Marchand undercut on Sedin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Marchand undercut on Sedin

The announcers made such a big deal about marchand ducking sedin. The play was dead and Sedin had no reason to be skating as fast as he was towards Marchand. Sedin has only but himself to blame. No reason for him to engage Marchand. The sedin twins have been targeted all series and it seems to be working at shutting them down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin

The homerism on VS, CBC, HNIC, and NBC is brutal. They show Alberts holding, I can't remember who, one of our guys on the boards when the play was all the way up the ice, and it's "a good play". But when one of the Gazoo twins takes a run at Marchand andf he up ends them, it's "dangerous". Really???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It's not against the rules it's just one of those things players usually don't do out of respect for each other. HOWEVER the Canucks spent the first two games plus the 1st period of game 3 of the series proving that they didn't deserve any respect so they and their fans have nothing to complain about.

The NHL shouldn't have anything to complain about either. They refused to suspend Burrows because he was important to Vancouver's game. Then they did nothing to stem the taunting diring game 2. They effectively gave Vancouver the green light to continue their lowlife antics which culminated in the hit on Horton. Since the NHL declined to enforce discipline the Bruins have taken the matter into their own hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The disrespect the canucks have shown the first two game is biting them in the but.t. (I mean Finger) The bear has been let loose and the Big Bad Bruins have shown up. I love it....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Thats what I said. Marchand is suppose to let himself be charged after the whistle and just say "tank you sir may I have another" I thought that whole sequence by Moshmont was perfection. Good move, dodges the hit, then drops his gloves.

Then to top it off I think Erhoff actually had his thumb in his mouth when someone larger than 5'6 came over to challenge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin:
    [QUOTE]Thats what I said. Marchand is suppose to let himself be charged after the whistle and just say "tank you sir may I have another" I thought that whole sequence by Moshmont was perfection. Good move, dodges the hit, then drops his gloves. Then to top it off I think Erhoff actually had his thumb in his mouth when someone larger than 5'6 came over to challenge.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Yep you said it first, I was just following it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it was a fitting end to the game, knock down two guys, and then drop your gloves with NO HESITATION. man i love this kid. that does nothing but keeping the momentum going for the next game! GO BRUINS!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin : Yep you said it first, I was just following it up.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the last time I saw a professional hockey player drop to ice and cower like a scared little girl. But any team that has 2 androgynous green fairies as mascots can't have very big stones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Marshy played another outstanding game. Erhoff was complaining to the refs all night and pulling cheap shots. Marsh gave it back in spades. This Vancouver team is a bunch of whiners. Even Kesler has picked up the "Swedish" temperment. IMO the Bruins have established an opportunity to end this in 6 games. Burrowes' attempt to knock Timmy's stick out of his hands is just plain stupidity. I like the tempo that Thornton brings to the bruins, but his on ice play leaves a lot to be desired. Seguin's passes are better than Kaberle's, and he doesn't pass it into a crowd as Rex did 3 times last night. Rex's age was showing. Hope he sleeps all the way to Vancouver. Slyder scored a good goal[ any goal is good], but he really needs to stop giving away the puck, and thinking he can stick-handle through the entire Canucks team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Wasn't a fan of the run by Gazoo #1 or the duck by Marshmont. Those turn into career enders.

It is funny though Hamhuis goes low and sends Lucic asss over tea kettle and its a good play. He gets hurt on the play (2nd biggest play in the series IMO) and the NBC guys are going on about Krejci's lovetap, when it was Hamhuis who hurt himself.

Marchand goes low after a guy trying to hit him after the whistle and they are all about how bad it is to be that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Thats what I said. Marchand is suppose to let himself be charged after the whistle and just say "tank you sir may I have another" I thought that whole sequence by Moshmont was perfection. Good move, dodges the hit, then drops his gloves. Then to top it off I think Erhoff actually had his thumb in his mouth when someone larger than 5'6 came over to challenge.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Let's add that the Sedin was coming in late.   Marchand was getting a penalty for shoving aside Ehroff , touched the puck and the play was over.  The play was over !  Why is Sedin coming in charging ?
    He got what he deserved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't a fan of the run by Gazoo #1 or the duck by Marshmont. Those turn into career enders. It is funny though Hamhuis goes low and sends Lucic asss over tea kettle and its a good play. He gets hurt on the play (2nd biggest play in the series IMO) and the NBC guys are going on about Krejci's lovetap, when it was Hamhuis who hurt himself. Marchand goes low after a guy trying to hit him after the whistle and they are all about how bad it is to be that way.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Well said!.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hmmmm...another attempt at a late hit? these guys are clowns, and deserve everything they get. go b's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Marchand's comment on the play is great:

On the sequence in his altercation with Canucks players at the end of the third…
    "Yeah, I tried to jump over [Christian] Ehrhoff there and clipped him with my arm and [Daniel] Sedin tried to take a ride on me and that would have been a cheap hit, I already had a penalty against me and so I just ducked on him and saw [Keith] Ballard coming."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

If I'm not mistaken didn't one of sedin sisters try to grab ferrance from behind and put him in a headlock in game 3. Thats a P***y move right there. Marchand just taught him a lesson if you want to get involved in the rough stuff you better be ready and not half a** it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Marshy played another outstanding game. Erhoff was complaining to the refs all night and pulling cheap shots. Marsh gave it back in spades. This Vancouver team is a bunch of whiners. Even Kesler has picked up the "Swedish" temperment. IMO the Bruins have established an opportunity to end this in 6 games. Burrowes' attempt to knock Timmy's stick out of his hands is just plain stupidity. I like the tempo that Thornton brings to the bruins, but his on ice play leaves a lot to be desired. Seguin's passes are better than Kaberle's, and he doesn't pass it into a crowd as Rex did 3 times last night. Rex's age was showing. Hope he sleeps all the way to Vancouver. Slyder scored a good goal[ any goal is good], but he really needs to stop giving away the puck, and thinking he can stick-handle through the entire Canucks team.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Like your analysis. Will add that Lucic had an outstanding game and his skating is so fluid now, he looks like a different player. Love to see him be the difference maker and net 2 or 3 in front of his family and friends in Vancouver tomorrow. Vancouver coach finally stopped whining; he knows he has to try to get his team to play better hockey; should be a much tougher game, similar to game 1 or 2 --- goalies should be the difference, so hopefully the Bruins will get to Luongo early.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm not mistaken didn't one of sedin sisters try to grab ferrance from behind and put him in a headlock in game 3. Thats a P***y move right there. Marchand just taught him a lesson if you want to get involved in the rough stuff you better be ready and not half a** it.
    Posted by wmo1679[/QUOTE]

That was Daniel Sedin. And Ference would have killed him even though he's only like the 4th or 5th best fighter on the Bruins.

What amazed me about the Marchand play was how VS (or whatever trash I was subjected to on center ice) kept banging on about how irresponsible it was to duck because the other guy could get hurt. So yeah, he's supposed to stand there and get drilled into the boards. Pah. If you don't want to risk getting hurt then don't go for the hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The guy, who's about 6 inches taller than Marchand, takes a run at him behind the net and Marchand ducks. I thought it was a smart move. Try that with a Bruin your own size and you'll be heading into the post season in need of some extensive dental work!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Pound for pound, I don't know that I've seen a beast like Brad Marchand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Pound for pound, I don't know that I've seen a beast like Brad Marchand.
    Posted by Beorach[/QUOTE]

Marchand is Steve Ott with a little more offense and less ability to back up his dirty play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

If you find the videos from the Versus dipsh*ts, the Hamhuis on Lucic was a "good, hard hockey hip check.  GREAT HIT!"  Then, the video of Marchand doing basically the same thing while STANDING STILL, AFTER THE WHISTLE, they say it was a "dangerous play.  Really dangerous."  Pierre and Eddie are the ones who say it, over and over.  They are the BIGGEST hypocrites there are.  I dont know how one is a good hard hip check with 2 guys skating full speed, but the other where a guy was taking a run at another player AFTER the whistle is a dangerous play.  Jackassess of the finest kind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

a little more offense? did you see him embarass luongo and kessler the other night shorthanded?

not to mention he's not a dirty player.

ott is by far the dirtiest player in the NHL other than Cooke

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah it is interesting to compare that hit to the Hamhuis one on Lucic, which the same announcers proclaimed to be a good, old time, hip check.

Hamhuis initiated his hit, Marchand didn't.  Marchand's response was one of self-preservation since he was against the end boards and turned to see Sedin coming at him at the last second, after the whistle.  Hamhuis had time to line up Lucic any way he chose, then chose to go low. 

After the hit, Marchand dropped the gloves and took on whomever might be coming next, it happended to be Ballard.  Hamhuis laid on the ice and drew a penalty when Krejci pushed him.

After the Hamhuis hit, a scrum ensued where no further penalties were called, giving the Canucks a powerplay.  After the Marchand hit a scrum ensued and McQuaid was kicked out of the game for, apparently, frightening Ehrhoff, giving the Canucks a powerplay.

Not much for Vancouver to whine about here.  Marchand did nothing wrong at all, except in taking a 2-minute penalty on Ehrhoff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I guess Vancouver has figured out that Marchand is not the same as Marleau...hmmm

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin : Marchand is Steve Ott with a little more offense and less ability to back up his dirty play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    A little more offence ? Thats a good one. Otts a great penalty killer as well ?

Sections
Shortcuts