Marchand signs for 4 years, $18 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Marchand signs for 4 years, $18 million

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Bruins-Marchand-agree-on-four-year-18-mi?blockID=769413&feedID=3352

Given some of the contracts that have been thrown out to players coming off their entry level deals, this isn't a bad signing at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Marchand signs for 4 years, $18 million

In response to red75's comment:

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Bruins-Marchand-agree-on-four-year-18-mi?blockID=769413&feedID=3352

Given some of the contracts that have been thrown out to players coming off their entry level deals, this isn't a bad signing at all.

OK, how the heck did the same thread go up thrice???? This new board is driving me daffy - it took me 10 minutes just to get on here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

same here and we posted the same discussion not a fan of the new thread

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So looking at capgeek, for next season the Bruins have 7 players to sign and $21 million to do it, (that's with Savard on LTIR) assuming a $60 million cap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIiy94Wj58
                                      Brad Marchand's 2011 Playoff Run

As long Marchand keeps making his opponents look daffy Red, Bruins fans are good to go. Money looks good to me and I look forward to reading my post three times lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It still seems weird to be making extensions like these now.  The money looks okay (on a comparison basis, at least; I'd still prefer he prove his worth one more year before getting that much), but makes me wonder what Lucic will get.  Yikes.

Does this deal buy any UFA years? (Under current CBA, of course).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

It still seems weird to be making extensions like these now.  The money looks okay (on a comparison basis, at least; I'd still prefer he prove his worth one more year before getting that much), but makes me wonder what Lucic will get.  Yikes.

Does this deal buy any UFA years? (Under current CBA, of course).

Capgeek has him as a UFA at the end of this deal. I think it would be his 7th year as a Bruin, so it doesn't grab any additional UFA years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404717

I'm surprised by the lack of venom towards Marchand in TSN's comment section. Most fans, regardless of who they cheer for, seem to feel it was a great signing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I used to have no problems providing links......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm surprised by the lack of venom towards Marchand in TSN's comment section. Most fans, regardless of who they cheer for, seem to feel it was a great signing.

Yeah, there's a lot of hate towards him on there, but also a lot of respect. My favourite comment so far is
    "2.5mil a season for points, 2mil a season for being annoying."

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't think that Seguin as of right this moment deserves anymore than Marchand. They were close in points, played on the same line, and are young players. Outside of that Marchand has a better points total over the last 2 seasons, plays on the PK, and is an agitator.  I don't see that Seguin is worth more YET. If Seguin does the same as last season he won't be worth much more, if he continues to develope then we're talking =)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

marchand last season=  28g 27a 55pts
    seguin last season= 29g 38a 67pts

Thats a pretty big difference in production in my book. That is the difference between 4.5mil and 6mil in a contract. If seguin lead the team again with 67pts then id say he would be in a pretty commmanding postion to ask for the same contract hall and eberle got.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As Bookboy pointed out if in fact there decrease in the Cap and an across the board reduction of contracts, Marchand along with Seguin and et. al should be signed up.  JJ was fooled in 2004, will his strategy change as a result.  Self-interest should be the mantra like Snider in Philly.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/blackGold/Mum-s_the_word_on_new_deal_for_Seguin

"During a conference call with the media on Friday to discuss Brad Marchand’s new extension, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli essentially told inquiring minds he wasn’t here to talk about the future.

After singing Marchand’s praises, commending his rise through the ranks and ascension to the role of gifted NHL scorer, Chiarelli was understandably asked about the progress he’s made with the other top-flight players that are – like Marchand was until a few hours ago – set to become free agents in one form or another next summer.

“Well I’ve had some discussions and I’ll leave it at that,” the GM said. “I don’t really like to comment on negotiations, but for the sake of hearing something different than the labor situation, I’ll go off the rails a bit and tell you I’ve had some discussions with some of our guys.”

Chiarelli handled Chara, Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Seidenberg and Boychuks re-signings just fine so i'm sure someting will get done with Seguin soon. Now if I were a player making less than $3.5M playing for the Bruins and the cap came in less than $70M after the new CBA comes out I would keep my bags packed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I am pleased.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not concerned with Seguin being signed at all mostly because of the market is established with the signings of Hall,Eberle and Skinner. I do wonder, with perhaps the cap coming down, what will happen with Lucic.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Cap coming down will make it interesting for the B's...  The signings of Rask and Marchand with term length and dollars have been 2 of the best (for any team) in the offseason.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/blackGold/Mum-s_the_word_on_new_deal_for_Seguin

"During a conference call with the media on Friday to discuss Brad Marchand’s new extension, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli essentially told inquiring minds he wasn’t here to talk about the future.

After singing Marchand’s praises, commending his rise through the ranks and ascension to the role of gifted NHL scorer, Chiarelli was understandably asked about the progress he’s made with the other top-flight players that are – like Marchand was until a few hours ago – set to become free agents in one form or another next summer.

“Well I’ve had some discussions and I’ll leave it at that,” the GM said. “I don’t really like to comment on negotiations, but for the sake of hearing something different than the labor situation, I’ll go off the rails a bit and tell you I’ve had some discussions with some of our guys.”

Chiarelli handled Chara, Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Seidenberg and Boychuks re-signings just fine so i'm sure someting will get done with Seguin soon. Now if I were a player making less than $3.5M playing for the Bruins and the cap came in less than $70M after the new CBA comes out I would keep my bags packed.

I noticed your use of hieroglyphics my friend. ( or is it the Jameson again?) Either way, I always enjoy the insight and imput of your posts.