MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Re: MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!!

In Response to Re: MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!! : Down 3 goals with 1.5 mins on the lock. Who's he trying to kid? Sedin was scared, plain and simple. Forsberg(or any player with an ounce of dignity) would've done something besides yelling to the ref in the hopes he'd put a stop to it. Try to imagine the uproar here at the forum if a Bruin acted like that. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!    1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I saw a Bruin player do it once, so dont tell me it never happens to Boston. Of course, he plays in Toronto now for 5 million while you get Seguin and the #9 this year, but still!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

this was his response when questioned about the punching

“It was the fifth one,” Daniel said. “I took six. People are going to call us soft, but what can I do? We’re going to keep taking punches. That is the way we play. If the referees see it, I’m sure they’ll call it.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Violent+Stanley+final+taking+toll+Canucks/4940618/story.html#ixzz1PGXjSjAL

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

at least they know what's coming on wednesday..."we're going to keep taking punches."- the thing is, are they willing to put their dukes up? keep pushing this team around, and they will crumble in vancouver, like they have in boston. ONE MORE WIN!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!! : That sums up why Sedin doesn't get it. When you are being pushed around and blown out of the building, you don't stand there and take 6 punches to the face. You lead by example and fight. Marchand would have gotten the instigator there anyway. Sedin is a pansy. It has nothing to do with being smart.   You fight Marchand and then also get your team into a PP, hoping to cut the lead. And you gain the respect of your team/fire them up.  FAIL
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Picture of Sedin and his coach after the game.

"You can act like a man!!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hate to say it, as much as I enjoyed watching Marchand use Sedin's head like a speedbag, the game was in hand and there wasn't much to be gained by retaliating, except maybe a little pride.  Vancouver is going home and as much as they look beatable in Boston they are fully capable of dishing it out like they did in game 5.  Let's hope Marchand can get under Sedin's skin in game 7 and force him to do something stupid. 

The Bruins have won 3 of 4, let's hope they have the legs and energy (and nastiness) to gut out game 7.  I know they can.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

put it this way.  if he didn't wear a Bruins Jersey, I'd HATE the guy.

but credit where credit is due, the kid can shot, score, skate and HIT as we saw last night.

loved how he pointed to the world that Sedin's a "pansie"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

the Canadians owed big wins to jacque lemaire - a rat. diggers who make things happen win games - this guy can be a franchise player - worth 2 goals a game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Any team in the would pick a so called "Punk" that would  produced +9 Goals in his 1st  year in the NHL. Way to go Marchies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Sedin is such a pansy.  How does he not drop the gloves there. Marchand all but asked him to. 3 times.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

A lot of people seem to be missing the point here.  March is "goading" Sedin.  He's supposedly about the best offensive dangler in the league and those guys usually can't fight, and don't.  They're also told to not get sucked into dumb retaliation situations.  It's ridiculous to attempt to turn danglers into physical muckers.  You surround those guys with toughness.
    The "pansy" moniker should apply to the rest of the Vancouver team.
    If someone bitch-slapped Gretzky up side the head 6 times....he'd have left the ice in a body bag.  In fact the count would have got nowhere near 6.  I doubt it would have got to 2 before the perpretrater paid the ultimate price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!! : A lot of people seem to be missing the point here.  March is "goading" Sedin.  He's supposedly about the best offensive dangler in the league and those guys usually can't fight, and don't.  They're also told to not get sucked into dumb retaliation situations.  It's ridiculous to attempt to turn danglers into physical muckers.  You surround those guys with toughness. The "pansy" moniker should apply to the rest of the Vancouver team. If someone bitch-slapped Gretzky up side the head 6 times....he'd have left the ice in a body bag.  In fact the count would have got nowhere near 6.  I doubt it would have got to 2 before the perpretrater paid the ultimate price.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]If Sedin wasn't going to stick up for himself then someone on the nucks should have.No one, i repeat no one came to his defence. Thats all you need to know about the nucks.What a tight knit team, yeah right.Maybe the Sedins should sign up for the Charles Atlas bodybuilding course so other bully's can't kick sand in their faces.I think they might still be able to send for the booklet from inside a comic book.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MARCHAND WHAT A PUNK!!! : If Sedin wasn't going to stick up for himself then someone on the nucks should have.No one, i repeat no one came to his defence. Thats all you need to know about the nucks.What a tight knit team, yeah right.Maybe the Sedins should sign up for the Charles Atlas bodybuilding course so other bully's can't kick sand in their faces.I think they might still be able to send for the booklet from inside a comic book.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Mario Lemieux took a lot of that kinda stuff too and would swat them with his massive paw.  Had anyone even thought about doing this to gretzky they would have been beaten.  Van has a few guys that did nothing.  Why have a Tanner Glass, he should be booed outta their building.  Rypien and Hordichuk would have said something but Van went away from the hard nosed approach this year.  It may work but man are they a soft bunch. 
    As much as I am not a fan of Thorton he plays his role well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/9275/daniel-sedin-a-punching-back-for-marchand

Did Sedin say something to provoke Marchand?

"No, he didn't say anything before. He was just right there. ... He didn't say anything, he was just kind of taking it," the Bruins winger said.

Why did Marchand keep punching him then?

"
    Because I felt like it," Marchand said

LMFAO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Had to love the four mitts to the face while Sedin just keeps his hand by his side!  Have some pride and at least get your hands up you wuss!
    Posted by cutthroat[/QUOTE]

People of Boston love seeing Marchand punch Sedin in the face (with his gloves on) at the end of a decided game, but they have a complete and total mental fit when Lapierre teases Bergeron.

I can't wait until Marchand is played somewhere else. 

Sections
Shortcuts