Marchand signs for 4 years, $18 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Marchand signs for 4 years, $18 million

In response to heyoo's comment:

marchand last season=  28g 27a 55pts
    seguin last season= 29g 38a 67pts

Thats a pretty big difference in production in my book. That is the difference between 4.5mil and 6mil in a contract. If seguin lead the team again with 67pts then id say he would be in a pretty commmanding postion to ask for the same contract hall and eberle got.

yes you used to say Seguin wasn't worth it when the Bruins were going to pick him up with that pick after your boy was traded to the Leafs.
    Similar stats although Seguin will get more in the likes of those deals the Oilers made to their young stars. I hope, deserves it and nice to lock Seguin in long term , most likely new CBA will not be possible .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:
    I noticed your use of hieroglyphics my friend. ( or is it the Jameson again?) Either way, I always enjoy the insight and imput of your posts.

Yah I need to forget about the quotation marks until BDC gets everything fixed up. Hope you stop by more Watch once the season finally starts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

bump

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I detest the player and wish he were traded instead of signed, however, with today's contracts I'd say this is a fair deal for both sides.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats a pretty big difference in production in my book. That is the difference between 4.5mil and 6mil in a contract. If seguin lead the team again with 67pts then id say he would be in a pretty commmanding postion to ask for the same contract hall and eberle got.

yes you used to say Seguin wasn't worth it when the Bruins were going to pick him up with that pick after your boy was traded to the Leafs.
    Similar stats although Seguin will get more in the likes of those deals the Oilers made to their young stars. I hope, deserves it and nice to lock Seguin in long term , most likely new CBA will not be possible .

[/QUOTE]

Never said that once in my life you salami. Show me any quote that i ever said anything remotley close to that. Talk out of your butt a lil more... Ill just mark you along with null once they get it working

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never said that once in my life you salami. Show me any quote that i ever said anything remotley close to that. Talk out of your butt a lil more... Ill just mark you along with null once they get it working

[/QUOTE]

not as heyoo , as your other signin . Salami LOL.... it's funny calling someone that from behind a keyboard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I like this signing.  Marchand should be a tradeable asset if his ego damages team chemistry. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

OK signing if he stays with his antics. Great signing if he can grow up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marchand's 24 now with a year to go on his current deal. New deal kicks in when he's 25, so they're buying 2 years of UFA I think. Current CBA (at least, current until Friday) says that a player is a UFA at 27. The 7 years of NHL service provision is only for players who would be UFA sooner than 27 because they started in the NHL as 18 or 19 yr olds.

When Marchand is focused, he's an impact player.  When he's not and he's chasing around trying to draw penalties and "agitate", he isn't the same player because he's chasing the game.  Almost by definition, most of the agitators' tactics need to happen "behind the play" to escape penalties.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I like his antics. Thats exactly what he should maintain. It makes him a better player. Too many times did I see him on a short leash last year, which annoyed me. He still needs to do those "getter under the skin" things to make his game better. Its like telling lucic to quit hitting people. Lucic needs to take the body to make his game better. Same goes for the antics of Marchand. As long as it doesnt put him in the box, Im fine with some face washing. Some people call him dirty. I dont think he's dirty. He just protects himself the best way he knows how.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I dont put a lot of extra value in 1 more goal and 10 more assists. The fact remains that over their careers Marchand has scored more points and been more influential on previous success of the organization. It's difficult to put equivalent value on Seguin vs. Hall, Eberle, Skinner et al. Primary reason being most of those other players have more than one solid year of point production under their belt. I have no doubt that Seguin will be worth that, but I'm more inclined to say show me what you can do and then we'll reward you, rather than here's a boat load of money go do what we think you can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Being dirty and protecting yourself aren't two interpretations of the same behaviour in mushmouth's case. He is dirty.  So is Lucic, for that matter, but Lucic is more like the guy in Goon who can get away with just about anything because he knows few guys are dumb enough to fight him and when they do, well, he'll probably win the fight anyway.  Mushmouth irritates guys and when they come after him he "protects himself the best way he knows how."  In the playoffs, when it was a Sedin coming flying at him after the play, stick high and ready to get into Grapes's good books, I had no problem with him flipping him arz over teakettle.  When it's a more or less routine hit he's avoiding during play and he does that...mmmmI don't know. 

As for the value of antics to his game, I think the value is limited and so is the comparison to Lucic and hitting.  Lucic hitting means he's hard on the puck carrier and working the cycle, the boards, the corners and not floating around in space trying to pick off passes or waiting for someone to set him up like he's Brett Hull.  They used to dump him to the third line to remind him that he has to play the same game on the first, second, third and fourth lines.  Mushmouth, on the other hand, uses the antics to get himself going, but the goal isn't to create hijinx, it's to get his legs and his brain moving so that he plays that Glenn Anderson like balls to the wall game we saw in the Finals.  I love watching that player.  But when the goal is antics, when he seems focused on antics as though that's what he needs to do to get going or to help the team, he loses me.  Fast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

I like his antics. Thats exactly what he should maintain. It makes him a better player. Too many times did I see him on a short leash last year, which annoyed me. He still needs to do those "getter under the skin" things to make his game better. Its like telling lucic to quit hitting people. Lucic needs to take the body to make his game better. Same goes for the antics of Marchand. As long as it doesnt put him in the box, Im fine with some face washing. Some people call him dirty. I dont think he's dirty. He just protects himself the best way he knows how.

You mean like slew footing & taking out knees with that ducking BS? That's garbage & doesn't belong in the game. If he was on another team playing that way you'd be bitchin'. So stop with the double standards. It's annoying! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You mean like slew footing & taking out knees with that ducking BS? That's garbage & doesn't belong in the game. If he was on another team playing that way you'd be bitchin'. So stop with the double standards. It's annoying! 

Hey Nite, I find it annoying that you and a few others still stick up for TT after he's thrown the entire organization under the bus while chastising Marchand for not playing up to your moral code. He hurt Sami Salo. Big deal! That was literally the 35th time in Salo's career that he was too injured to play. The guy's more brittle than Marchand is dirty. Frankly, I'm glad to hear you find it annoying that some of us like the way Marchand plays. Now you know how some of us feel when you're still on TT's jock.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Nite, I find it annoying that you and a few others still stick up for TT after he's thrown the entire organization under the bus while chastising Marchand for not playing up to your moral code. He hurt Sami Salo. Big deal! That was literally the 35th time in Salo's career that he was too injured to play. The guy's more brittle than Marchand is dirty. Frankly, I'm glad to hear you find it annoying that some of us like the way Marchand plays. Now you know how some of us feel when you're still on TT's jock.

Whoa! I've admitted to being PO'd at TT just as well as anyone. I just think that as f'd up as he is there's more to it then just him being a politcal idiot! I've also said I like Brad's game when he plays hockey. He's a great asset to have, it's his extra curricular shananigans that's the garbage! Slewfooting people is not a part of this game. Ducking to get away from a hit isn't either. You complain about me & my over protection of TT Dez, but I challenged you before & I'll do it again. At least I've been objective on TT when he deserved it. You should try it when it comes to you and your "do no wrong" wonder boy! Besides you saying he can't sing? You've never said one negative thing about Marchand. So, who's in whose jock? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I make no secret that I love Marchand as a player. You used to be able to see it in my sig. Let me know when he starts hurting the organization more than he's helping it and maybe I'll change my mind. Until then, his play in the Cup Finals outweighs all else. Slurp on that TT lover.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll always refer to JWensink's comment on the difference between Marchand and Wheeler. Something along the lines of Blake Wheeler is a nice guy but after he got traded and Marchand took his icetime the march to the Stanley Cup began. PC realized Mushmouth could score more with the right TOI, agitate, hit and play well enough defensively to please Julien.

So the over grown kid with no heart was jettisoned for the midget that can draw penalties, score and agitate. I think Chiarelli knows that Marchand will more than likely have a few more suspensions then learn not to be a birdbrain as he matures. The trade off of watching Mushmouth is, yes for the next couple of years he will  frustrate management a bit but the payoff is what Brad can do when it counts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good signing, PC is doing a good job of this..These deals look good now and I suspect will look even better when they expire.

Is he dirty?
    Is he a goal scorer?
    If he isnt playing on the edge does it effect his game?

Who cares? I think he is fun to watch, so he may cross the line a here and there, but I don't see him ducking anyone.

At least he doesn't bite.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People are looking at Marchand's numbers and suggesting that, because Seguin's numbers are similar (or even a bit worse), that Seguin's contract should be similar.

Contracts that are longer than one year are for what management projects will be the later ROI.  I don't think there's a person on Earth that isn't a Leafs fan that thinks Seguin has hit his ceiling or that thinks Seguin and Marchand are on the same track.

Seguin's contract will reflect management's projection of a Top 10 NHL scorer, while Marchand's contract projects a second line P-I-T-A with a scoring touch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, there's a lot of hate towards him on there, but also a lot of respect. My favourite comment so far is 

"2.5mil a season for points, 2mil a season for being annoying."

love it!!! he really is annoying.
    i wish he was on our team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

People are looking at Marchand's numbers and suggesting that, because Seguin's numbers are similar (or even a bit worse), that Seguin's contract should be similar.

Contracts that are longer than one year are for what management projects will be the later ROI.  I don't think there's a person on Earth that isn't a Leafs fan that thinks Seguin has hit his ceiling or that thinks Seguin and Marchand are on the same track.

Seguin's contract will reflect management's projection of a Top 10 NHL scorer, while Marchand's contract projects a second line P-I-T-A with a scoring touch.

Ya that was bslegion what a joke, the bruins are lucky they got seguin for under 6mil he could of easily asked for the same contract as hall. He must really like boston to throw a couple million out the window to play here. Anyways the bruins have locked up the core of this team only two that are left is rask and lucic. They will be locked up next summer....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I make no secret that I love Marchand as a player. You used to be able to see it in my sig. Let me know when he starts hurting the organization more than he's helping it and maybe I'll change my mind. Until then, his play in the Cup Finals outweighs all else. Slurp on that TT lover.

I never said he hurts the team either. I like when he agitates, I like when he drives the other team so crazy that the other team basically says. "ingnore the piece of kief!" and they do & he scores big goals for the Bruins. I love that part of his game. I think he's probably in the top 5 in the league as far as the agitation & goal scoring goes. I think he's a Scott Hartnell with more agility & speed. However, it's the stupid antics I don't like. I don't like it when Subban does it & I don't like it when Hartnell does it. I can't stand Maxienne Lapuke, or the Biting Witch Burrows either. I don't like those kinds of players, because they're nothing but punks who hide behind the instigator rule. Slew footing is a punkish & garbage move & if applied right it can cause the same thing as a blindside hit. I don't argree with it when players of another team do this stuff. I'm not gonna change my mind when a Bruin does it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

This was worth a million alone:

http://cdn2.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/SedinPunch_Final.gif

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was worth a million alone:

http://cdn2.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/SedinPunch_Final.gif

[/QUOTE]

No matter what kind of player you are. When you play hockey, anyone who would stand there & take that isn't much of a man let alone a player. I couldn't believe Sedin didn't at least take one poke back. It was embarrassing to watch even as Bruin fan. Reminded me of the time Crowder turtled along the side boards to Nilan in the 85' play-offs.