Marchand is getting a phone call on THursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Marchand is getting a phone call on THursday

How many games max can it be

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Re: Marchand is getting a phone call on THursday

I just saw the replay.  Looks pretty obvious.  The puck was right there.  How are the guys wearing stripes keep missing this kind of stuff

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

It will be 5 or less, because the hearing is over the phone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

since it is being conducted over the phone it cannot be over 5 games

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

I Bet 2 games

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

How did I know this would make front page headline news on the TSN website?  haha  If it was any other third liner not on the Bruins, it wouldn't even be news until after the player was actually suspended.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think a suspension is def coming I would guess anywhere from 2-5 games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Brad Marchand has been playing like a punk lately. Someone better sit him down & talk to him. He deserves 2 or 3 games. It was a cheap play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

2 games to set an example; and the video replay from the front view it appears that he was skating to avoid a hit.

if you look at the video 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEG7R9qdS5s

scroll to 1.24 and watch the rest of the video, you see the hit from the front; and in that view the elbow never leaves the frame of the body; in fact looks like he is pulling his elbow in to try not to hit RJ who is skating backwards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand is getting a phone call on THursday:
    Brad Marchand has been playing like a punk lately. Someone better sit him down & talk to him. He deserves 2 or 3 games. It was a cheap play.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Newfie,

I have been saying this for a while now.  I think his reputation from junior is definitely following him. 
    Hopefully a 2 game suspension brings him down a peg.  These types of players move around a lot for a reason.  He has some good skill and speed and has proven he can be a 20 goal guy.  he doesnt need that other crap.  and he has been doing it for a while dating back to junior hockey. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sda52NnvndM&feature=player_embedded

Intent, elbow up Heatley gets two games. Some have argued that Marchand's elbow after initially hitting Umberger in the shoulder barely touches RJ's head. After watching Brad's hit from a reverse angle in slow mo he shouldn't get any games but he will get 2 more than likely because of the message the league wants to send.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

oh well hopefully more playing time for Seguin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sda52NnvndM&feature=player_embedded Intent, elbow up Heatley gets two games. Some have argued that Marchand's elbow after initially hitting Umberger in the shoulder barely touches RJ's head. After watching Brad's hit from a reverse angle in slow mo he shouldn't get any games but he will get 2 more than likely because of the message the league wants to send.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Marchand should 0-1 games if Heatley got 2. I see a 5 game suspension coming though. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I've been saying that Marchand needs to sit a game anyway. I don't think there was any intent here and, unlike the Heatley hit, there was no penalty. But, the league may be looking to punish the Bruins for the whole Chara incident (and, of course, to send a message about head hits.) I think 2 games but wouldn't be surprised at 5.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree with kelvana 33 give the kid some serious ice time. Seguin Bergy Peverly during Marchand suspension time. Call up caron for 2 gms. sit Ryder.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Seguin Bergy Peverly
    Paille Kelly Rechhi
    Caron Camp. Thorn

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Brick really blew this one -- ultimate homerism -- "Not much of a hit -- good non-call"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Brick really blew this one -- ultimate homerism -- "Not much of a hit -- good non-call"
    Posted by zamboni24

He's a buffoon. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

It's a joke. Marchand hits his back and rides up to hit his head. The refs watch it in real time; no call. NO suspension for a hockey hit. Boychuk was nailed in the head earlier in the game in front of the B's net..no calll..no league intervention..play on!! Next years uniforms will be skirts and pom-poms if the whiners keep this up. NEWS FLASH: YOU CAN GET HURT PLAYING HOCKEY!!! whether it's intentional or not! If you want to cry about it don't get on the ice Umberger!!  He has no concussion, he play very well the rest of the game, has no lingering  effects... it's hockey you wuss, game on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

The WUSSIFICATION of hockey!!!!  Unbelievable, this is hockey folks.  If Marchand is suspended this game is going right down the drain.  Unfreakinbelievable!  It's HOCKEY and it's a dangerous and violent game if you can't handle it go watch basketball or golf.  What a flippin joke!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Sparky, you are the only true hockey fan I have seen on here.  Agree with you post 110%, well done.

It's a joke. Marchand hits his back and rides up to hit his head. The refs watch it in real time; no call. NO suspension for a hockey hit. Boychuk was nailed in the head earlier in the game in front of the B's net..no calll..no league intervention..play on!! Next years uniforms will be skirts and pom-poms if the whiners keep this up. NEWS FLASH: YOU CAN GET HURT PLAYING HOCKEY!!! whether it's intentional or not! If you want to cry about it don't get on the ice Umberger!!  He has no concussion, he play very well the rest of the game, has no lingering  effects... it's hockey you wuss, game on.
    Posted by sparky1313

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

If you agree the Marchand hit was dirty and agree the Chara hit was dirty you are a little school girl. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

If you agree the Marchand hit was dirty and agree the Chara hit was dirty you are a little school girl. 
    Posted by dbag0991222

Or a Montreal fan....oh wait; same thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

2 games for Marchand

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/#!/NHLBruins

Marchand has been suspended for 2 games.^BISH

Sections
Shortcuts