Marchand Next One Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Marchand Next One Out

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Playing the off wing is easy for any player that's comfortable receiving passes on the backhand side of their blade. Other than that, it should create better scoring opportunities because you come into the zone with the puck towards the slot if you've got it on your forehand. Far better shooting angle. 

I can't receive passes on my backhand all that great, but giving passes and having my back to the play is what I don't like more than that.  Shooting on your offwing is a blast, sooo much easier for one timers on your off wing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

My guess would be that a defenseman is next.

After all, the organization is loaded with defenseman now.

Have to agree with that... Seidenberg / Boychuck  are an almost $7m cap hit the Bruins can no longer afford...you have to keep one...not both... Personally , I am not a fan of Boychuck , I think he is horrible in his own end and makes way to much money... Use that to get a winger for the third line , which is still a concern.... Damien Brunner, Mason Raymond, even Dustin Penner who are still unsigned , one of these would be welcome addition to the Bruins....

I am starting to like the moves PC has started in re shaping this team , not only for the here and now , but for future success..hope there is more to come?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Chowda, it's not a prediction. It's a predicament. And you others jump to conclusions without reading and trying to comprehend what has been written.

PC has put himself a position where he can't afford to have Ericksson fail. That will mean a move back to left wing will be necessary. And then we will likely see one or the other (Marchand or Lucic) moved to facilitate this.

PC could wind up in a position where he will see this as a way to save his job.

I know I'm thinking too far ahead, but I am not the type that waits for scenarios to happen. I plan ahead (must be my accounting background).

Another scenario could be that Ericksson takes to the right like a duck to water and scores 40 in each of the next three years - that would be ideal.

[/QUOTE]

How is it a predicament ?

Eriksson has played RW and has done a pretty damn good job of doing it.  Apparently, you don't get that or refuse to acknowledge it.

If any type of failure occurs with his play it won't be because of the position he's playing, it will be because of his performance level.

Did Julien switch the left handed shooting RW Jagr to the left side because of his inability to score in the playoffs ? No, because what position he played had nothing to do with failing to score. He has played that position since his mullet days and scored a ton of goals.

P.S. Your scenarios sure as hell sounds like predicting the future to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Have to agree with that... Seidenberg / Boychuck  are an almost $7m cap hit the Bruins can no longer afford...you have to keep one...not both...  [/QUOTE]

If next summer the cap only goes up $2M then yes PC has to make a choice between Seidenberg and Boychuk. If it goes up $4M then he might keep both. Krug's, Hamilton and Barkowski's success might make departures quicker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 8h

Eriksson said he's played both the left & right side, but he likes playing on the right, "so that will be a good fit for me" ^CS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Marchand aint going anywhere. He plays such a vital role on this team. Especially his penalty killing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Apparently KPD is channelling wheats - tweeted he wouldn't be surprised to see Marchand or Kelly go. 

I still say it's pretty stupid to deal a guy like Marchand who is on a very very team friendly deal for what he brings to the table.  It isn't 4H club.  You can have some 24H party people.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would say that the fact that Seguin and Horton are gone, not Marchand, is an almost airtight testiment to that fact that the Bruins have made their choices and want Marchand around.  I still see no reason to think that they are planning to unload more top 6 forwards.  

The storm is over.  What's there now is there for a reason.  Iginla is there for one year.  Marchand is sticking around.

And I have seen many accounts of Eriksson saying how comfortable he is on the RW and is looking forward to being there.  He has been a guy who plays either wing his whole career, just has more experience on the left so far. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Apparently KPD is channelling wheats - tweeted he wouldn't be surprised to see Marchand or Kelly go. 

I still say it's pretty stupid to deal a guy like Marchand who is on a very very team friendly deal for what he brings to the table.  It isn't 4H club.  You can have some 24H party people.

It always depends on the return but I agree. He is a pest with talent.  A lot of the reason for the Bruins success is that they have had a good combination of skill and sandpaper.  He brings both as do guys like Lucic, Chara and Boychuk.  They have already lost Ference who I think brought some of both as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I would say that the fact that Seguin and Horton are gone, not Marchand, is an almost airtight testiment to that fact that the Bruins have made their choices and want Marchand around.  I still see no reason to think that they are planning to unload more top 6 forwards.  

The storm is over.  What's there now is there for a reason.  Iginla is there for one year.  Marchand is sticking around.

And I have seen many accounts of Eriksson saying how comfortable he is on the RW and is looking forward to being there.  He has been a guy who plays either wing his whole career, just has more experience on the left so far. 

Agreed Fletch.  It's been a tumultuous few days leading up to July 1.  PC's reshaped the Bruins because in his view they needed it.  He had plans for the roster and Marchand's abilities fit into those plans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I think Marchand stays for reasons most of you have mentioned. Great bang for the buck- can't replace him at that $$ and the weak spots in the roster that you could fill by trading him wouldn't make up for the bigger hole at left wing with Marchand gone. The Bruins have a window that is closing so they want to win now but they won't make the mistakes the Leafs(Fergusonjr.) made and overpay everyone to keep them around to take another shot, then another and  . . . . cap hell. I like Red's idea- go with this roster and let the kids, yeti, et.al fight it out for the last spots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

It would not be far fetched for a compliance buyout of Chara after 2013-14.

That sounds terrible. But honestly at age 37 after next season with 4 yrs and 25Mil + remaining, I guess it is possible.  It would take an epic decline this season for them to consider such a move in my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Will not happen. The Don has joined the troll guesswork on this. Chiarelli has adjusted very well and improved this team first and second lines solid. Third line of Paille, Kelly,  could be adjusted since Soderberg is a center. Campbell needs to recover from his broken leg. With the comments we've read on Morrow and Fraser, they both might make the team, although morrow may need a year in Prov. to understand/learn Claude's expectations for a defenseman. Hopefully this is the season they make Thornton a full-time P.R. guy and give Fraser and possibly Spooner a shot. Training camp should be fun. I too would like to see Boychuck replaced by someone with more smarts. Both krug and Hamilton's wristers are much more accurate than Boychuck's slapper, and their ice awareness [ add in Bartkowski] is more consistent. If Morrow is as good as our bloggers say, Providence also will benefit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

They're talking about it on The Sports Hub right now.  KPD tweeted that Marchand isn't one of the seven core players.  I think that he named the seven core guys as:

Chara

Rask

Bergeron

Lucic

Krejci

Seidenberg

Eriksson

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I think P.C. must have been partying too hard after trading seguin, because the man is clearly drunk.

This would be an awful move.

Marchand is a core member of the bruins, and a consistent contributer. DO NOT TRADE HIM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

It appears that Don was on to something here because it is now being reported that both Marchand and Kelly are both being shopped.

http://titletownsportsnetwork.com/2013/07/09/bruins-shopping-brad-marchand-and-chris-kelly/

If this does come to pass, then I guess we can officially say that the Bruins decided to rebuild a team that was 2 games away from winning a Cup...interesting stuff, but it would all come down to who was acquired in the deals for these guys that would dictate if the team is closer or further from winning another Cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Marchand's pretty quick -- we need all the speed we can get right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Have to agree with that... Seidenberg / Boychuck  are an almost $7m cap hit the Bruins can no longer afford...you have to keep one...not both... 

[/QUOTE]
    Am I the only one who isn't entirely comfortable with Hamilton/Krug/Bartkowski as the Bruins 5/6/7 D? Yeah they played well in the playoffs but sometimes rookies play well for a spurt and come back to earth. Add in a couple injuries to the defense next season and....

As far as Boychuk and Seidenbergs cap hits: After looking around on CapGeek at other defensemens salaries, I would conclude that Seids is a steal and Boychuk is on target. Also, the Bruins pay very little for their defense compared to other teams.

I think if any D is traded, it will be Krug or Bartkowski while their stock is high, a la Kampfer, Hunwick (remember his scoring breakout when he was called up? Hows he doing now?).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

That sounds terrible. But honestly at age 37 after next season with 4 yrs and 25Mil + remaining, I guess it is possible.  It would take an epic decline this season for them to consider such a move in my opinion.

True, Ricky.  Still, the way this guy keeps himself in shape I doubt we'd be surprised if he played until he was 40 and maintained a certain level of performance expected of him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

[QUOTE]

True, Ricky.  Still, the way this guy keeps himself in shape I doubt we'd be surprised if he played until he was 40 and maintained a certain level of performance expected of him. 

[/QUOTE]

If Chelios can do it i'm sure Chara can, they are both workout fiends.

Sections
Shortcuts