Marco Sturm announces retirement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marco Sturm announces retirement

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/sturm-okay-if-great-run-nhl-over

Miss that Goal Face!

Edit: I know there was probably a thread in October but just couldn't remember. So today it is officially a forgone conclusion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Marco Sturm announces retirement

Who was the poster who penned the immortal Doors parody: Ryder's out with Sturm, the Newfie and the Germ...?

Sturm was a pretty useful cog in the B's struggle back to respectability.  Always had to carry that shadow of being a piece of the JT trade.  He never did recover from that last knee injury, not really.  Pride must have taken a hit when he was traded to LA for...nothing...because the Bruins had to make a move once someone was coming back off of LTIR.  Was it Savard? 

All due respect to Sturm, though, this (and Redden's retirement) is a bit like my vow to stop sleeping with SI Swimsuit Cover Models.  Not really my choice no matter how I spin it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Who was the poster who penned the immortal Doors parody: Ryder's out with Sturm, the Newfie and the Germ...?

Sturm was a pretty useful cog in the B's struggle back to respectability.  Always had to carry that shadow of being a piece of the JT trade.  He never did recover from that last knee injury, not really.  Pride must have taken a hit when he was traded to LA for...nothing...because the Bruins had to make a move once someone was coming back off of LTIR.  Was it Savard? 

All due respect to Sturm, though, this (and Redden's retirement) is a bit like my vow to stop sleeping with SI Swimsuit Cover Models.  Not really my choice no matter how I spin it.

Trust me on this, WAY too much overhead with all of those SI Swimsuit models, no matter how many I sleep with, they are invariably a pain in the ...  

huh?  what?  I just woke up at my keyboard.  I believe I was typing in my sleep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Another Rob Ford delusion below Bookboy?

I always liked Sturm, he was fast, competitive, and clutch.  Is he still living in Boston?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Another Rob Ford delusion below Bookboy?

I always liked Sturm, he was fast, competitive, and clutch.  Is he still living in Boston?  

Florida i believe and i concur with Sandog, one of the all time greatest goal scoring faces, sorta like Jack in "The Shining", Here's Marco!!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I always liked "Herr Goal Face", he scored some timely goals for the B's (unlike the guy he was traded for, but that's another story). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Isla - he's been playing in Germany.  Cologne Sharks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

He now resides in Florida, coaching his son Mason's team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That game 6 goal against the Habs is one of my favoirte B's moments. Him holding onto it then putting it in, Neely going nuts upstairs and Jack Edwards yelling how the building was shaking...A big moment in the revival of a franchise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That dude played hard.  We certainly couldn't ask for him to give any more than he did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That game 6 goal against the Habs is one of my favoirte B's moments. Him holding onto it then putting it in, Neely going nuts upstairs and Jack Edwards yelling how the building was shaking...A big moment in the revival of a franchise.

I remember that goal like it was yesterday. Even though they eventually lost game 7 of that series to the Habs, you are bang on about it being a revival of the franchise. I honestly think that goal in that atmoshere was the moment the franchise turned for the better. I always respected Sturm and wish him well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Miss that Goal Face!

Edit: I know there was probably a thread in October but just couldn't remember. So today it is officially a forgone conclusion.

I love that picture !!  Man he sure did score some clutch goals during his time in Boston !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Hard to dislike the guy, although I'm sure some nitwit on this board blasted him at some point :P

Dank Herr Sturm. Glück zu Ihnen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Always liked Marco's game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

And the Sturminator retires......good for him. Liked him during his time as a Bruin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

True member of the Bruins family............

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Hard to dislike the guy, although I'm sure some nitwit on this board blasted him at some point :P

Right, particularly when I dared to suggest signing him (as Miro Šatan 2.0) during last season.

Danke, Marco - schone Deine Knie und geniess Deinen wohlverdienten Ruhestand in Florida - alles Gute!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Right, particularly when I dared to suggest signing him (as Miro Šatan 2.0) during last season.

Danke, Marco - schone Deine Knie und geniess Deinen wohlverdienten Ruhestand in Florida - alles Gute!

MrHulot, who is going after his knees? Does he need protection? NAS is there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Miss that Goal Face!

What a great photo, good find San!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I'll never forget his Game Six winner against Montreal to set up game 7, in 2008.

There is still a crack in my living room ceiling where I hit my head, jumping after that goal. It will stay unrepaired as long as I live.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

False alarm, Don-Bruino. It means "rest your knees" in German; Google translate got it wrong, trust me. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

False alarm, Don-Bruino. It means "rest your knees" in German; Google translate got it wrong, trust me. 

My Deutche is weak. I got it wrong too. :P Had to look up well-deserved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He was a good guy. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

My Deutche is weak. I got it wrong too. :P Had to look up well-deserved.

Don't worry about it - "if you don't use it, you'll lose it", simple as that.

Sections
Shortcuts