Marchand on his way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Marchand on his way?

Is Marchand his way to finding his game or finding his way out of town?

It may be unfair to judge too many of the Rookies yet as they have not had a chance to develop on a balanced team. They are the entire team right now. We are at least getting to see who will stick later...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Marchand on his way?

Impossible to know. that said, I am sure PC would not lose any sleep dealing him if the right offer came around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I think its ridiculous that anyone should be thinking Marchand is gonna get traded. Could it happen, yes, but cmon the guy has a subpar year, which isnt unnatural in hockey. The B's would be stupid to unload him. He's a great talent and will bounce back. Chirelli knows whats up and wont make a harsh decision, just because of one half of a season, when he has been consistent for most of his career. Id hate to see him go and I know everyone has a price, but to give up on him is just dumb. Hes still one of my favorite players, good or bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Is it that Marchand had a season or 2 of success because he played his heart out and did what he had to do to get the big payday and now thinks he can just float, put in an ok game ?

There is seriously something holding him back, if his attitude off the ice is the same as on the ice, then i dont think he cares. His game is slower, his skating is, twisting and turning is worse, he falls alot, loses the puck alot. Hes suppose to be a veteran leader and hes not. Many have critisized Eriksson who has the same amount of points as Marchand in 10 fewer games. I do beleive hes playing his way out of town, and yes PC will be patient, id rather see the old Marchand playing than the one I have seen so far this season. He just doesnt have that will to wanna be better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Im honestly getting sick of him. We've all seen how talented he is, but he doesnt even seem like he is trying sometimes. I dont understand him this season. The dirty hits.The lack of finish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Impossible to know. that said, I am sure PC would not lose any sleep dealing him if the right offer came around.

Ahh man don't compare him to the Bieber.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The man is a turnover machine this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him, nor would I feel huge regret. Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery, and if the right offer comes along and they perhaps put an offer in based on years past production (or closer to it), then I'd be OK with it. I definitely don't want to see him get shipped away for peanuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The only way I would accept to trade Brad is if it would involved one of the following player Valeri Nichuskin, Ryan Johansen or Evander Kane

dont ever forget that Brad is a beast and a s.....t  disturber in the playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I don't think he would be shipped off for peanuts but realistically not going to get a superstar for him either with his play. Not unless you bundle him up with a Caron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:

I don't think he would be shipped off for peanuts but realistically not going to get a superstar for him either with his play. Not unless you bundle him up with a Caron.

And Cross.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Can't trade him now unless Burke is willing to send over some high picks from Calgary. Getting rid of him doesn't make sense when his value is near its low point. He had one good playoff run during the Cup year, but his last two playoffs weren't outstanding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I aleady mentioned Hudler, love to see a package for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I aleady mentioned Hudler, love to see a package for him.

I like Hudler as well....but if the B's are even considering a trade. I'd much rather they used Brad in a deal to get Kane! If Calgary is in rebuild & the B's don't have Erikkson back for the play-offs? I'd rather PC use a Spooner type in a deal to grab a Hudler, or a Glencross, or heck even Camalari would be a nice rental IF Erikkson, or another top 6 is on the mend. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

Can't trade him now unless Burke is willing to send over some high picks from Calgary. Getting rid of him doesn't make sense when his value is near its low point. He had one good playoff run during the Cup year, but his last two playoffs weren't outstanding.

He was better last year than 2012 & I think even last year where Brad didn't score, Bergeron did. So that to me is a wash. He set Bergeron up a lot for some of his historic goals. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/12/18/andy-brickley-on-mm-brad-marchand-overthinking-it-right-now/

Brickley's take this morning on Marchand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Okay Sandog I see his point but to me this looks a bit different then the Lucic or other players in a slump. It is not a matter of conditioning, strength or skill. It is a behavioral thing. An unwillingness to engage properly and stay focused. You cannot dismiss that and have to ask WHY?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Might be an issue like it was with the 3rd line last year. Erikssson is new, needs time for him and his linemates to get used to each other but the progress seems to hit a wall since he's missed time due to being hit in the head. Marchands numbers are down, but more worrisome is that his chances seem to be significantly down, and I'd say the same about Bergeron.

Hopefully Eriksson can come back soon, that line can get some stability and all 3 can get soem chemistry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The Noseface Killa is only 25... still so much left in him... Don't give up now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont think its giving up but more so as in getting a better needed replaement while he has some value and to be honest, is Marchands style really Bs style ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No he's not. Yes he is not playing as well as he can, but that leads to "coaching" not trading. Chiarelli did imply that there will be some action when he told Miller the next time up could be permanent. thay have no clue as to Eriksson's return, or his performance when he returns, and even with Spooner's skills he is not as effective as Kelly in that third line slot. Campbell/Cunningham/Caron as an agitating line were quite effective, but it looks like they want Fraser with Spooner and Soderberg as "sweethands" did not seem to fit well. It's quite a balancing act until McQ or Hamilton return, and Washofsky and Krug are both quick, but small

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

No he's not. Yes he is not playing as well as he can, but that leads to "coaching" not trading. Chiarelli did imply that there will be some action when he told Miller the next time up could be permanent. thay have no clue as to Eriksson's return, or his performance when he returns, and even with Spooner's skills he is not as effective as Kelly in that third line slot. Campbell/Cunningham/Caron as an agitating line were quite effective, but it looks like they want Fraser with Spooner and Soderberg as "sweethands" did not seem to fit well. It's quite a balancing act until McQ or Hamilton return, and Washofsky and Krug are both quick, but small

McQuaid might be back as early as this weekend....maybe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:

Okay Sandog I see his point but to me this looks a bit different then the Lucic or other players in a slump. It is not a matter of conditioning, strength or skill. It is a behavioral thing. An unwillingness to engage properly and stay focused. You cannot dismiss that and have to ask WHY?

When Bergeron's game picks up Marchand's will and vice versa. Niether are at the top of their games but once one does start clicking the other will produce, like where used too. Those two need each other big time. They both are getting clobbered during one on one battles.

Marchand has anit-puck spray on his stick blade right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I'd give him a bit more time before any decision was made to trade him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

It's not that he's not scoring at a clip we want. It's the fact that he's making way too many stupid decisions with the puck. He continues to turn it over in some bad spots. A couple goals should build his confidence. If he does go, Kane better be coming here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Chiarelli: 'I'm not trying to trade Marchy'

Sections
Shortcuts