Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Marchand

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, obviously I can't comment about inside information and personal experiences.  Like I said, I could easily believe that Marchand is a bit of a D-b@g off the ice.  And on the ice.

But I don't know how much his D-b@g personality effects the product on the ice, and I think he's a pretty important piece for this team right now, 3rd line or not.

It's hard for me to get to far vested in who's a good guy and who isn't, since I have been disappointed by so many sports stars I once admired (Bonds, Armstrong, OJ, etc.).  

I work for a City suburb of Denver and once helped oversee a $100,000 donation from Denny Neagle towards a new baseball field complex for Little League kids.  We decided to name to park after him and watched him graciously cut the ribbon with his family.  Awesome guy.  Two weeks later he gets picked up in the ghetto with a $20 prostitute, doing meth and getting a BJ in his car.  Had to change the name of the park when it hit the press.  Being a moral judge of pro athletes gets too complicated for me.

I've stopped assuming that they are good guys unless it is unquestionably proven to be true.  So, I'm left to root for the Bruins and support the players who help the team, while putting very little interest in keeping a moral scorecard of who's signing autographs and acting cool off the ice.  I think I trust Neely and PC to figure that stuff out.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Fletch. I too, was disappointed with OJ's performance in The Naked Gun 2-1/2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, obviously I can't comment about inside information and personal experiences.  Like I said, I could easily believe that Marchand is a bit of a D-b@g off the ice.  And on the ice.

But I don't know how much his D-b@g personality effects the product on the ice, and I think he's a pretty important piece for this team right now, 3rd line or not.

It's hard for me to get to far vested in who's a good guy and who isn't, since I have been disappointed by so many sports stars I once admired (Bonds, Armstrong, OJ, etc.).  

I work for a City suburb of Denver and once helped oversee a $100,000 donation from Denny Neagle towards a new baseball field complex for Little League kids.  We decided to name to park after him and watched him graciously cut the ribbon with his family.  Awesome guy.  Two weeks later he gets picked up in the ghetto with a $20 prostitute, doing meth and getting a BJ in his car.  Had to change the name of the park when it hit the press.  Being a moral judge of pro athletes gets too complicated for me.

I've stopped assuming that they are good guys unless it is unquestionably proven to be true.  So, I'm left to root for the Bruins and support the players who help the team, while putting very little interest in keeping a moral scorecard of who's signing autographs and acting cool off the ice.  I think I trust Neely and PC to figure that stuff out.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Fletch. I too, was disappointed with OJ's performance in The Naked Gun 2-1/2.

[/QUOTE]

Get out of here.  That was a killer performance...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch i agree with everything you said.  But in small towns across canada we want our little guys to follow the lead of their hockey heros.  As you know Glen Murray is a good friend.  From the time he went to sudbury to the draft to millions to retirement hes the same guy i grew up with.  He had a 98 nissan pathfinder that he leaves in NS.  Obviously he has a nice place in LA but the point is he never forgot what got him there which was hard work and being honest.  Im proud his picture is signed and in my little guys room next to the chara picture.  

Its hard in small areas bc we see him a lot.  Crosby meanwhile is always just showing up at practices and events.  As soon as the media gets hold of it a 6am novice practice is full with people watching.  Hes a true role model and my little guy has his jersey.  NS doesnt produce a lot of NHLers.  marchand came from money, had issues in minor hockey, junior hockey and his im greater then the world tude is brutal.  My little guy plays in the same rink he held his cup celebration at.  His # is painted in the entry way.   His brother Jeff is a great guy.  They look alike.  Hes a decent hockey player as well but works for the family business.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

You're Murrary story is great, but in reality, that Maritime understatedness we both admire, is hardly the norm anywhere, especially in pro sport.

Like Marchand, Crosby went to school here in Moncton, and I know a lot of kids who were friends with both.  Crosby was quiet and reserved.  Marchand outgoing, and rambunctious.  One had lots of friends, the other not so many.   Most people old enough to be their parents(you and I), warm right up to the Crosby type, because they're so respectful and predictable.  I have adult friends who deal regularly with Crosby in the off-season, and they love him.

The kids though, see it differently(and when we were their age...we did too).  Even though his HS years are ancient history, Marchand still regularly keeps in touch with his old buds, and they think he's great.  Not so with Crosby.

You're incredibly overstating Marchands personal flaws, and attempting to introduce them as fact, not opinion.  Trying to publicly convince others to share your dislike is malicious gossip.  

And, anyone who's played as much hockey as you say you have, should know that excessive drinking and drugs...,cockiness,  BJ's, $20 hookers...arrogance and entitlement are unfortunately commonplace in circles dominated by child millionaires.

When we go 'beyond the games", how we see our pro athletes, is nothing more than a mirage...a personal creation we've come up with.  Probably best not to go there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

F him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fletch i agree with everything you said.  But in small towns across canada we want our little guys to follow the lead of their hockey heros.  As you know Glen Murray is a good friend.  From the time he went to sudbury to the draft to millions to retirement hes the same guy i grew up with.  He had a 98 nissan pathfinder that he leaves in NS.  Obviously he has a nice place in LA but the point is he never forgot what got him there which was hard work and being honest.  Im proud his picture is signed and in my little guys room next to the chara picture.  

Its hard in small areas bc we see him a lot.  Crosby meanwhile is always just showing up at practices and events.  As soon as the media gets hold of it a 6am novice practice is full with people watching.  Hes a true role model and my little guy has his jersey.  NS doesnt produce a lot of NHLers.  marchand came from money, had issues in minor hockey, junior hockey and his im greater then the world tude is brutal.  My little guy plays in the same rink he held his cup celebration at.  His # is painted in the entry way.   His brother Jeff is a great guy.  They look alike.  Hes a decent hockey player as well but works for the family business.  

[/QUOTE]

Interesting stuff, shupe.  I'll take your word for it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Regarding the Marchand-Crosby off-ice comparisons, I honestly don't see the obligation of personal appearances, charity work, etc.  There is, and always has been MANY pro-athletes that are/were just like Marchand.  It's the person's choice.  Do I agree with it?  I guess I'm on the fence, and that's the way I handled it.  I'd try to keep in mind how I was as a kid, asking for autographs and feeling so special when an athlete took the time to sign and talk to me.  But, you later understand why some others were aloof.  I guess it's all about personalities.

As far as on-ice, let me say my first favorite hockey player was Kenny Linseman.  So you should have a good idea how I feel about Marchand.  The dude's an important element to that team.  Crosby?  Can't stand the whining, complaining, cry-baby p*ke.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

shupe, what your deal?

[/QUOTE]

Habs fan, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought outside a few games he was invisible in the playoffs.  I could see him getting dealt.  Th more i hear about this arrogant little terd the less i like him.  In these parts he is very much disliked.   

[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you are a habs or maplelaughs fan. Your true colore are showing!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/marchand-looks-capitalize-third-chance

“I don’t think it matters who you play with on this team,” said Marchand. “We have a great team and everyone’s in the NHL for a reason. It’s just . . . I have to be better and I know that and [being demoted to the third line has] been a wake-up call.

“I’m not blind. I know I don’t have the most skill in the league and I just have to have faith in myself and get back to the game. You get in that summer hockey routine, and I kind of dragged that into the season a bit. I have to get away from that and get back to playing good hockey.”

“I think it’s very easy to tell that, after my suspension I’ve calmed down a lot in that area," said Marchand. "It is tough, I don’t want to be sitting out 8-10 games if I do something wrong again. You do have to juggle that, but at the same time I have to do my job and just try to play physical when I can.”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're Murrary story is great, but in reality, that Maritime understatedness we both admire, is hardly the norm anywhere, especially in pro sport.

Like Marchand, Crosby went to school here in Moncton, and I know a lot of kids who were friends with both.  Crosby was quiet and reserved.  Marchand outgoing, and rambunctious.  One had lots of friends, the other not so many.   Most people old enough to be their parents(you and I), warm right up to the Crosby type, because they're so respectful and predictable.  I have adult friends who deal regularly with Crosby in the off-season, and they love him.

The kids though, see it differently(and when we were their age...we did too).  Even though his HS years are ancient history, Marchand still regularly keeps in touch with his old buds, and they think he's great.  Not so with Crosby.

You're incredibly overstating Marchands personal flaws, and attempting to introduce them as fact, not opinion.  Trying to publicly convince others to share your dislike is malicious gossip.  

And, anyone who's played as much hockey as you say you have, should know that excessive drinking and drugs...,cockiness,  BJ's, $20 hookers...arrogance and entitlement are unfortunately commonplace in circles dominated by child millionaires.

When we go 'beyond the games", how we see our pro athletes, is nothing more than a mirage...a personal creation we've come up with.  Probably best not to go there.

[/QUOTE]

You dont understand steve.  Its not gossip.  I hear what parents say.  I have heard what he has done in bars.  I have witnessed him in public.  Im not trying to convince anyone in here to dislike him.  I personally dont.  And its for his off ice actions or lack there of.  I hope my kid never gets snubbed by this guy, not likely though bc he couldnt give a rats azz.  

We live in a small subdiv outside halifax.  Its not toronto.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smith did not look out of place at all yesterday. Brad looks to me like he is protecting an injury it seems. Right now Marchand can't win a battle along the boards to save his life. The pass he made right to the Blue Jacket at the blueline, i've never seen him make a mistake like that.

Marchand will make his way back up, he's too good.

[/QUOTE]
    I think you nailed it SDB. Maybe something about that hard hit by Abdelkader near Marchand's head about a week ago vs Detroit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

You dont understand steve.  Its not gossip.  I hear what parents say.  I have heard what he has done in bars.  I have witnessed him in public.  Im not trying to convince anyone in here to dislike him.  I personally dont.  And its for his off ice actions or lack there of.  I hope my kid never gets snubbed by this guy, not likely though bc he couldnt give a rats azz.  

We live in a small subdiv outside halifax.  Its not toronto.  

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go right ahead and explain to us how those next two sentences aren't considered "gossip". I'll wait.

Sections
Shortcuts