Marchund deserved a little more in his defense from his mates...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Marchund deserved a little more in his defense from his mates...

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Didn't you hear, Gregory is a scorer now....besides, watching Campbell getting his a** kicked is not really what one would call retribution.

I was thinking of posting something like this.  As much as Campbell usually stands up for his teammates, I'm not sure it would have done much given his fighting prowess.

I suspect Marchand not going down right away may have increased his confusion.  Unless a reporter asks directly though, we'll never know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

At the very least, he could have pulled the othe red jersey (not volchedouche) out of there.  The red jersey that skated right by him as he was staring off into space.  Ference and Jagr reacted appropriately.  This isnt on the Bruins as a whole.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The criticism on the Bruins (of late) has been a lack of passion/fire.  It was very apparent on this play.  Campbell wasnt even trying to figure out what happened.  He just backed away confused.  

I am not sure it is a lack of passion/fire as much as it may be a mandate from CJ. This team seems to be going out of its way to leave as little physical footprint as possible. Perhaps the league told PC that the team needed to be reigned in?

Just speculating but the difference between the 2013 B's and the team of the last two years in terms of passion/physicality is astounding. And this is essentially the same roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I suspect Marchand not going down right away may have increased his confusion.  Unless a reporter asks directly though, we'll never know.

This makes the most sense, really. He is an honest player and probably was not sure so he did not want to jump the gun so to speak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The criticism on the Bruins (of late) has been a lack of passion/fire.  It was very apparent on this play.  Campbell wasnt even trying to figure out what happened.  He just backed away confused.  

I am not sure it is a lack of passion/fire as much as it may be a mandate from CJ. This team seems to be going out of its way to leave as little physical footprint as possible. Perhaps the league told PC that the team needed to be reigned in?

Just speculating but the difference between the 2013 B's and the team of the last two years in terms of passion/physicality is astounding. And this is essentially the same roster.

Completely agree.  Regarding your speculation: how long will this continue?  How far will it go?  So, becasue of our reputation, other teams are allowed to cheap shot our players at will, and aren't even allowed to grab a jersey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

This makes the most sense, really. He is an honest player and probably was not sure so he did not want to jump the gun so to speak.

Pulling a red jersey out of there , when your teammate is on the ice...Trying to figure out what happened, tending to your fallen comrade would not have been jumping the gun.  Im not saying that he should have just started throwing punches...He should have reacted in the same manner that Ference did.  Ference didnt see the play either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Look at how long it takes Campbell to turn around, then look at the absolute lack of body language when he does finally turn around.  Its like he's going out of his way to pretend like he's confused so he doesnt have to react.  Its like hes playing dumb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pulling a red jersey out of there , when your teammate is on the ice...Trying to figure out what happened, tending to your fallen comrade would not have been jumping the gun.  Im not saying that he should have just started throwing punches...He should have reacted in the same manner that Ference did.  Ference didnt see the play either.

Of course, a retaliatory penalty taken by him could also result in a demotion back to the 4rth line with ST and Caron....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Completely agree.  Regarding your speculation: how long will this continue?  How far will it go?  So, becasue of our reputation, other teams are allowed to cheap shot our players at will, and aren't even allowed to grab a jersey?

Because it is just speculation, I would have no clue on its length. But I also think it goes a long way into understanding the lack of snarl from the likes of Lucic et al...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He doesnt even look surprised.  If he didnt know what happened: why was he not shocked when he turned around and saw Marchand (his body language shows that he wasnt shocked)...If he did know what happened, why did it take him so long to turn around?

You know how people jerk their head back when they see something that surprises them?  Like a what just happened here head jerk?  Nothing.  You know how people drop what they are holding when something surprises them?  Nothing.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Of course, a retaliatory penalty taken by him could also result in a demotion back to the 4rth line with ST and Caron....

Im not asking him to take a penatly  / throw a punch.  Im asking him to give a crap.  Ference did not take a penalty or throw a punch and I have no issues w Ference.  Watch the video and keep your eye on Campbell.  Dum-de-dum-dum-dum (as he slowly turns around)...Oh, Marchand is on the ice....hm, wonder what hes doing down there....dum-de-dum-dum-dum.

Its like he's stoned or something?  Dez?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Come on, Dr. Drew.  As if you're going to analyze what was going through his head.

This is RWTK-esque.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He doesnt even look surprised.  If he didnt know what happened: why was he not shocked when he turned around and saw Marchand (his body language shows that he wasnt shocked)...If he did know what happened, why did it take him so long to turn around?

You know how people jerk their head back when they see something that surprises them?  Like a what just happened here head jerk?  Nothing.  You know how people drop what they are holding when something surprises them?  Nothing.  

Campbell has taken more beatings on behalf of his teammates than any single guy I can remember in B's history.  Questioning his heart of his committment to his teammates is absurd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Im not asking him to take a penatly  / throw a punch.  Im asking him to give a crap.

Drew, these are the Bruins we are talking about, Campbell may have gotten an unsportsmanlike call just for asking what happened out there...Tongue Out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Campbell has taken more beatings on behalf of his teammates than any single guy I can remember in B's history.  Questioning his heart of his committment to his teammates is absurd.

Thats a good point, and I can give him the benefit of the doubt once I make my peace with losing another Bruin to a concussion (which I havent yet).  His body language on the play is just so odd.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What do you want, someone to find him in the parking lot?

The guys on the ice didn't see it and then Volchenkov got kicked out of the game.  Not much to be done there.  Except win the game, which they did.

Should Volchenkov get smacked around the next time they see him?  Yes.

I'm guessing he'll be suspended until next year anyhow.

Great post!  Campbell was on the ice but if you watch the replay, he didn't see the hit and then the officials had Volchenkov off the ice faster than most posters can spell M-A-R-C-H-A-N-D correctly.  I do think a physical response would help this team rediscover its moxie but the situation didn't lend itself last night. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I think the officials didn't help either.  Eight short-handed situations last night - on a few seemingly ridiculous calls.  The Bruins are probably expecting for the next call to go against them and not wanting to give the stripes any excuses to make another questionable call.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Absurd?  Fire all the coaches!  We are not talking about in general here.  We are talking about a specific incident that happened in which he did not take a beating on behalf of his teammate.  If any of you think that the other 4 guys on the ice did not know that Marchand was cheap shotted, you must think they are complete idiots.  The guy was grabbing his head for cying out loud, he didn't get hit with a puck or a stick, he got drilled in the head by a check, whether they could see the forearm/elbow or not is immaterial.  Many have complained on bdc that too many times players jump a guy after a clean hit, to which I say, why did nobody err on that side last night?  Go after him and ask questions later.  You hate the staged fights of the skating clowns. Here is an incident that should incite a riot and you are like, they didn't see it.  give me a break!  You and others can come up with any excuse you want, but the fact remains that another player gets concussed on a dirty hit and no Bruins player does a thing about it!   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to huscroft28's comment:

I think the officials didn't help either.  Eight short-handed situations last night - on a few seemingly ridiculous calls.  The Bruins are probably expecting for the next call to go against them and not wanting to give the stripes any excuses to make another questionable call.

If that is what is going through your head when your teammate is down on the ice from a dirty hit to the head, you need to check yourself!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

If Marchand can't go tonight, Fluto's positing that it will be Paille / Campbell / Jagr.

But I'm thinking...

Seguin / Campbell / Jagr might be the more likely (and preferable) scenario.

Claude was trying this combination in the last few shifts of last night's game>

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

what is this Buffalo????

Volchenkov was ejected immediately so what do u want them to do??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to BigPapaBear72's comment:

The topic of the thread was the (lack of) response from the Bs after the hit. I got that the hit was on Marchand, despite the spelling error, pretty sure everyone else did too.. i was looking to see what others were thinking about this because i am worried that they did Not step up to defend him or at very least send a message that the bruins dont tolerate cheap shots. Team toughness is a very important part of this team and they will not go far without it. I am hoping the reason for this is that no one on the ice saw it otherwise this team is in trouble. That hit should have pissed them off and they shoud have been physical and relentless after this but instead they let the 'lost 7straight' devils come back within one.

This little feud takes that discussion away and replaces it with 2 guys trying to 'pump their tires' about misspelling a name and potentially having listed centers that werent centers at some point in the past (i say potentially because i did not see this). 

I realize that i dont contribute a lot to this forum as i dont post that much, but i do read it daily because most of the regular posters have a pretty good knowledge of bruins and hockey and i‘m interested in what you have to say. That being said, it would be nice to not have these feuds break out so regularly over nothing and completely take over an otherwise interesting topic.

excellant post!! agree 100%

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

what is this Buffalo????

Immediately?  Please look at 9 second mark!  Another excuse!

http://nesn.com/2013/04/anton-volchenkovs-hit-on-brad-marchand-reckless-careless-and-certainly-worthy-of-suspension/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to xdrive's comment:

what is this Buffalo????

Immediately?  Please look at 9 second mark!  Another excuse!

http://nesn.com/2013/04/anton-volchenkovs-hit-on-brad-marchand-reckless-careless-and-certainly-worthy-of-suspension/

clod just spoke  said bruins teams of past would have retaliated,  THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES

on csnne.com joe haggerty

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Immediate Response: No...

...happened very fast.  I watched the replay a few times,  and I believe Jagr was the only one who saw it.  The replay shows that Campbell did not see it as I'm sure he would have manned up.  I'm unsure if the D saw it.  If they did, than I agree with the sentiment of this discussion topic. 

Later in the game response:...  Yes...but the perpetrator was out of the game.   I still think it will be coming to Volchenkov.  An argument could be made for gooning it up in the 3rd period but as another poster put it, they were too worried about the 2 points and holing the lead.    

Overall, the B's have been very good about sticking up for each other this year.