Mark My Words

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: Mark My Words

I doubt it but I hope you're right.  Even if he's out there on the power play or the penalty kill it would be a huge emotional lift for the Bruins and response from the crowd in the TD Garden would be deafening. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

In Response to Re: Mark My Words:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : And Fletcher, he wasn't on the ice because he can't skate, doesn't mean he didn't do anything behind doors...
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

This, if true, would be unbelievably good news and would give the Bruins a massive boost and the Lightning a crushing, deflating blow. It sounds too good to be true, but man, do I hope you're right.

Imagine the Lightning taking the Garden ice Saturday night and seeing 37 come out for Boston and the crowd going NUTS, all of this after the Lightning gameplanned all week for the Bruins without Bergeron and the Bolts figuring they wouldn't see Bergy for 3 or 4 games. Wow. That would be something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevemac33. Show stevemac33's posts

whether he plays or not (everything we read insists he'll sit at least gms 1 and 2 - seguin pencilled in), the Bs can and should win, though it'll be a little tougher without bergy in the faceoff circle and on the forecheck...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevemac33. Show stevemac33's posts

sharks about to beat Detroit, btw....looking ahead (a bit too far, perhaps), jumbo joe vs. the bruins for the Cup is pretty intruiging, huh ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : Patrice Bergeron has yet to resume any physical activities following his concussion last Friday. - Fluto Shinzawa. THAT is what you call a source close to the bruins...a real source, not a made up source. He says Bergeron did nothing, I'm not saying I don't hope Bergeron is back saturday, I pray he is, but I just don't see that happening. If you do, I think you are pretty crazy
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my point Jake -- that from what I have heard Bergeron is not doing any workouts.  You would think if he were gearing up to play on Saturday he would be riding the bike or doing something.

You may be right about him and I don't mean to laugh you off, but please understand that the terms "mark my words" and "inside source" are two of the most tired and laughable terms you see on this board.  They pop up all the time and are almost never reliable.  Most times that someone brags about an 'inside source' and then vehemently refuses to reveal it (even though nobody asked), it is the last we hear from them for a long time.

I hope you are the exception, for real.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : Yeah, that was my point Jake -- that from what I have heard Bergeron is not doing  any workouts.  You would think if he were gearing up to play on Saturday he would be riding the bike or doing something. You may be right about him and I don't mean to laugh you off, but please understand that the terms "mark my words" and "inside source" are two of the most tired and laughable terms you see on this board.  They pop up all the time and are almost never reliable.  Most times that someone brags about an 'inside source' and then vehemently refuses to reveal it (even though nobody asked), it is the last we hear from them for a long time. I hope you are the exception, for real.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I hope I am right too Fletcher!1.  I should have picked another title for my post "mark my words" was not a good choice.  I am not vehemently refusing to divulge my source, I just don't think it is right to bring them into this.  It could be completely wrong, if it is I apologize.  We shall see. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Julien reiterated that center Patrice Bergeron will miss the beginning of the best-of-seven series. He just isn't sure how long he will be sidelined because of the concussion he suffered in Game 4 against the Flyers.

"He's improving, he really is improving and we're optimistic about him,'' Julien said. "How much he's going to miss, I can't tell you right now. He's on the right track. I'm not going to say much more because when it comes to concussions, you've got good news and you've got setbacks. You've got all kinds of things that can happen. So I'm not going to stand here and change my tune every day except to tell you that right now it's going in the right direction.''

that is from the bruins blog...okay, are you ready to admit that your crackpot source is wrong now?

Listen, some people are more gullible than others, do us all a favor and stop posting crap like this, because some people might believe you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Can't do any workouts until he is Symptom free for 7 days..Not 7 days from when it happened, but 7 days from symptom free per league rules. Saturday is the 7th day unless the started the clock that night which i highly doubt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Can't do any workouts until he is Symptom free for 7 days..Not 7 days from when it happened, but 7 days from symptom free per league rules. Saturday is the 7th day unless the started the clock that night which i highly doubt.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

On ice workouts or any workouts? 

I thought he could still ride the bike or do things like that, in the 7 day period. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : On ice workouts or any workouts?  I thought he could still ride the bike or do things like that, in the 7 day period. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

he can

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

The Bruins should hire Montreals' medical staff.  They surely would have Bergeron back on the ice for the game Saturday.  They cured a broken neck and  a severe concussion in a couple weeks afterall, Bergeron's mild concussion would be a peice of cake for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : And if you're wrong, and we've marked your words?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

My guess would be someone gets added to yuour "do not respond list"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]PC in his press conference on Tuesday said that it was for sure that Seguin would start the series.  As of yesturday Bergeron was still having symptoms and he has to be free from symptom for a week before he can play.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

I don't know that he is symtpom free but I also had not heard that he was still having symptoms as of Wednesday.  Are you sure about that, do you have a source.  I was under the impression that the Bruins as an organization had specifically banned the term "syptom free".

Can anyone tell me if they have a link for Bergeron's most recent symptoms? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : he can

can't do anything hockey related until 7 days has passed since he was deemed symptom free. Rule put in by the NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

he can ride the bike.

btw NHL on the fly via NHL network: "Patrice Bergeron will not be ready for game 1"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

the more i think about this thread, i think jake1977 should be marked as a troll

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

jake, your words were marked, your source was made up, and you were wrong

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

But he did skate today.

That's a plus.

But with that said, Jake's source is still no source.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah Bergeron played tonight..... NOT!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wonder how Jake and his source are getting along?

Funny thing is, Bergeron's replacement was the best player on the ice for the B's (not saying much).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In Response to Mark My Words:
    [QUOTE]Bergeron will play Saturday...

You mean May 21st?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]jake, your words were marked, your source was made up, and you were wrong

I apologize for being wrong, but my source was not made up.  I got some bad info and never should have posted it.  I don't post all that often but do from time to time when I have time.  You can mark me as a troll if you want. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : I apologize for being wrong, but my source was not made up.  I got some bad info and never should have posted it.  I don't post all that often but do from time to time when I have time.  You can mark me as a troll if you want. 

You're not a troll, Jake, but you did make an error here.  The old "my inside source" routine is weak, and even weaker when the first time you put it up, you're 50/50 shot comes up short.

Instead of trying to impress people with whom you know (which isn't impressive at all), just hang out and talk hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : You're not a troll, Jake, but you did make an error here.  The old "my inside source" routine is weak, and even weaker when the first time you put it up, you're 50/50 shot comes up short. Instead of trying to impress people with whom you know (which isn't impressive at all), just hang out and talk hockey.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the words NAS, will just talk hockey from now on...my mistake.  That being said, what are the chances that when Bergeron does return (and I hope it is Tuesday), Julien sits Thornton and keeps Seguin in the lineup. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark My Words : Thanks for the words NAS, will just talk hockey from now on...my mistake.  That being said, what are the chances that when Bergeron does return (and I hope it is Tuesday), Julien sits Thornton and keeps Seguin in the lineup. 
    I sure hope the chances are good Jake but I won't hold my breath.

Sections
Shortcuts