Marchand - Seguin - Rechi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

Marchand - Seguin - Rechi

If Bergy is out, which I hope he is not, then I recommend we bring up Seguin

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Re: Marchand - Seguin - Rechi

Thought is yes. Especially against Tampa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Thats exactly how I would put him in. Baptism by fire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

what about whitfield?  he's awesome, a veteran and was on fire in the a. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Marchand - Seguin - Rechi:
    If Bergy is out, which I hope he is not, then I recommend we bring up Seguin Any thoughts?
    Posted by salsa-kid

Where would you like to bring him up from?

This is some pretty impressive out of the box thinking.  He is the only forward that is scratched, right? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Peverley Kelly
    Paille Campbell Recchi
    Thornton Seguin Ryder

I know this means three lines are altered, but I think you diminsih the respective values of Marchand and Recchi too much if you saddle them with Seguin at this point.

The alternative IMO is having Campbell move up to the second line and Seguin in between Thornton and Paille.  Unfortunately I think anyway you slice it, without Patrice we have a maximum of two responsible lines also capable of being a scoring threat.  Given that I would make sure my third line was a very good checking line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No way Seguin takes over shutdown duties and 2nd line center responsibilities.  If you think he looked outta place during the season imagine how bad he will look in the semi's against a team that lives and dies by its system.  4th line maybe and probably yes.  Thank god we have Campy who can play 3rd line.

DK/Lucic/Horton
    Peverly/Marchand/Recchi
    Kelly/Campy/Ryder
    Seguin/Paille/Thorton

Lets just hope Bergie is ready to rock and roll.  We are in deep trouble if he is out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

if bergy cant go and you call  on seguin  i Dont think u wanna stick him on the first line right away

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand - Seguin - Rechi:
    Horton Krejci Lucic Marchand Peverly Recchi Ryder Kelly Seguin Paille Campell Thornton Caron?
    Posted by samsonov

i think this is the way to go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i like the thought of Campbell filling in for Bergie if it is needed. I also think that  they need to replace Thornton with Caron, and not much wrong with Whitefield centering the 4th line. That keeps the first and third lines together, and make sure Claude sticks his size 12 up Ryder/Slyder's rear to make him play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

i like the thought of Campbell filling in for Bergie if it is needed. I also think that  they need to replace Thornton with Caron, and not much wrong with Whitefield centering the 4th line. That keeps the first and third lines together, and make sure Claude sticks his size 12 up Ryder/Slyder's rear to make him play.
    Posted by bogie6

This idea also has a lot of merit: Campbell and Marchand played together a lot at the beginning of the year, Whitfield is the prototypical fourth line center and, while I'm a huge Thornton fan, Caron would be more useful against Tampa, especially if we're losing Bergy's offense for at least a couple of games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Campy's role has to be bigger than Seguin.  Campy is very capible of filling in on 2nd line or 3rd line duties.  Seguin would center the 4th line and play PP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Seguin, third line wing. He didn't look lost most of the time it was lack of strength on the puck. But, he does have game changing ability. Rather they not have to bring him up but the Bruins will need all the speed they can for Tampa. 

Too bad the kid is not ready, because its looks old man time has caught up to Mark Recchi; he's barely getting back on the back check. Tough guy though. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Tyler will go to the 4th line

Go B's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from modest1. Show modest1's posts

Sequin CAN step into second line centre duties but limited of course as I know CJ is more than capable of using him at the right time and situations. No, he will not be taking key face-offs or killing penalties but will inject tons of speed and natural scoring ability in 5 on 5 and PP situations. I will in no way be surprised if Tyler fits in very well. Besides, the way things are working out for us right now, a rookie put under the gun steps up has his coming out party at the expense of TB........seems about right!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Sequin is going to have eyes the size of half dollars in the playoffs. He will get creamed and make that line a non-factor. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Sequin CAN step into second line centre duties but limited of course as I know CJ is more than capable of using him at the right time and situations. No, he will not be taking key face-offs or killing penalties but will inject tons of speed and natural scoring ability in 5 on 5 and PP situations. I will in no way be surprised if Tyler fits in very well. Besides, the way things are working out for us right now, a rookie put under the gun steps up has his coming out party at the expense of TB........seems about right!
    Posted by modest1

there is no way cj puts seguin on the 2nd line.  he will play less than 10 min/gm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Julien is very conservative.
    I think it will be as simple as, Campbell replaces Bergeron on the 2nd line, and Seguin takes Campbell's spot as 4th line center.
    Julien may have Seguin move up to the 2nd line, on powerplays, but I'm guessing, he will let Campbell play on the PP for at least the first game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I see Kelly moving up to 2nd line and Seguin going to 3rd line with Peverly and Ryder. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will say this again.  NO WAY SEGUIN GETS MORE QUALITY TIME THAN CAMPY!

There is a reason Seguin isnt playing.  Now all of a sudden he is gonna be our shutdown center to play against the Sedins or Joe if we make the final?  Give your collective heads a shake.  He will get Thorton minutes and some PP time.  He isnt NHL ready and hasnt played a game in a month and now he is gonna be a 2nd line center.  No chance.  No how. No Way. 
    Campy is capible of stepping up into a larger role.  I like the idea of Campy/Kelly/Paille as a shut down line.  With Seguin centering Thorton and Ryder.  Peverlly/Marchand and Recchi. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Marchand - Peverley - Recchi
    Seguin - Kelly - Ryder
    Paille - Campbell - Caron

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton Marchand - Peverley - Recchi Seguin - Kelly - Ryder Paille - Campbell - Caron
    Posted by beantowngm15

Thats not bad

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Recchi - Kelly - Marchand
    Campbell - Peverly - Ryder
    Paille - Seguin - Thornton

But I would give Seguin ample power play minutes.  Towards the end of the season he had some great chemistry going with Marchand on the PP.  And lord knows the Bruins could use whatever bump they could get in that department

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton Marchand - Peverley - Recchi Seguin - Kelly - Ryder Paille - Campbell - Caron
    Posted by beantowngm15

That is the best suggestion so far.  If Seguin is not game shape or ready for prime time playoff hockey then he can be shifted the fourth line easily.  Thornton will be totally useless against Tampa!  Caron should be given an opportunity, he is more capable of playing defensive hockey.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If there's anything we know about CJ at all, it is that he is conservative.

I'd bet just about anything Seguin goes to 4th line and Campbell takes Bergeron's spot.

On the 3 or 4 opportunites I've seen Paille have in the playoffs I was wishing it was Seguin, especially the breakaway because you can't deny Seguin is the best Bruins there is on a breakaway.

The kids progresses a lot.  I would not be shocked if he "arrived" in the playoffs. 

It *may* have been a factor that the season might have worn him down some, there are more games in the NHL than jr.  So this rest might have done him some good.  I think his first few games were his best - when he was rested.

Also, the kid has the right frame of mind and the right attitude so he's been thinking about getting in the playoffs the whole time and I'm sure he'll be ready.

There could be a lot worse guys coming in to take Bergeron's spot.  A lot worse.

Sections
Shortcuts