Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: Marchand

In Response to Marchand:
    [QUOTE]To watch this kid develop before our eyes, I'm really impressed by his ability to forecheck on the penalty kill and forecheck in general. He's almost like having a very fast Wayne Cashman. Marchand can shoot, he can score, he's a good passer, and he seems to thrive playing with the better B's forwards. He gets my 7th Man Award. He's the new Dave Poulin.  
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

he reminds me of Joe Juneau except he's tougher, might be faster, goes to the net more aggressively and forechecks better.

so like a better Joe Juneau.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Marchand:
    [QUOTE]To watch this kid develop before our eyes, I'm really impressed by his ability to forecheck on the penalty kill and forecheck in general. He's almost like having a very fast Wayne Cashman. Marchand can shoot, he can score, he's a good passer, and he seems to thrive playing with the better B's forwards. He gets my 7th Man Award. He's the new Dave Poulin.  
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I like the Poulin comparison quite a bit.  And I concur with the 7th man award, although I wonder if Campbell should also be in the conversation.  This kid has  quietly been very good for us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have quickly become a huge fan.  He never stops skating, hitting and creating. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Poulin is a good comparison, but I've said from the beginning he reminds me of Kenny Linsman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Linsman is a good comparison. He certainly  helps tp offset Recchi's deterioration

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand:
    [QUOTE]I have quickly become a huge fan.  He never stops skating, hitting and creating. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Be careful here NAS, you might actually be putting a good word in for the 4th liners. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've beeen stunned.  I love being wrong about players that I never thought would be any good. 

I am waiting for this kid to stop surprising me with his all around play.  In a season with so many mixed reviews, Marchand's grade so far is an 'A' plain and simple.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

So far def. the front runner for the 7th man.  He's pretty much been able to fit in for every line/spot he's been asked to play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

He's been our best player on many a night. Love the hustle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

My hab friend buddy was bashing marchand at the begining of the season, but now even he agree's that Marchand is a keeper, and he has never had a good thing to say about a bruin EVER.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I was one of the few that liked the potential of this kid last year and predicted he'd make the team. Ouch, it hurts to try and pat myself on the back. I started calling him a little spit-f***. Plays hard with a ton of heart aggression and fire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

I have to say i agree. He plays on every shift. Fast, it would have been interesting to see how he and Sturm centered by Bery would have done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I also have to say that I stand corrected. A while back posters on here where suggesting that Marchand get moved up from the 4th line, I suggested this would be a mistake because he is a rookie playing really well where he is at and to leave good enough alone. Boy was I wrong!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I agree with Ergoetal. Marchand does seem to click with Bergeron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Kid has been great. We've got a lot of young talent which could make for years of Cup contending teams if we can sign them all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Liked him from min drafted by B's, his play in Juniors and Canadian Juniors was of an elite player. Have stated many times and continue to give him the accolades, he has deserved.

He is not an NHL elite player(YET), but plays with more heart and grit than most elite players.

I hope his play continues to improve as the development to a topliner would be awesome.

5th in plus minus at +14 is also an awesome tribute to his play. 

Hardwork pays off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He will be a Bruin for a long time. Captain material down the line

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand:[QUOTE]I've beeen stunned.  I love being wrong about players that I never thought would be any good.  I am waiting for this kid to stop surprising me with his all around play.  In a season with so many mixed reviews, Marchand's grade so far is an 'A' plain and simple. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Agreed I couldn't say enough how he kept getting knocked off the puck now he just side steps checkers or brushes them off. Great snipe tonight!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Maybe not his overall game, but his forechecking and ability to pokecheck when needed reminds me of Nifty.

Poulin and Linesman are adequate comparisons, and we'll have to wait and see I think if he has the same smarts Juneau had.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Keep him with Bergeron, chemistry indeed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Creative, fearless and willing to stick his head in a buzzsaw for this team -- This kid may still have a few moves we haven't seen yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

What an addition to the team.  The way his eyes lights up when any B scores a goal.  You see him on the bench Mon nite when we scored jumping up and down when Recchi scored?  You see the goal he scored to tie it up.  Even last nite he was a spark plug.  He couldn't wait to get on the ice to "do" something.  Great Canadian kid who wants to win so badly he just never quits. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I started the thread BEFORE HIS HEROICS v. Philly...:-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Marchand has been playing like a top-6 forward over the past few weeks.

4-game point streak: 4gp 3-2-5 +8

Last 10gp 5-3-8 +12

Kid has been playing great.