Marchand Suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Marchand Suspended

Brad gets 2 games.  I was expecting 1 game due to Heatley only getting 2 games for his much more violent hit on the same night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Marchand Suspended

In Response to Marchand Suspended:
    Brad gets 2 games.  I was expecting 1 game due to Heatley only getting 2 games for his much more violent hit on the same night.
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

He was obviously punished for Chara too.Heatley's hit was considerably worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

1 game for Chara, 1 game for Marchand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He better shape up.  Next time, he's a "repeat offender". 

Play hockey Brad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

agree with Fletch.  He doesn't want to get a bad rap in the league.  I think his recent struggles have got him frustrated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended:
    He better shape up.  Next time, he's a "repeat offender".  Play hockey Brad.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I think the Bruins bear will pay him a visit. 

I'm sure someone will sit him down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Play with grit.  Play with emotion.  Play with snarl.  Don't target a player's head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

So does Ryder stay in the press box and they call up Caron?  thats what I would do

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Love all the Marchand hate. We should run him out of town like Wideman and Ryder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Play with grit.  Play with emotion.  Play with snarl.  Don't target a player's head.
    Posted by huscroft28

How did he "target" the head?  He wasn't even looking at him?  Did he hit his head, yes, but to say he targeted the head is ridiculous!  He received 2 games, as I predicted because the hit was from the blind side and the principal point of contact was the head, meeting the criteria for Rule 48.1.  You and others must feel that Brad Marchand has Jedi powers if he is that good that he can target a guy's head w/o looking, as his head is in motion, falling to the ice, all while skating a good clip!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I like your positions MeanE. Marchand fell into a stretch area of the new rule. I am particularly unhappy with all the media types, even Kalmer , who used the words "viscious" in describing Marchy's hit. Even sent a note to Fluto to ask him to stop throwing Bruins players under the bus until a final ruling takes place. Marchand should now have enough info to adjust his play without lessening his enthusiasm and chippiness. I wonder if our esteemed Referees will try to crack down on the Habs habits of jabs to the calf or ankle etc. It's obvious the refs have been told to "watch" the "big-bad" Bruins, and it's obvious guys will take advantage of "Claiming' bad hits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : How did he "target" the head?  He wasn't even looking at him?  Did he hit his head, yes, but to say he targeted the head is ridiculous!  He received 2 games, as I predicted because the hit was from the blind side and the principal point of contact was the head, meeting the criteria for Rule 48.1.  You and others must feel that Brad Marchand has Jedi powers if he is that good that he can target a guy's head w/o looking, as his head is in motion, falling to the ice, all while skating a good clip!  
    Posted by MeanE

Instead of Jedi powers, maybe he has human eyesight, which comes equipped with peripheral vision.

Maybe this will be the only warning the kid needs to clean up his dirty game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Love all the Marchand hate. We should run him out of town like Wideman and Ryder.
    Posted by nrguy

I didn't think anyone here hates him.  I don't.  I've cheered for him all season.

But you gotta be honest about the hit, and it does bother me.  He can be a much better player without that crap.

He did something stupid, hopefully he learn from it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : Instead of Jedi powers, maybe he has human eyesight, which comes equipped with peripheral vision. Maybe this will be the only warning the kid needs to clean up his dirty game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So your claim is that at that speed, Marchand who had his eye on the puck the entire time was able to target RJ's head that was not stationary through his peripheral vision?  Wow he is awesome, should've been a pilot.  Watch his interview after practice, he was stand up, said that he accepted the suspension, said that he hit his head, said he was trying to get body position, but never said that he was targeting his head.  Not only to you hate him and think he is Dirty, is he now a liar as well?  He got the 2 games as I predicted in your earlier post, he will move on from it and so should you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : I didn't think anyone here hates him.  I don't.  I've cheered for him all season. But you gotta be honest about the hit, and it does bother me.  He can be a much better player without that crap. He did something stupid, hopefully he learn from it.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Ok let's be honest.  Was Krejci's cross check to the face dirty?  Was Lucic's cross check to the face of Moore dirty? Was Seidenberg's cross check to the face a few games back dirty?  Why is everyone one Marchand?  Because he has that chirpy reputation?  Getting under people's skin and being dirty do not necessarily go hand in hand.  If we are going to be "honest" , if people have such a hard tiem with the Marchand hit, it might be time to stop watching!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : I didn't think anyone here hates him.  I don't.  I've cheered for him all season. But you gotta be honest about the hit, and it does bother me.  He can be a much better player without that crap. He did something stupid, hopefully he learn from it.
    Posted by Fletcher1

There's at least one poster here that hates Marchand(it's definitely not me or you)......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : There's at least one poster here that hates Marchand(it's definitely not me or you)......
    Posted by dezaruchi

A fair point.

I just don't like the insinuation that if you criticize him for an illegal, you now must 'hate' him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : Ok let's be honest.  Was Krejci's cross check to the face dirty?  Was Lucic's cross check to the face of Moore dirty? Was Seidenberg's cross check to the face a few games back dirty?  Why is everyone one Marchand?  Because he has that chirpy reputation?  Getting under people's skin and being dirty do not necessarily go hand in hand.  If we are going to be "honest" , if people have such a hard tiem with the Marchand hit, it might be time to stop watching!
    Posted by MeanE

So...sometimes guys get away with it sometimes guys don't, and some of the examples you mention didn't look real bad to me.

But Marchand's did.  He nailed a guy with an elbow who wasn't looking.  I'm not having a 'hard time' with it, I just thought it was stupid.  You seem to be having a 'hard time' with anyone criticizing Marchand, and you're acting like he is some kind of martyr now.

For the second time, I like Marchand.  I want him back.  But I wish he would keep this cheap sh*t out of his game and play hockey.  He's hurt his team now.

Yeah MeanE, I should stop watching cause I ca't handle the violence.  Ease up bud, you're coming unglued for no reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : A fair point. I just don't like the insinuation that if you criticize him for an illegal, you now must 'hate' him.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I know what you mean.He's one of my favourite Bruins this year but I called him out for his actions against Vancouver(stick to the jewels).I said he'd better be willing to drop the mitts if he wanted to play like that.He obliged the next game in Edmonton but hasn't exactly cleaned up his game since.I'd like to see more Tikkanen in his game and less Steve Downey.It's posssible to be a pest without being a danger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

I like that Marchand plays with an edge but he deserved to get suspended he's still just a rookie lets hope that Marchand will learn a lesson from this, it's a dirty play there is no need for this in the NHL. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : So...sometimes guys get away with it sometimes guys don't, and some of the examples you mention didn't look real bad to me. But Marchand's did.  He nailed a guy with an elbow who wasn't looking.  I'm not having a 'hard time' with it, I just thought it was stupid.  You seem to be having a 'hard time' with anyone criticizing Marchand, and you're acting like he is some kind of martyr now. For the second time, I like Marchand.  I want him back.  But I wish he would keep this cheap sh*t out of his game and play hockey.  He's hurt his team now. Yeah MeanE, I should stop watching cause I ca't handle the violence.  Ease up bud, you're coming unglued for no reason.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I don't have a hard time with any criticizing Marchand.  I have a hard time with comments like the highlighted above.  That statement implies that he had intent & targeted the head.  He wasn't looking either!  I like Marchand and the rest of the Bruins and I was the first to criticize Paille for his hit.  However, I am coming unglued by the pussification of Bruins fans on this board, following the Chara incident, and the singling out of Marchand, when other questionable penalties have taken place in recent games that nobody piped up about.  We will agree to disagree, because all of the plays that I mentioned were more "dirty" then Marchand's, but I am OK with all of them.  Last year it was this team has no heart , no fight, etc..  A guy gets a bow up and now everyone is talking about, this kid needs to learn, he's dirty, this and that and another thing.  It's called hockey, these things happen.  He was suspended.  He doesn't have to change or learn a lesson, etc.. It was what it was, a blind side hit where he made contact with his head, nothing more nothing less.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : How did he "target" the head?  He wasn't even looking at him?  Did he hit his head, yes, but to say he targeted the head is ridiculous!  He received 2 games, as I predicted because the hit was from the blind side and the principal point of contact was the head, meeting the criteria for Rule 48.1.  You and others must feel that Brad Marchand has Jedi powers if he is that good that he can target a guy's head w/o looking, as his head is in motion, falling to the ice, all while skating a good clip!  
    Posted by MeanE

Relax, Obi Wan.  I was responding to the post which asked how Marchand could maintain his game.  I stand by what I said - in the newly emerging NHL rulebook, players need to play with emotion/passion/whatever and avoid headshots.  I didn't mean that Marchand, in particular, "targeted" his head - I like Marchand, especially when he plays with smarts - what he did the other night wasn't so smart nor very Jedi-like.  OK, Yoda?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : Relax, Obi Wan.  I was responding to the post which asked how Marchand could maintain his game.  I stand by what I said - in the newly emerging NHL rulebook, players need to play with emotion/passion/whatever and avoid headshots.  I didn't mean that Marchand, in particular, "targeted" his head - I like Marchand, especially when he plays with smarts - what he did the other night wasn't so smart nor very Jedi-like.  OK, Yoda?
    Posted by huscroft28

OK help me out, he didn't target his head, yet what he did, battling for position to go after a loose puck, was not so smart?  He unfortunately clipped a falling player in the domepiece and got suspended.  Would you rather that he not skate hard and back check?  should he just sit and cherry pick at the blue line.  I guess you could argue that if he didn't raise his arm while shielding the opposing player in pursuit of the puck, he would have been smart.  I think many here are splitting hairs.  No problem Chubacca, not sure if spelled right, not much of a star wars fan.  LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : I don't have a hard time with any criticizing Marchand.  I have a hard time with comments like the highlighted above.  That statement implies that he had intent & targeted the head.  He wasn't looking either!  I like Marchand and the rest of the Bruins and I was the first to criticize Paille for his hit.  However, I am coming unglued by the pussification of Bruins fans on this board, following the Chara incident, and the singling out of Marchand, when other questionable penalties have taken place in recent games that nobody piped up about.  We will agree to disagree, because all of the plays that I mentioned were more "dirty" then Marchand's, but I am OK with all of them.  Last year it was this team has no heart , no fight, etc..  A guy gets a bow up and now everyone is talking about, this kid needs to learn, he's dirty, this and that and another thing.  It's called hockey, these things happen.  He was suspended.  He doesn't have to change or learn a lesson, etc.. It was what it was, a blind side hit where he made contact with his head, nothing more nothing less.
    Posted by MeanE

No.  I specifically avoided mentioning intent at all.  I said:  He nailed a guy with an elbow who wasn't looking. Whether he meant to or not is kind of secondary.  It looked bad, and he hit a guy in the head with an elbow.  I will avoid the debate over whether he intended to or not, and just say that he can't hit a guy like that, without facing a suspension.  Keep your elbows tucked in when you hit, and don't hit people from behind/blindside.  I think he deserves a game or two.  Other than that, I'm a big fan of his game.

I like chippy play, I like rough play.  I just worry about Marchand getting too wrapped up in this stuff (and he really can't fight), and then you have a guy with a bad reputation with the refs and the league, and you have situations where teammates have to answer the bell for his play.  I don't want that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand Suspended : No.  I specifically avoided mentioning intent at all.  I said:  He nailed a guy with an elbow who wasn't looking.  Whether he meant to or not is kind of secondary.  It looked bad, and he hit a guy in the head with an elbow.  I will avoid the debate over whether he intended to or not, and just say that he can't hit a guy like that, without facing a suspension.  Keep your elbows tucked in when you hit, and don't hit people from behind/blindside.  I think he deserves a game or two.  Other than that, I'm a big fan of his game. I like chippy play, I like rough play.  I just worry about Marchand getting too wrapped up in this stuff (and he really can't fight), and then you have a guy with a bad reputation with the refs and the league, and you have situations where teammates have to answer the bell for his play.  I don't want that.
    Posted by Fletcher1

So if he clipped him with his shoulder as he tried to shield him from regaining control of the puck you would be alright with it?, because it would still be a penalty and suspension. I am on record saying he would get 2, by the letter of the law, he deserved 2, but why didn't Steckel get 2 as well?  Nowhere in the rule does it say that a blind side hit to the head of an opponent has to be intentional?  I just want to see consistency from the NHL and from Bruins fans!

Sections
Shortcuts