Marchand undercut on Sedin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin

In that exchange at 17:33 of the 3rd period, Marchand picked up the following:
    2 minutes for Holding
    2 minutes for Tripping
    2 minutes for Roughing

In the end, he was assessed a 2 minute minor for ducking?  Strange call.  I don't see anything wrong with ducking the late hit coming from Sedin and appluad Marchand for answering the bell.

Ballard also received 2 minutes for roughing and McQuaid received a 10 minute misconduct. 

Here's the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeQG3zNy2CE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand undercut on Sedin : Marchand is Steve Ott with a little more offense and less ability to back up his dirty play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You've been pretty consistent on your view of Marchand and your dislike for his game (antics).  What say you about this play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, the tripping makes no sense at all.  A guy takes a run at him well after the whistle, against the boards, he ducks the hit, and he gets the penalty?

Sedin wasn't coming over to comb his hair, he was trying to drill him.  Oh well, who cares?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In that exchange at 17:33 of the 3rd period, Marchand picked up the following: 2 minutes for Holding 2 minutes for Tripping 2 minutes for Roughing In the end, he was assessed a 2 minute minor for ducking?  Strange call.  I don't see anything wrong with ducking the late hit coming from Sedin and appluad Marchand for answering the bell. Ballard also received 2 minutes for roughing and McQuaid received a 10 minute misconduct.  Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeQG3zNy2CE
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

and what was the holding call ? LOL  was it when he sidestepped Ehroff from almost getting a knee on knee ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

in defence of VS,JR said it was a good move on Marchand's part. i think it was too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

There was nothing cheap about Marchand upending Sedin. Anyone remember Lucic getting ended? The announcers praised that hit.

Outright NHL bias and NBC, CBC, and VS all got the memo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ott has scored 21-19 goals in this league.  Ott is a much much MUCH better fighter.  I don't classify Marchand as a fighter.  He is a disturber who doesnt fight. Ott is a disturber who does fight. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]in defence of VS,JR said it was a good move on Marchand's part. i think it was too.
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

Good point -- JR is totally ga-ga over Marchand. Can't blame him. It's been a while since we had someone that creative and illusive. The kid goes into the corners with that ducking low center of gravity and somehow comes out with the puck more than not. He really needs to watch crossing the line prior to faceoffs. He came off the bench -- Little crosscheck to the back then 3 wacks behind the knees. Refs could be watching next time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And for the record I had no isse with Marchand at the end of the game.  Other than the hand stuff.  His play has been pretty darn impressive.  Game was in hand. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah it is interesting to compare that hit to the Hamhuis one on Lucic, which the same announcers proclaimed to be a good, old time, hip check. Hamhuis initiated his hit, Marchand didn't.  Marchand's response was one of self-preservation since he was against the end boards and turned to see Sedin coming at him at the last second, after the whistle.  Hamhuis had time to line up Lucic any way he chose, then chose to go low.  After the hit, Marchand dropped the gloves and took on whomever might be coming next, it happended to be Ballard.  Hamhuis laid on the ice and drew a penalty when Krejci pushed him. After the Hamhuis hit, a scrum ensued where no further penalties were called, giving the Canucks a powerplay.  After the Marchand hit a scrum ensued and McQuaid was kicked out of the game for, apparently, frightening Ehrhoff, giving the Canucks a powerplay. Not much for Vancouver to whine about here.  Marchand did nothing wrong at all, except in taking a 2-minute penalty on Erhoff.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That was some FUNNY "stuff". All aside, Erhoff should be embarrassed! You don't go into a scrum to pull another guy off and then turtle when another player has challenged you. Grow some stones man!! This is the playoffs!!

Oh wait, you would be defending a P*SSY, Attempt to Maim player named Sedin. Erhoff was right. He's not worth taking a beating over

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

His last shift last night was one of the most ballsy shifts by a single player I've ever seen. Especially considering his size. I can't stop watching it on repeat. This guy is always two steps ahead of everyone else on the other team. I loved how right after he ducked on Sedin, who was obviously making a run, he came up and instantly was prepared to take on anyone coming his way.

BEST SHIFT EVER

Sections
Shortcuts