Marchund deserved a little more in his defense from his mates...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Marchund deserved a little more in his defense from his mates...

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Nice 9th by Hanrahan tonight

Looked a lot like the Bruins third, a regular occurrance.

I just double checked the box score.  The B's didn't trail at any time during the game according to it.  Which feed did you watch because I missed the one where they blew the lead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Maybe he's not well liked by his teammates. It's possible he is a mouth piece and I'm sure hes not well liked around the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

The topic of the thread was the (lack of) response from the Bs after the hit. I got that the hit was on Marchand, despite the spelling error, pretty sure everyone else did too.. i was looking to see what others were thinking about this because i am worried that they did Not step up to defend him or at very least send a message that the bruins dont tolerate cheap shots. Team toughness is a very important part of this team and they will not go far without it. I am hoping the reason for this is that no one on the ice saw it otherwise this team is in trouble. That hit should have pissed them off and they shoud have been physical and relentless after this but instead they let the 'lost 7straight' devils come back within one.

This little feud takes that discussion away and replaces it with 2 guys trying to 'pump their tires' about misspelling a name and potentially having listed centers that werent centers at some point in the past (i say potentially because i did not see this). 

I realize that i dont contribute a lot to this forum as i dont post that much, but i do read it daily because most of the regular posters have a pretty good knowledge of bruins and hockey and i‘m interested in what you have to say. That being said, it would be nice to not have these feuds break out so regularly over nothing and completely take over an otherwise interesting topic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BigPapaBear72's comment:

The topic of the thread was the (lack of) response from the Bs after the hit. I got that the hit was on Marchand, despite the spelling error, pretty sure everyone else did too.. i was looking to see what others were thinking about this because i am worried that they did Not step up to defend him or at very least send a message that the bruins dont tolerate cheap shots.

Chara chased down Emelin after his cheap shot on Seguin.  Did that send a message?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The topic of the thread was the (lack of) response from the Bs after the hit. I got that the hit was on Marchand, despite the spelling error, pretty sure everyone else did too.. i was looking to see what others were thinking about this because i am worried that they did Not step up to defend him or at very least send a message that the bruins dont tolerate cheap shots.

Chara chased down Emelin after his cheap shot on Seguin.  Did that send a message?

I felt it did yeah. In hindsight though, maybe it didn't. At the time i felt they lost the game because of the Chara penalty but if you're going to lose, this is how you'd want to lose... they lost a game but they gained in team strenght and so on... You're right though, in hindsight afterallwe've seen since, it doesnt look like it accomplished anything except handing the game over to mtl... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Just a phone hearing for Volchenkov. Does that mean a max of 3 or 5 games?? BS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

I think so. You'd think he'd get more being a repeat offender. Maybe the shortened season means a shorter suspension. Marchand doesn't have the best rep either, maybe that weighs in as well?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I think so. You'd think he'd get more being a repeat offender. Maybe the shortened season means a shorter suspension. Marchand doesn't have the best rep either, maybe that weighs in as well?

Having a bad reputation shouldn't come into play in a decision when you are the victim. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Compare this to some of the other suspensions.  We're a little gunshy about headshots here, but this doesn't seem like the most violent action we've seen.  Suspending a guy for more than five games is a really big deal.  Regardless of the injury, this doesn't look all that violent.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=167025

Keith got five games for almost taking off Sedin's head.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Having a bad reputation shouldn't come into play in a decision when you are the victim. 

I fully agree it shouldn't but still think it does... They wouldn't say so but 3 to 5 for a blatant hit like that, where you cant make the case that it's a 'hockey play gone wrong' imo, Volchenkov was suspended before for hit to the head and still only gets a phone hearing. This coming from a league who's supposedly serious about taking these hits to the head out of the game..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Compare this to some of the other suspensions.  We're a little gunshy about headshots here, but this doesn't seem like the most violent action we've seen.  Suspending a guy for more than five games is a really big deal.  Regardless of the injury, this doesn't look all that violent.

True, good example NAS. keeping things in perspective i guess 2 to 3 games shoukd be expected for this one

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

yeah.. true it is a typo.. I do know he play left wing tho... now tell us again NAS who the greatest centers are???? .... 

That dig won't work.  I owned that one right away.  It happens.

The "A" and the "U" are pretty far away from each other on the keyboard.

Why does he come here?  Can he be added to the list of trolls or what.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not really a troll as much as a dope.

I've added him to my personal DNR (do not reply) list.  RWTK style.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

True, good example NAS. keeping things in perspective i guess 2 to 3 games shoukd be expected for this one

I Will be the first to admit that I am biased towards the Bruins but I just thought it would be in person so the possibility of more games. I never actually thought is would be more than 3 or 4 tho. Good example NAS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What do you want, someone to find him in the parking lot?

The guys on the ice didn't see it and then Volchenkov got kicked out of the game.  Not much to be done there.  Except win the game, which they did.

Should Volchenkov get smacked around the next time they see him?  Yes.

I'm guessing he'll be suspended until next year anyhow.

Completely false statement!  Watch the video!  Jagr was looking right at the hit and it was mentioned on the NBC broadcast that he bumped Volchenkov.  Bumped?  Give me a break, Ference, Campbell, Boychuk, and Jagr were all well aware of the cheap shot that took place.  We can all argue whether they should have done something, but there is no way you can say that they didn't see it or know what happened!  Ference steps in for what in Montreal? But does nothing except help his concussed teammate off the ice, SMFH!  If Jagr took that same cheap shot, do you think that Marchand would of just bumped Volchenkov?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

yeah.. true it is a typo.. I do know he play left wing tho... now tell us again NAS who the greatest centers are???? ....

That dig won't work.  I owned that one right away.  It happens.

The "A" and the "U" are pretty far away from each other on the keyboard.

He likes to see your Ipad wizardry and call for more leaving-your-feet-headshots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

No excuse for everyone not losing it after seeing that- and yeh they saw it, Campbell was right on top of it. This is symptomatic of an emotional disconnect that this team has adpoted. Thats what all the b1tching has been about, Losing is one thing, it happens to everyone - This ? hard to root for, and as a Bruin fan that really sucks. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The guys on the ice didn't see it 

Fletch, you are one of my faves, but I have to disagree here.  Jagr was looking right at the play and Campbell was right there.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v0xWleT6pw

Jagr came in to pull the Devil out of there...But Campbell just kind of steps back.  Its hard to tell if he was looking in the right direction at the point of contact; however, he should have been able to deduce what happened...And he should have done something.  He didnt even help Marchand off the ice.  Thats Ference whose legs you see in the video.  

Very dissapointed w/ Campbell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Completely false statement!  Watch the video!  Jagr was looking right at the hit and it was mentioned on the NBC broadcast that he bumped Volchenkov.  Bumped?  Give me a break, Ference, Campbell, Boychuk, and Jagr were all well aware of the cheap shot that took place.  We can all argue whether they should have done something, but there is no way you can say that they didn't see it or know what happened!  Ference steps in for what in Montreal? But does nothing except help his concussed teammate off the ice, SMFH!  If Jagr took that same cheap shot, do you think that Marchand would of just bumped Volchenkov?  

In a fast paced game, one of the players would have to be staring directly at Marchand's head to see it happen.  Campbell was right there, looking at the puck.  Jagr was out at the dot.  This wasn't a two handed chop or an elbow that caused him to throw his head back.  It wasn't an "oh my God" play.  It was more like a "what happened there?" play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The guys on the ice didn't see it 

Fletch, you are one of my faves, but I have to disagree here.  Jagr was looking right at the play and Campbell was right there.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v0xWleT6pw

Jagr came in to pull the Devil out of there...But Campbell just kind of steps back.  Its hard to tell if he was looking in the right direction at the point of contact; however, he should have been able to deduce what happened...And he should have done something.  He didnt even help Marchand off the ice.  Thats Ference whose legs you see in the video.  

Very dissapointed w/ Campbell.

Notice at exactly 17 seconds.  Campbell backs away, Ference steps forward.  Campbell just looking confused and lost.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In a fast paced game, one of the players would have to be staring directly at Marchand's head to see it happen.  Campbell was right there, looking at the puck.  Jagr was out at the dot.  This wasn't a two handed chop or an elbow that caused him to throw his head back.  It wasn't an "oh my God" play.  It was more like a "what happened there?" play.

Exactly 38 seconds into the above video, Jagr was looking right at the play.  Then look at the look of disgust on Jagrs face at 1:22.  He saw it (which is why he came in w/ a hit to the back of Volchenkov).  He also helped Marchand off the ice.  No issue w/ Jagr.  

However, it looks like Campbell was still trying to peice together what happened when he should have figured it out.  Maybe Jagr wasnt vocal enough.  But between Jagrs reaction and Marchand lying there, Campbell should have done more than back away looking confused.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

However, it looks like Campbell was still trying to peice together what happened when he should have figured it out.  Maybe Jagr wasnt vocal enough.  But between Jagrs reaction and Marchand lying there, Campbell should have done more than back away looking confused.

Didn't you hear, Gregory is a scorer now....besides, watching Campbell getting his a** kicked is not really what one would call retribution.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Campbell didn't see what happened.  He was just looking at the puck.  He even tried to get the puck when it's in between Marchand's legs.  I would assume that Ference didn't see it because he's always the first to jump in whenever he saw questionable hits in the past.  I think Jagr's the only one that saw it.  That's why he's the only one who gave him a shove after it happened.  I think that's as big a shove or punch we'll see from Jagr, ever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Didn't you hear, Gregory is a scorer now....besides, watching Campbell getting his a** kicked is not really what one would call retribution.

The criticism on the Bruins (of late) has been a lack of passion/fire.  It was very apparent on this play.  Campbell wasnt even trying to figure out what happened.  He just backed away confused.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Campbell didn't see what happened.  He was just looking at the puck.  He even tried to get the puck when it's in between Marchand's legs.  I would assume that Ference didn't see it because he's always the first to jump in whenever he saw questionable hits in the past.  I think Jagr's the only one that saw it.  That's why he's the only one who gave him a shove after it happened.  I think that's as big a shove or punch we'll see from Jagr, ever.

I agree , but why does he have to see what happened to react?  And I dont necessarily mean react in a violent or retaliative fashion.  I mean react....at all....

Sections
Shortcuts