Marchand interview talks Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Marchand interview talks Seguin

Brad just about sums it up on a short clip on TSN. "He's a young guy. He likes to have fun."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: Marchand interview talks Seguin

And Marchand doesn't fit that description? Pot calling the kettle black ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

He does fit that description but his partying seems to be reserved for the offseason. No one has ever questioned Marchand's off the ice actions during the season to the best of my knowledge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

True true...I agree with that Rowdy.

I just really wanted to post this photo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

and this one...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

The biggest difference between the two isn't their off-ice party habits, on-ice skills, contracts, age, or country of birth...

The biggest difference is that Marchand battles on the ice and Seguin doesn't. Marchand fights for pucks, absorbs/dishes hits, and plays in all three zones all while displaying world class skill. Seguin just wants to use his world-class skill to skate to the outside and shoot wristers all day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kinda reminds me of the carter richards theme in philly.  Philly hasnt been the same without them.  Meanwhile LA is a powerhouse and won a cup with them.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

He does fit that description but his partying seems to be reserved for the offseason. No one has ever questioned Marchand's off the ice actions during the season to the best of my knowledge.

Rowdy, these guys go into new cities every week.  They dont sit in their rooms playing xbox.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The pics are from the CUP celebration, notfrom anything in season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the only thing relevant from the interview is that Marchand didn't deny that Tyler's partying was perhaps a bit excessive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

And Marchand doesn't fit that description? Pot calling the kettle bla

Marchant didn't say he didn't. You are so quick to throw anyone under the bus..Get a life..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Pairing Marchand and Seguin in this way is just plain silly. Marchand has had to pay his dues at every level, prove himself on and off the ice, and his head is absolutely in the right place during this interview and seemingly this off-season. The full interview w/ Steve Murphy and some context:

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=966548&binId=1.1145518&playlistPageNum=1

• Marchand was participating in a charity event and talked about many issues
    • He talked about trying to relax and get away from the game during the offseason, and the importance of recharging
    • Close to Seguin and sad to see him go, but business...
    • Totally skirted the question about Seguin's partying. Didn't defend him at all. Kept saying he was "young and in a unique situation...young guys like to party...social media....etc.
    • When asked about his own partying, he admitted having fun after the Cup win, but that he realizes what is important, wants a long career and the importance of staying focused. Talked about priorities and not partying as much, staying in shape and being game ready, etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand is no angel, he has that little assault of security guard that got swept under the table.  He is also not very well liked by some of the Halifax Regional Police guys I work integrated with.  He's an arrogant a hole is the words most use. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Kinda reminds me of the carter richards theme in philly.  Philly hasnt been the same without them.  Meanwhile LA is a powerhouse and won a cup with them. 

Phillys goaltending got worse, they lost a minutes-eating great defender in Pronger and there puck possesion time went down. Had Pronger not gotten a concussion and Holmgren addressed their goaltending properly, the Flyers would have been fine without the "party twins".

You can also throw in a rash of injuries to allot of the best forwards on Philly over the past two years. Where as LA had virtually no injuries during their cup run.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

The biggest difference between the two isn't their off-ice party habits, on-ice skills, contracts, age, or country of birth...

The biggest difference is that Marchand battles on the ice and Seguin doesn't. Marchand fights for pucks, absorbs/dishes hits, and plays in all three zones all while displaying world class skill. Seguin just wants to use his world-class skill to skate to the outside and shoot wristers all day.

You mean shoot wristers high or wide all day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I dont really understand why so many make a big deal about seguin being traded or his partying. Who really cares anymore or ever cared for that matter. Seguin is young, so it happens. BUT, Seguin will never be a hitter or be able to beat anyone one on one. His game has gone stale and will be even worse as a center in Dallas. He'll have a lot more responsibility as a center and with that, his +- will take a major hit for the worse. But all any of you will look at, is his points. Im not saying he wont put up numbers, but he'll be on the ice for more goals against than goals scored. Hes a bigger puss than Gretzky was......At least Gretzy got in a few fights.

Some of you have said it....Since he cant beat anyone one on one, he just puts a wrister towards net. Thats what his game has come too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Kinda reminds me of the carter richards theme in philly.   Philly hasnt been the same without them.  Meanwhile LA is a powerhouse and won a cup with them. 

Phillys goaltending got worse, they lost a minutes-eating great defender in Pronger and there puck possesion time went down. Had Pronger not gotten a concussion and Holmgren addressed their goaltending properly, the Flyers would have been fine without the "party twins".

You can also throw in a rash of injuries to allot of the best forwards on Philly over the past two years. Where as LA had virtually no injuries during their cup run.

I love pronger.  But richards was the heart of that team.  They went to the finals that year with an ahl goalie  Pronger was starting to slow down a little.  LA diesnt win the cup without carter and richards.  Both were very good and won a cup together, philly has done diddy and missed the playoffs since.  If you wanna make it a combo of carter, richards and pronger i can live with that.  Pronger and Richards are two of my favorites.  

Heathy teams always win.  They werent completely healthy the year they lost to chicago, van wasnt healthy when we beat them.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Rowdy, these guys go into new cities every week.  They dont sit in their rooms playing xbox.   

No they don't always stay in their rooms and play xbox...They go to dinner and as I witnessed in Edmonton a few years back ( and a few times before that), they go out in gaggles. Lill groups. I saw a group of 4 or 5 then I saw a group of about 5. All dressed nice with skull caps on and collars turned up. I watched them come back both from the game they just played and from dinner ( as I was sitting in the lounge that they have to pass by and not one of them crawled in for a cocktail. I saw the same thing another times when the Blackhawks were staying at this same hotel. Yes. I spend a lot of time in the lounge. You would too if you get 50% off food & beverages !!!!  Not saying they don't. I have sat down with a past NHL'er, Brent Ashton ( from my school) and he said that ya they got out but not as much as people think. If your a drinker, I guess it doesn't matter if your an NHL player or a plumber, your going to drink and party.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

No they don't always stay in their rooms and play xbox...They go to dinner and as I witnessed in Edmonton a few years back ( and a few times before that), they go out in gaggles. Lill groups. I saw a group of 4 or 5 then I saw a group of about 5. All dressed nice with skull caps on and collars turned up. I watched them come back both from the game they just played and from dinner ( as I was sitting in the lounge that they have to pass by and not one of them crawled in for a cocktail. I saw the same thing another times when the Blackhawks were staying at this same hotel. Yes. I spend a lot of time in the lounge. You would too if you get 50% off food & beverages !!!!  Not saying they don't. I have sat down with a past NHL'er, Brent Ashton ( from my school) and he said that ya they got out but not as much as people think. If your a drinker, I guess it doesn't matter if your an NHL player or a plumber, your going to drink and party.

We are talking edmonton though.  And dont get me wrong i love edmonton.  Best hockey city in the world in my eyes.   But i know a few guys one now retired that i am good friends with.  They party hard.  In the summer even worse.  They train like dogs still. But when they go to montreal, la, ny and places like that they go out.   The thing with going out is its a young mans gm.  Then you grow up, get married and have kids.   I stopped drinking as soon as i had a child.  Mainly bc he didnt care if or when i was hungover.  Haha.  

Seguin, marchand, doughty. Simmonds, carter, richards etc etc all known to like the night life.  And who wouldnt.  Amazingly hot girls is the catch, drinking and being rich and being treated like a god in most places makes it even more of a draw.  

A lot of the guys just get expensive call girls bc they are married.  The pro athlete life style is alive and well.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you wanna make it a combo of carter, richards and pronger i can live with that.  Pronger and Richards are two of my favorites.  

They werent completely healthy the year they lost to chicago, van wasnt healthy when we beat them. 

Offensively the Flyers became better because Giroux, Hartnell and Coutirier recieved more icetime that would have went to Richards and Carter. The Flyers proved they were better offensivly by destroying Pittsburg in 2012. Switch LAs goalie into Philly and they could have easily won an SCF.

Carter, Richards and Gagne were healthy in 2010 by the time the SCF rolled around. Which team-players had more surgeries after the 2011 SCF Vancouver or Boston ?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

And Marchand doesn't fit that description? Pot calling the kettle bla

Marchant didn't say he didn't. You are so quick to throw anyone under the bus..Get a life..........

Who? Todd Marchant? I'm not throwing anyone under the bus...I just find it funny and wanted to post those funny pics. I couldnt give two sh1tz about pro athletes partying excessively. I would if I were them. Marchand and Seguin can go nuts deep every night for all I care. 

TBH, the trade had more to do with Seguin fitting like a square peg in a round hole on this team than it was his off ice habits. Marchand two-way game is what the Bs preach hence he is still here.

You get a life... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

If you wanna make it a combo of carter, richards and pronger i can live with that.  Pronger and Richards are two of my favorites.  

They werent completely healthy the year they lost to chicago, van wasnt healthy when we beat them. 

Offensively the Flyers became better because Giroux, Hartnell and Coutirier recieved more icetime that would have went to Richards and Carter. The Flyers proved they were better offensivly by destroying Pittsburg in 2012. Switch LAs goalie into Philly and they could have easily won an SCF.

Carter, Richards and Gagne were healthy in 2010 by the time the SCF rolled around. Which team-players had more surgeries after the 2011 SCF Vancouver or Boston ?

SanDog - You make some solid points but Philly beat Pitt that year mostly because Fleury totally sucked in net. Maybe worst than this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The flyers missed the playoffs and were bumped after round 2 since carter richards left.  carter and richards meanwhile have won a cup and were to the conf final and likely would have won another if they hadnt killed themselves in the st louis series.  Pitt in 6 isnt a big thing.  Had pitt had Quick they likely win the cup.     Last time i checked 80s hockey was over.  More ice time for giroux was something richards wasnt going to stop.   Saying a team should have a Quick style performance would put every team in the scf.   Losing richards and carter very significant.  since 2010 those two have been in 2 finals and one conference final.  they are elite players.  

Sections
Shortcuts