Marchand Next One Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re: Marchand Next One Out

Marchand is not going anywhere. He is strong on the puck, has great skill, is tough, and apparently keeps his nose and his room relatively clean. He also has a history of stepping up in big moments. That probably gives him 2 more years of grace period (meaning reduced playoff productivity if that happens again) before management would consider moving him.

Marshy has other player's backs. Seguin didn't have that and kind of seemed like an annoying kid brother at times. I say this as an early fan of his. He just wasn't trending well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not a chance.  You're just mad you don't have a picture with him and the cup or a back channel to chat with his parents.

Lucic and Marchand are going nowhere, and apparently Krejci and Begeron aren't going anywhere either.

Shupe's Rask vendetta is making him sound like Stanley.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Not a chance.  You're just mad you don't have a picture with him and the cup or a back channel to chat with his parents.

Lucic and Marchand are going nowhere, and apparently Krejci and Begeron aren't going anywhere either.

Shupe's Rask vendetta is making him sound like Stanley.

I was seeing the similarities too but didn't want to be the first one to say it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Marchand is going no where.  It would not be far fetched for a compliance buyout of Chara after 2013-14.   The Bs are allowed 2 and have many young Dmen coming up.  It would be similar to the Vinny dump and give them much Cap flexibility.  

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

Luc, I personally think that there is zero chance of Chara being bought out. I think the Bolts are crazy for buying out Vinny only to turn around and give Fiipula 5 per to replace him. Going by league interest, it would appear as if Vinny is still judged to be worth 4.5 million. They could've at least waited another year like NYR are doing with Richards. 

May Matt Cooke win the Lady Byng before this ever happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're just mad you don't have a picture with him and the cup or a back channel to chat with his parents.

The chance meetings with Paul and Jackie at the Saturday garage sales will not have as much interest on BDC from now on.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

Marchand will be here for a long time.. now Lucic... he can go anytime ... 

[/QUOTE]

When I talk to fans from other teams Lucic's name usually comes up as a player they wished they had on thier team.

He is a special talent. 

Intimidation still is a big part of hockey. He does it in many ways. 

Getting rid of Lucic at anytime ? PC knows better then that. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My guess would be that a defenseman is next.

After all, the organization is loaded with defenseman now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

hmm time will tell.. I was spot on with Seguin when everyone was ecstatic about the next  Boston superstar .. If lucic isn't moved.. I think he will be on a very short leash to produce next year.. and not just  with his intimidation.

[/QUOTE]

True story.....

.....I actually took you off ignore today....so as far as you having "spot on" comments........ I must have disagreed in the past with them.

Your Lucic short leash comments have me thinking ...........what did I just do ? 

Apologies readsocks'.....but I don't think you know hockey very well. No malice intended ........more of on the lines of being "spot on" with recognizing bad hockey opinions.

More then likely, every team in the NHL is envious of the Bruins having Lucic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

My guess would be that a defenseman is next.

After all, the organization is loaded with defenseman now.

Actually, Badhab, you are on the right track.

Marchand and a defenseman will likely be the package.

Also, apparently, Todd Bertuzzi will become available. Look for PC to make overtures to the Bertuzzi camp - depth move.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Luc, I personally think that there is zero chance of Chara being bought out. 

May Matt Cooke win the Lady Byng before this ever happens.[/QUOTE]

Throw in the Pope getting a hickey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wheat, I this is your worst thought I've ever seen posted.

No, they aren't moving Marchand or Lucic.

They aren't part of the problem.  And you know the problem I'm talking about.  The one where the team gets to Game 6 of the Cup finals two out of three years.

Y'all gonna make me lose my mind.

Up in here.

Up in here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sorry, wheats, but you've been eating some bad gnocchi or something.  Marchand's going nowhere - sweet, sweet deal for your leading scorer to be paid $4.5M for the next four years.  You couldn't improve performance at the 2nd line wing spot for less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Gentlemen. You know things can change at anytime.

And one thing is for sure - things will change.

So, it's always best to keep an open mind.

The minute you think everything is fine and dandy - bang, right between the eyes - things change right away. Ask Tyler?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

The minute you think everything is fine and dandy - bang, right between the eyes - things change right away. Ask Tyler?

Seguin received repeated requests to F OFF.  He refused and got shipped.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

wheat whats going on with you? Marchand isn't getting moved. he's part of the core they need to protect. and Smith is not the next chris kelly. 

I think a defensemen being next (if it isn't kelly) is probably along the right track. In my opinion there are four candidates. In order. 1. Boychuk 2. Seidenberg (if and only if they decide that he has regressed too much, and want to upgrade the number 2 d man position) 3. McQuaid 4. Krug (sell high)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This must be wheats "stupid talk" alias! I think Stanley possesed Shupe. Stupidity at it's finest! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Wheat, in case you haven't noticed Stanley-type predictions gets a person zero respect around here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Who played their last Game as a Bruin?

posted at 6/25/2013 8:58 AM EDT

• Don-Bruino
    • First: 3/21/2013
    • Last: 7/6/2013

For sure:  Ference, Jagr, Horton, Peverley, Khudobin, Caron

Wouldn't surprise me:  Seidenberg, Kelly.

Longshots:  Lucic and Seguin (for blockbusters only)

Onward and Upward in 2013-14:  Hamilton, Soderberg, Krug

Theme for 2013-14:  The need for speed.

Update:

Now that The Tyler blockbuster has gone down and we have Louis Ericksson in the fold; seeing that he is a left winger; and he being slotted to right wing:

Don't be surprised to see Marchand or Lucic (will take another blockbuster for Milan) to be moved.

My bet is Marchand.

Lucic will never go he was beast in the SC finals. Lets hope Milan will stay in shape for next season. Marchand will be the weasel next season, Bergy will be healthy and Erikson is a consistent 25 to 30 goal scorer ( who knows what Lou can score with bergy setting up and Marchand puck skills, if Erikson can get in scoring position and release quick he will be popping in goals). I am assuming Lou may be the 2nd line RW.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Wheat, in case you haven't noticed Stanley-type predictions gets a person zero respect around here.

I'm even less a fan of those who create threads to pat themselves on the back everytime something they said comes true. If you say something interesting and intelligent then someone else will let you know. Just as when you say something stupid, everyone will let you know. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Dearest Godfather Loui Eriksson is a right winger.

Check again, Kelv.  The Don is rarely wrong.

He's played both, and now that he's on the Bruins he is a right wing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dearest Godfather Loui Eriksson is a right winger.

Check again, Kelv.  The Don is rarely wrong.

He's played both, and now that he's on the Bruins he is a right wing.

Playing the off wing is easy for any player that's comfortable receiving passes on the backhand side of their blade. Other than that, it should create better scoring opportunities because you come into the zone with the puck towards the slot if you've got it on your forehand. Far better shooting angle. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Chowda, it's not a prediction. It's a predicament. And you others jump to conclusions without reading and trying to comprehend what has been written.

PC has put himself a position where he can't afford to have Ericksson fail. That will mean a move back to left wing will be necessary. And then we will likely see one or the other (Marchand or Lucic) moved to facilitate this.

PC could wind up in a position where he will see this as a way to save his job.

I know I'm thinking too far ahead, but I am not the type that waits for scenarios to happen. I plan ahead (must be my accounting background).

Another scenario could be that Ericksson takes to the right like a duck to water and scores 40 in each of the next three years - that would be ideal.

Sections
Shortcuts