Marchand verdict - 5 games = total garbage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Marchand verdict - 5 games = total garbage

I guess Claude was right, the propaganda put out by the Canucks paid dividends. He was also right that the Bruins seem to be the team the rest of the league loves to hate. Where is the outrage for the similar crap that the Canucks themselves pull?
    Sure, Marchy toes a fine line and this "clip" is something we've seen before from him, but there is clearly a double standard coming down from the NHL offices.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Marchand verdict - 5 games = total garbage

Garbage yes, but hey look at it this way, someone gets in the lineup and maybe a chance to show off some talent. Who plays in Marchands place, I thinks caron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Pouliot will take his spot on Bergy's line and Hamill will be inserted on the 3rd line. At least, that's what I'd do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

When you think about it, the league didn't have much of a choice.  Here is what BM had going against him:

1...Integrity of the game/refs: The league more or less came right out before the game was over and admited that the refs blue the call on Lucic.  That lead to a goal.  To say that BM's hit was also legal, and the refs blew a 2nd call that lead to 2 more goals, then the league would just confirm that the refs gave the game to Vancouver.

2...Perception:  Boston plays a rough game, on the line.  They are very good and don't usually cross that line; therefore, there is not much the league can do as far as discipline.  This leads the rest of the cry-babies in the league to always say "nothing happens to the Bruins, because Campbell plays for them."  Therefore, they had to "stretch the rule" to try to appease the east and west cost canadian crybabies.    

3...dangerous play:  the play is dangerous, despite the fact that it has been done over and over.  I would be interested to see if he calls all of them like this from now on, or if this is the exception.  This is definitely an odd interpretation of the rule, since the hit was on the hip, not the knees, and I don't buy that BM was being "predatory".  He hit BM...kinda hard to be "predatory" when someone initiates contact on you.

Thats my input....I'm not a Canadian fan, so I will not cry about it.  I root for this team because they are grown men.  They will put this behind them, not say a word about it and continue to beat the rest of the teams in league in obnoxious fashion. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

5 is pretty steep, i thought 2-3 would be appropriate, it was a bad hit, he aimed low if steve ott did that to boychuk or someone else everyone here would be outraged.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I had no idea Marchand asked for a ruling on this exact kind of hit prior to the season and was brushed off by Shanny and co. That's a responsible approach... completely opposite what many are saying about him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Very stiff penalty, a little suprising. It's done it's over with we move on, we'll leave the whining to the sister & co.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand verdict - 5 games = total garbage:
    Very stiff penalty, a little suprising. It's done it's over with we move on, we'll leave the whining to the sister & co.
    Posted by stan17

totally agree. Take the 5 games and move on. One just hopes that if the same thing happens to a B's player in the future, they call it the same. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand verdict - 5 games = total garbage:
    In Response to Re: Marchand verdict - 5 games = total garbage : totally agree. Take the 5 games and move on. One just hopes that if the same thing happens to a B's player in the future, they call it the same. 
    Posted by shaunk

Don't count on it.  If you listened to the ruling; the league basically made up a rule for this hit.  Keep in mind that the hit was not at or below the knees, then it could not be clipping by defination, dirty or not. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hope it helps marchand to clean his game up. but i can't get over watching the video and hearing the definition read by shanahan.... the video doesn't support his ruling that it's clipping. on principle, yes, marchand should be taught a lesson. but don't p*** down my back and tell me it's raining. i would have been fine if he said it's another in the growing line of questionable marchand hits... therefore suspension is warranted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If Marchand's hit was deemed predatory and a player can be suspended for such actions, why was Cooke not suspended for his hit on Savard? Is "predatory hit" new to the rulebook or just put in there to nail Marchand. Total B.S .

Sections
Shortcuts