Marchand or agent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Marchand or agent?

In Response to Re: Marchand or agent?:
    [QUOTE]Bringing up another unsigned young RFA in a conversation about a player being an unsigned RFA is hardly irrelevant.  Strange that you are unable to make that connection. In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? :
    Posted by OatesCam[

I guess TSN and Sportsnet in Canada missed the memo about not lumping Marchand's name in with Doughty and Schenn's as key RFA's that are unsigned for their teams.

And in no way are they saying that Marchand is as good as these players . What is being said is he brings an element to the Bruins that is valuable which makes him a key RFA for the Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

The more time goes by, the more Marchand is looking like the 2nd coming of Kessel...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]The more time goes by, the more Marchand is looking like the 2nd coming of Kessel...
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]

You need only one more post and then you will be heard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : You need only one more post and then you will be heard.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yes..quickly...post the forecast for tomorrow then you will be suddenly smart and relevant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think that he meant he'd hit 100 posts. haha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Adding Doughty to a Marchand conversation is as relevant as adding Aurel Joliet.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence that they are both represented by Don Meehan's Newport Sports Group?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]The more time goes by, the more Marchand is looking like the 2nd coming of Kessel...

Agreed.

If its true the B's are offering 2 mill a year, but BM want 4, then that is just crazy for BM to think he will get that. Even if his stats do warrant it. He should expect 2.5-3 mill a year. As has been agreed upon by all of us on this board. NO WAY they give him 4 and if he keeps up with that amount, Im all for trading him..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I think that he meant he'd hit 100 posts. haha
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm really doesn't play well on a message board.  You'd think I haven't learned this 100 times over. 
    I was being sarcastic, playing on the ridiculousness of someone needed to post 100 times to be considered relevant.
    I thought that was what Chowda was doing so I was piling on. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS is not right because he said they have nothing in common.  I am right because I said what they have in common is they are young RFA's. I was simply stating that it's a poor way to build a franchise if you trade players every time they try to get as much money as they can.  It's not a unique situation, there are other players without arbitration rights around the league trying to get more money the only way they can.  Marchand isn't some awful team wrecker for doing this.  You shouldn't deal a player for that reason, but only if the trade would make your team better.  NAS seems to follow my posts with unsupported, unnecessary derogatory comments.  Not quite sure why, perhaps to make himself feel intelligent? In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I know they have a lot of things in common.  They are both men.  Neither can breathe under water.  Neither can fly.  They both play hockey.  They are both without a contract.

The problem is that one is a Norris Trophy finalist and the other is a second/third line pest. 

OatesCam, I don't follow you around.  Please don't think that I do.  If you feel I am always opposing your posts, it is because I disagree with them, not with you as a person.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : [QUOTE]Bringing up another unsigned young RFA in a conversation about a player being an unsigned RFA is hardly irrelevant.  Strange that you are unable to make that connection. In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Posted by OatesCam[ I guess TSN and Sportsnet in Canada missed the memo about not lumping Marchand's name in with Doughty and Schenn's as key RFA's that are unsigned for their teams. And in no way are they saying that Marchand is as good as these players . What is being said is he brings an element to the Bruins that is valuable which makes him a key RFA for the Bruins.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Marchand is the key RFA for Boston.  He's also the only one.  In a conversation about restricted free agents, of course both names will come up.  However, that's not what started this tangent.  This is:

"Doughty hasn't signed yet.  Should the Kings be looking to trade him?  Some team out there could pick up some good players traded under pressure if the Kings and Bruins followed that strategy."

Doughty and Marchand are very different in terms of skill and important to their teams, and therefore they should (and will be) treated very differently.  What the Kings do with Doughty and what the B's do with Marchand are unrelated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]NAS is not right because he said they have nothing in common.  I am right because I said what they have in common is they are young RFA's. I was simply stating that it's a poor way to build a franchise if you trade players every time they try to get as much money as they can.  It's not a unique situation, there are other players without arbitration rights around the league trying to get more money the only way they can.  Marchand isn't some awful team wrecker for doing this.  You shouldn't deal a player for that reason, but only if the trade would make your team better.  NAS seems to follow my posts with unsupported, unnecessary derogatory comments.  Not quite sure why, perhaps to make himself feel intelligent? In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Actually, the NHL GMs today need to think the opposite.  You shall not give a contract to a player that exceeds the general thread of contracts existing on the present team.  In other words, Marchand is playing one year with excellent results but is demanding more beyond the existing contracts on the Bs team, witness the longivity of these negotiation talks.  BTW NAS and I have had many disagreements on these boards.  His remarks are generally short and cryptic.  Yet, move beyond the condescending demeanor, he has a good understand of the topics.  He unfortunately has blogging "road rage" at times.  Cheers to Oates btw, I always read your comments.  You are one of the better posters on here.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Is it a coincidence that they are both represented by Don Meehan's Newport Sports Group?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Now that is interesting!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Thanks for the positive comment.  There are several of you on here that are great hockey talkers, I had creeped the boards for quite a while before signing up last year for that reason.  I include N-a-S among you, but there have been several times now when he has attempted to pick a secondary detail out of a post of mine for no other reason than to discredit.  I find it somewhat confusing and annoying because in each case it had little to do with a discussion or proving a point, the remark was mostly invalid, and I believe I may have even been in agreement with whatever he had posted. In any case I certainly am not in favour of giving Marchand an inflated contract.  I think with his skill and dedication he will likely be worth whatever he's paid, but I want PC to get him as cheap as possible.  There is also the risk with his personality that his year of success will go to his head and he'll become a Denis Rodman sideshow type.  He is the first to admit he needed to be reigned in by guys like Recchi frequently.  A shorter, moderate contract is probably best.  I just don't think you should trade a guy because he holds out unless what is being offered actually makes the team better.  If not, just let him sit.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Actually, the NHL GMs today need to think the opposite.  You shall not give a contract to a player that exceeds the general thread of contracts existing on the present team.  In other words, Marchand is playing one year with excellent results but is demanding more beyond the existing contracts on the Bs team, witness the longivity of these negotiation talks.  BTW NAS and I have had many disagreements on these boards.  His remarks are generally short and cryptic.  Yet, move beyond the condescending demeanor, he has a good understand of the topics.  He unfortunately has blogging "road rage" at times.  Cheers to Oates btw, I always read your comments.  You are one of the better posters on here.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Marchand is the key RFA for Boston.  He's also the only one.  In a conversation about restricted free agents, of course both names will come up.  However, that's not what started this tangent.  This is: "Doughty hasn't signed yet.  Should the Kings be looking to trade him?  Some team out there could pick up some good players traded under pressure if the Kings and Bruins followed that strategy." Doughty and Marchand are very different in terms of skill and important to their teams, and therefore they should (and will be) treated very differently.  What the Kings do with Doughty and what the B's do with Marchand are unrelated.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And I wasn't responding to none of the above.

This and only this.

NAS is not right because he said they have nothing in common.  I am right because I said what they have in common is they are young RFA's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If Marchand is the second coming of Phil kessel then i expect 40 plus goals this year.

how does Kessel make it into this thread?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : If Marchand is the second coming of Phil kessel then i expect 40 plus goals this year. how does Kessel make it into this thread?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Because of the similarities in their contract "negotiations". Besides, when did Kessel ever score 40+ goals? Pretty sure 36 was his carreer high (while playing with one of the best playmakers in the league).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Because of the similarities in their contract "negotiations". Besides, when did Kessel ever score 40+ goals? Pretty sure 36 was his carreer high (while playing with one of the best playmakers in the league).

WOOOOOOOOOOOO ! 100 posts. Your best to date !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : Because of the similarities in their contract "negotiations". Besides, when did Kessel ever score 40+ goals? Pretty sure 36 was his carreer high (while playing with one of the best playmakers in the league).

I know where you coming from, but I don't agree with this.. People forget the Kessel negotiations weren't as long, as they were relatively ugly.  He publicly said he and his agent were no longer negotiating with the bruins, and was talking about playing in other markets.  BM (and maybe i missed a recent development) has actually been a great company man, saying he wants to return, things will get done, and hes not really involved..

He's trying to get paid for a short term performance, and ultimately the teams success from last season, he was also the top selling jersey out of the proshop, maybe they are trying to push that into negotiations as well.. But till he says hes done talking to the bruins, I won't lump him in with kessel..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : I know where you coming from, but I don't agree with this.. People forget the Kessel negotiations weren't as long, as they were relatively ugly.  He publicly said he and his agent were no longer negotiating with the bruins, and was talking about playing in other markets.  BM (and maybe i missed a recent development) has actually been a great company man, saying he wants to return, things will get done, and hes not really involved.. He's trying to get paid for a short term performance, and ultimately the teams success from last season, he was also the top selling jersey out of the proshop, maybe they are trying to push that into negotiations as well.. But till he says hes done talking to the bruins, I won't lump him in with kessel..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

You make a good point, he has been saying all the right things. I just don't get the impression he's that much of a team player as he likes to project, but that's just the feeling I get. I read a while back (somewhere on these boards) that his family is loaded so maybe he feels he's entitled to more money or something... That just stuck with me since I read it and the more I think about it I can't help but think the guy just thinks he's worth a lot more than he actually is... I hope they sign him but wouldn't be surprised if the end up trading him for a 2nd rounder or prospect... Things are looking good either way, Caron should fill his spot nicely if things don't work out with him and the Bruins

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : You make a good point, he has been saying all the right things. I just don't get the impression he's that much of a team player as he likes to project, but that's just the feeling I get. I read a while back (somewhere on these boards) that his family is loaded so maybe he feels he's entitled to more money or something... That just stuck with me since I read it and the more I think about it I can't help but think the guy just thinks he's worth a lot more than he actually is... I hope they sign him but wouldn't be surprised if the end up trading him for a 2nd rounder or prospect... Things are looking good either way, Caron should fill his spot nicely if things don't work out with him and the Bruins

I think its less of that, and more to do with the over value of players coming off winning a cup.. From his side, 20 g scorers, with cup experience and "proven play off performance"..

From the Bruins side, how many guys put upa  solid year, a good play off, etc try to cash out.. He's got 1 season on the books, and wants to be paid for winning a stanley cup..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

huge difference, Kessel did not want to be here. And I never said he scored 40, I said i expect 40. You'll figure it out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand or agent? : huge difference, Kessel did not want to be here. And I never said he scored 40, I said i expect 40. You'll figure it out.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I think the point on when did kessel score 40 is still pretty valid, unless your saying you expect 40 from PK this season?? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

I can understand the agent when Ville Leino gets 6 years 27 mill or something like that, that BM is worth more than the Bs are offering right now. if about 2 mill is correct.
    The kid is a sparkplug we need in the room, seems to enjoy Boston and PC wants to keep him. 
    This deal will get done.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

So I guess Marchand took the Friday deadline seriously! I`m happy he signed so we could now defend and possibly win the cup again! Cheers!!!

Sections
Shortcuts