  Wasnt being a smart alec.  It was a good post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

No worries, it happens!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I knew what you were trying say Davey, I silently applauded it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No please not Daugavins, I can't stand watching him fail away at the puck around the net :facepalm

Edit: http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/bruins-marchand-is-expected-to-play-game-1-despite-apparent-injury/

“Brad is going to be O.K.,” Julien said. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No please not Daugavins, I can't stand watching him fail away at the puck around the net :facepalm

Edit: http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/bruins-marchand-is-expected-to-play-game-1-despite-apparent-injury/

“Brad is going to be O.K.,” Julien said. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”

Let's hope the Marchand of the 2011 playoffs re-emerges starting in round 2. Want to see him potting some goals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

It is wise to avoid figures or speech and colloquialisms when speaking to strangers on a public forum.  People don't necessarily know them, or recognize them through tone.

State what you mean clearly and without personal attacks, and maybe these responses can be avoided.

Matt - take note, seriously it could save you lots of stress and increase your enjoyment here, and decrease the barbs you take. Most people here are reasonable.

Personally, your original comment here, I brushed off as just an expression, but your recent history makes it mean something entirely different to many.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Regarding the original premise of this thread, I think we'll find out after the playoffs that he's been hurt for awhile and sucking it up for the team. Either that or he has a concussion hangover. He just hasn't been himself, not generating much offence at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pierre just asked him about leaving the practice.  He sidestepped it with "I am not really a fan of morning practices."  We'll find out when the season ends what ails him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Pierre just asked him about leaving the practice.  He sidestepped it with "I am not really a fan of morning practices."  We'll find out when the season ends what ails him.

Maybe he was just being honest?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Maybe he was just being honest?

I don't doubt that he dislikes morning practices.  I do doubt that he left game day Cup playoff practice early, wincing in pain, because of that dislike, however.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

In response to NorthernB's comment:

good news.. NESN

Crisis averted.

Bruins head coach Claude Julien told the media that winger Brad Marchand, who left Thursday’s morning skate “wincing in pain” after what appeared to be an injury, will be playing in Game 1 against the Rangers on Thursday night.

“He’ll be fine. He’ll be out there [Thursday night],” Julien explained.

According to reporters Matt Kalman and Joe McDonald, Marchand was walking under his own power, ”smiling and chirping as usual,” but declined to speak with the media.

BBB

This is good news, Brad is too good of a player to not make an impact in this series. Plus, he is due. 

Good call on that one sizzle!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He had a massive breakfast burrito that suddenly and urgently had to exit his lower intestine with 20 miniutes left in practice.  He was doubled over preventing an early and unexpected exit.  He had a bounce in his step and felt quite chipper and 4.71 pounds lighter (he said it felt like 10 lbs.)

Whew!  Good thing or I'm pretty sure the sky would fall and the world would end if he weren't playing tonight and that's putting it mildly.

Marchand lightened by the Sonic super size breakfast burrito allows him to get away for the OT winner.

Sections
Shortcuts