Marchand injury thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: Marchand injury thread

KPD only said that a week is "NHL protocol" about 5 times last week after the Bergeron hit. At this point I could care less about staying above Montreal in the standings, just want the Bruins to be healthy for the playoffs.

Could not agree more. 

[/QUOTE]

Same here, which makes me think, with only 1 point needed to guarantee a playoff spot, will we start to see some unusual scratches in efforts to go into the post season with some fresh(er) legs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

KPD only said that a week is "NHL protocol" about 5 times last week after the Bergeron hit. At this point I could care less about staying above Montreal in the standings, just want the Bruins to be healthy for the playoffs.

I agree about wanting the Bruins to healthy for the playoffs.  However, I think staying ahead of the Habs is also important.  I'd like to see the path to the SCF to be as easy as possible.  Being the one or two seed guarantees that you won't play the Pens until the ECF.

I don't fear the Penguins like allot of hockey fans right now and you have to win on the road to be successful in the SC playoffs. The road through the Eastern Confernce playoffs will go through Pittsburgh if they get past the Rangers anyway. So there is a real good chance the Bs meet them anyways.

This will all be for not if Marchand and Bergeron are not 100% for the playoffs cause the Bruins won't get past Toronto in the 1st round without them.

Either way you have win on the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Major problems for the Bruins 

after Savard 

we now have 3 players with concussions history

Bergeron ...his 4th

Marchand ..his 2nd

Horton......1so far

doesnt look too good......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

after Savard 

Bergeron ...his 4th

Marchand ..his 2nd

Horton......1so far

first off i hadn't heard about another marchand concussion, but dear lord man, horton has had two...BIG ones. you don't remember that little hit in the SCF?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

after Savard 

Bergeron ...his 4th

Marchand ..his 2nd

Horton......1so far

first off i hadn't heard about another marchand concussion, but dear lord man, horton has had two...BIG ones. you don't remember that little hit in the SCF?

Marchand's first concussion was when he got hit by Subban about 2 years ago

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

after Savard 

Bergeron ...his 4th

Marchand ..his 2nd

Horton......1so far

I do remember the hit in the scf but dont remember the 2 nd one ?? But my point is I find that very weird that so many concussions hit our team so badly ..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Wasn't McQuaid concussed as well last year ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

after Savard 

Bergeron ...his 4th

Marchand ..his 2nd

Horton......1so far

I do remember the hit in the scf but dont remember the 2 nd one ?? But my point is I find that very weird that so many concussions hit our team so badly ..

horton came back from that concussion, was the bruins leading goals corer, and at the mid way point of the season got hit by sestitio, which, you know, made him miss the rest of the year...that was last year....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Where are the major advancements in helmet technology?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yep you are right about Horton ...and yes McQuaid also got a concussion...this is terrible for our team ....and a real badluck. I just hope that all our players will be back on time 100% healthy for the playoffs ...I am worried about tonight's game ..NYI are playing well lately and they are in a race for a playoff spot ...lets see how the players will respond without Bergy and March ...and that means Pandolfo will be in the line up ...this is a big MINUS for the BRUINS .... 2 players in the line up tonight that wouldnt crack any other NHL team's roster ..(Thornton & Pandolfo) that is bad news....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

according to tsn, marchand has never had a concussion in the NHL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

according to tsn, marchand has never had a concussion in the NHL.

tell TSN to give me a call ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

tell TSN to give me a call ...

HAHAHAHAHA! Ok?

Also, hasnt McQuaid had like 2 or 3 at this point?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The other Marchand "concussion" was when he got creamed by Subban.  It was never confirmed by the team as a concussion, but many suspected it was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Appropriate you ask that...but I think it goes deeper...shoulder and elbow pads use a harder plastic these days making any direct hits to the head be like running into a wall.

In the old days when guys didn't even wear helmets, the pads were smaller and not as stiff.

This has got to be an equipment difference since players issued harsh shoulder and elbow checks back in the old days as well, without the concussion type impacts of today? On the other hand, maybe we are just more concussion aware now than back then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Appropriate you ask that...but I think it goes deeper...shoulder and elbow pads use a harder plastic these days making any direct hits to the head be like running into a wall.

In the old days when guys didn't even wear helmets, the pads were smaller and not as stiff.

This has got to be an equipment difference since players issued harsh shoulder and elbow checks back in the old days as well, without the concussion type impacts of today? On the other hand, maybe we are just more concussion aware now than back then.

the equipment is part of it. those elbow pads are vicious, but i think it has more to do wtih the fact that the old timers throwing those checks were smaller men doing it at lesser speeds. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FastEddie11. Show FastEddie11's posts

I don't care what anyone says, every single NHL player has had at least a concussion or two over the course of their hockey career. Lets not blow this outta proportion like it's unique for the Bruins, or we're somehow doomed or something. Everything will be fine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

and marchand missed two games...not much of a conky

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Kevin Paul Dupont Twitter concussion out a week but that is his guess.

A week for a concussion? ok.

KPD only said that a week is "NHL protocol" about 5 times last week after the Bergeron hit. At this point I could (insert not) care less about staying above Montreal in the standings, just want the Bruins to be healthy for the playoffs.

That should be the overriding concern every year.

Too many pundits on this board lose sight of this essential fact. Always.

Too many people on this board have gone overboard in the past week wanting to fire this guy, fire that guy. Why don't you just fire a rocket up your butts. Don't ruin the upcoming playoffs with your crying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Every team has at one time or another had concussion related injuries, it is only the past 3 years that the league took it seriously enuf by having protocol rules of symtoms of such, all beginning with any hit to the head is or can be a suspected concussion. The 1st protocol is the player can not return to the game if there is suspicion of such a concussion and then the 1st tests are done to determine if and the degree of a concussion. I think marchand is ok and the results from those tests today will reveal the severity if any and even if its not, its an opportunity to give marchand a rest. Like everyone here, its all about the health of the team now we wanna see.

Doesnt matter who is in the lineup tonight, there experenced bodies that may just be needed when playoff time comes. Every team in the playoffs have an unsung hero, we should remember that from past seasons.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I don't fear the Penguins like allot of hockey fans right now and you have to win on the road to be successful in the SC playoffs. The road through the Eastern Confernce playoffs will go through Pittsburgh if they get past the Rangers anyway. So there is a real good chance the Bs meet them anyways.

This will all be for not if Marchand and Bergeron are not 100% for the playoffs cause the Bruins won't get past Toronto in the 1st round without them.

Either way you have win on the road.

I don't fear the Pens.  I just think the road to the SCF is easier if you don't have to play them until round three.  It would be nice if the Bruins would be able to win the first two rounds in fewer then seven.  I think that Flyers sweep in '11 was huge.  Everybody's hurting come playoff time and getting five or six days off does wonders. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Last week I posted my concern, ala Don Cherry, that both elbow and shoulder pads are too much like concrete in spite of the limited padding on top. These are dangerous weapons when weilded by Volcheko-type players who have zero concern for the health of their opponents. The League must do something positive before a head injury leads to outright death of a player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

after Savard 

Bergeron ...his 4th

Marchand ..his 2nd

Horton......1so far

Didn't Krejci get a concussion in the last few seasons?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Too many people on this board have gone overboard in the past week wanting to fire this guy, fire that guy. Why don't you just fire a rocket up your butts. Don't ruin the upcoming playoffs with your crying.

Fire a rocket up Julien's butt.

Then fire him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Wasn't McQuaid concussed as well last year ?

Not sure but everytime Adam goes into the left corner off of the Bruins net I put my head in my hands and say a quick prayer.

Sections
Shortcuts