Mark Recchi Logic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Mark Recchi Logic

Just read the piece on Mark Recchi's stand on the current negotiations for a new CBA.  A breath of fresh air in my mind.  The players will get their contracts, and the owners get the risk.  I would like to see the varied responses to his remarks.  http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/20969194/nhl-lockout-mark-recchi-thinks-nhlpa-should-take-offer-it-will-only-get-worse

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Mark Recchi Logic

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just read the piece on Mark Recchi's stand on the current negotiations for a new CBA.  A breath of fresh air in my mind.  The players will get their contracts, and the owners get the risk.  I would like to see the varied responses to his remarks.  http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/20969194/nhl-lockout-mark-recchi-thinks-nhlpa-should-take-offer-it-will-only-get-worse

[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to know exactly where negotiations are currently.  As long as there's "some risk" left for the owners...fine make a deal.  That's kinda been my argument from the start.  If all the risk is removed....these owners aren't entitled to any more than big wages.

AND....Bettman becoming the highest paid member of the league doesn't set a very good precedent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Tend to agree that we need to know where they are at before advising either side to give in and cut their losses.  The owners made tremendous gains in the last agreement and will make tremendous gains in this one no matter how it plays out in the end.  Maybe Recchi has some inside knowledge, but I doubt he is a very popular guy with the NHLPA right now.

I do agree though that it is refreshing to hear anyone break from the script and make honest comments at this point, that are not totally self-serving.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2012/11/13/nhl-lockout-three-key-issues/1703175/

" The stalemate continued, primarily over how to divide hockey-related revenues (HRR) and individual contract rights. The new emerging players' concern seems to be how the economic pie would be divided in a shortened 2012-13 season."

I suspect the owners will bring another revised CBA and once again say "take it or leave it".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Right or wrong, good or bad, better or worse...means nothing as long as the players are losing salary in the mean time - it's a losing proposition for them every time. 

Tripping over dollars to pick up pennies- what a bunch of morons, with the Yoda of all morons doing the "negotiations" for them.

What are the players thinking? It's about principles? or some legacy? It's about addition and subtraction. It might suck, but the only way to win- is to take the hit now, and get paid asap.  

I hope owners start taking things off the table.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tend to agree that we need to know where they are at before advising either side to give in and cut their losses.  The owners made tremendous gains in the last agreement and will make tremendous gains in this one no matter how it plays out in the end.  Maybe Recchi has some inside knowledge, but I doubt he is a very popular guy with the NHLPA right now.

I do agree though that it is refreshing to hear anyone break from the script and make honest comments at this point, that are not totally self-serving.

[/QUOTE]

He also has some first hand experienced knowledge as well. I bet there's a lot more than a few veterans that want to say what Mark is saying, but are afraid to. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Didn't we hear the same bleating from the players at the last negotiation?  "Oh, we've given up so much -- we've put in the salary cap -- etc."  I think you'd be hard pressed to find any players who are in a worse situation today (OK, not "today", but let's say at the conclusion of last season) than they were at the start of the last CBA.

Simply put, as revenues, grow, they get a percentage of a larger pie.  Sure, if revenues don't grow beyond current levels (and perhaps the lack of hockey will make that happen), then the players share contracts from 2011-12 levels.  But this deal shouldn't be about 2012-13, it should be about the next 5, 7 or 10 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Recchi is the man ... but what is he doing living in Pittsburgh. Players should do what Recchi says. They will come out looking as the victims in this whole mess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also has some first hand experienced knowledge as well. I bet there's a lot more than a few veterans that want to say what Mark is saying, but are afraid to. 

[/QUOTE]

I bet there are some owners who would say the same thing but are afraid to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can bet that the Bruin's owner isn't one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In the Boston.com piece, I thought this position was the most intriguing: 

“A dark time,’’ said Recchi, reflecting on Kelly’s ouster. “And it has been frustrating to see how it’s played out, obviously. If Paul had stayed on the job, I don’t think you would have seen this happen. The two sides would have started talking long before, maybe a year sooner [in 2011], and not with two or three months to go before [the CBA] expired. There would have been something in place, absolutely.

Essentially he asserts the process of negotiations was hampered by the lack of communication between the NHLPA and NHL.  I think that is a fair assumption.  

As a side note, I would agree the current status is unknown by Recchi. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's very close with the Dallas Stars ownership.

NHLPA upset because he said the truth, hence the saying, " the truth hurts " .  Instead of being upset they should listen because Mark has been there, done that and knows about losing leverage  and money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just saw a tweet that Kovalchuk is the 1st player to have lost 1 million in salary due to lockout. Actually this is good for NJ if their doors were open they would have already lost 1m + another million on Ilya's salary. 

Listen to Recchi !!!  it'll only get worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NHLPA upset because he said the truth, hence the saying, " the truth hurts " .  Instead of being upset they should listen because Mark has been there, done that and knows about losing leverage  and money.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Legion but I agree with Brad May that Recchi should shut his mouth. Neither are members of the Union anymore but they both had long careers and survived 2 work stoppages. Due largely in part to the solidarity of the NHLPA, Rex managed to pull down more than 50 million in salary over the course of his career. Now that he's an owner in the CHL, he thinks the players should just cave. Do you suppose it's just coincidence that the CHL is trying to start a union? Heck, it was probably Recchi who loosened the lug nuts on Laraque's tire last week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Legion but I agree with Brad May that Recchi should shut his mouth. Neither are members of the Union anymore but they both had long careers and survived 2 work stoppages. Due largely in part to the solidarity of the NHLPA, Rex managed to pull down more than 50 million in salary over the course of his career. Now that he's an owner in the CHL, he thinks the players should just cave. Do you suppose it's just coincidence that the CHL is trying to start a union? Heck, it was probably Recchi who loosened the lug nuts on Laraque's tire last week.

[/QUOTE]

Considering the allegations of the shady characters behind this I would say 'good thing'. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When you're in a situation where you can either lose a small portion of your multi million dollar salary - or all of it, it's not "caving" it's being smart and living in reality. The players have no leverage, so why not make 93k a week rather than 100k - it beats zero. The only thing that's "caving" are the players bank accounts and opportunity to provide a future for themselves. They'll never make up the money they're losing every day that goes by- so why not sign the deal?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When you're in a situation where you can either lose a small portion of your multi million dollar salary - or all of it, it's not "caving" it's being smart and living in reality. The players have no leverage, so why not make 93k a week rather than 100k - it beats zero. The only thing that's "caving" are the players bank accounts and opportunity to provide a future for themselves. They'll never make up the money they're losing every day that goes by- so why not sign the deal?

[/QUOTE]

Which players are making zero aside from those choosing to sit out? Lots of players in the league will lose money by caving if their contracts are rolled back (again). The players are willing to lose a little money now so they won't lose alot of money later. I know you hate it when people bring fancy math and logic into debates but those are simple facts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which players are making zero aside from those choosing to sit out? Lots of players in the league will lose money by caving if their contracts are rolled back (again). The players are willing to lose a little money now so they won't lose alot of money later. I know you hate it when people bring fancy math and logic into debates but those are simple facts.

[/QUOTE]

To me, i think its the other way around, the players are willing to lose alot of money now so they won't lose a little money later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That might be the most dumb azz thing you've ever said - and that is a remarkable achievement.

Any humanoid with a calculator would conclude that you will say anything in order to have an argument, even when math is involved. Dez must be short for dyslexic.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE]

The average owner has a longer career than the average player, so therefore the scales are tipped in their favour, however it's incorrect to assume the players have "no" leverage.  They have significant leverage, or the league wouldn't have moved off of their original position.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That might be the most dumb azz thing you've ever said - and that is a remarkable achievement.

Any humanoid with a calculator would conclude that you will say anything in order to have an argument, even when math is involved. Dez must be short for dyslexic.  

[/QUOTE]

So (as usual) you have nothing but hurt feelings and ridiculously bad puns to bring to the debate? I've got to say, for a guy that's not much of a thinker you should probably avoid trying to accuse others of having disabilities. As a matter of fact, I remember you crying about others who made fun of the mentally challenged because you have a relative that's disabled. No surprise a simpleton like yourself can't see the irony in your behavior. You sir, are an imbecile. I suggest you spend your time reading more books but hey, crying seems to work for you too. BTW, nice work with that list of players who are making zero........really impressive. I know this will go over your head but even more ironic is that you can be anti-union and talk like a commie at the same time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So (as usual) you have nothing but hurt feelings and ridiculously bad puns to bring to the debate? I've got to say, for a guy that's not much of a thinker you should probably avoid trying to accuse others of having disabilities. As a matter of fact, I remember you crying about others who made fun of the mentally challenged because you have a relative that's disabled. No surprise a simpleton like yourself can't see the irony in your behavior. You sir, are an imbecile. I suggest you spend your time reading more books but hey, crying seems to work for you too. BTW, nice work with that list of players who are making zero........really impressive. I know this will go over your head but even more ironic is that you can be anti-union and talk like a commie at the same time.

[/QUOTE]

I have no relative that is disabled you inconsiderate piece of sh1T.

Here you go captain small brain - when someone is making 100k a week and that is taken away they can never earn that money back - it's gone forever - and the meter is running. Apparently that concept is too complex for you too deal with. Every day that goes by is a day when the Dennis Widemans of the world are letting vast amounts of money evaporate, never to return.

And all that money is going away forever while Donald Fehr is getting paid regardless.

Get it ? Only a spectacular moron wouldn't be able to grasp that.

Please let everyone know how the players can get back lost revenue?

Otherwise get your bong out that was purhased with Gov. subsudised money, listen to some hip hop and STFU.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here you go captain small brain - when someone is making 100k a week and that is taken away they can never earn that money back - it's gone forever - and the meter is running. Apparently that concept is too complex for you too deal with. Every day that goes by is a day when the Dennis Widemans of the world are letting vast amounts of money evaporate, never to return.

And all that money is going away forever while Donald Fehr is getting paid regardless.

Otherwise get your bong out that was purhased with Gov. subsudised money, listen to some hip hop and STFU.

[/QUOTE]

So Wendy, I'm inconsiderate because I call you out for being a liar? That's priceless. Since you're obviously bordering on retardation I'll try to make this clearer for you. Nobody is making zero dollars unless they choose to. I don't need to prove otherwise as you are the one claiming that ridiculous number. As I said many times previous, if the players accept ANOTHER ROLLBACK, then that will be lost dollars that never return. The best way for the players to not lose money is to not give it away (i.e.ROLLBACK you idiot). Again, I have nothing to prove to you as I made no ridiculous claims. You on the other hand, claimed that the players have zero leverage because they're making zero dollars yet you're unable to provide even 1 example to back up your absurd claim. Hey, we get it, you're feelings are hurt because there's no hockey but look at it this way. Any idiot that's as soft as you apparently are was bound to get their feelings hurt today anyway. Suck it up Princess and put your big girl panties on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

The average owner has a longer career than the average player. They have significant leverage, or the league wouldn't have moved off of their original position.

Small and mid-market ownership groups tend to get a profit for a few years then get out. Your St. Louis, Phoenix, Florida ownerships etc. Rich owners like Illitch, Jacobs and Synder tends to stay because they are solvent and have teams that are in a good market.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Wendy, I'm inconsiderate because I call you out for being a liar? That's priceless. Since you're obviously bordering on retardation I'll try to make this clearer for you. Nobody is making zero dollars unless they choose to. I don't need to prove otherwise as you are the one claiming that ridiculous number. As I said many times previous, if the players accept ANOTHER ROLLBACK, then that will be lost dollars that never return. The best way for the players to not lose money is to not give it away (i.e.ROLLBACK you idiot). Again, I have nothing to prove to you as I made no ridiculous claims. You on the other hand, claimed that the players have zero leverage because they're making zero dollars yet you're unable to provide even 1 example to back up your absurd claim. Hey, we get it, you're feelings are hurt because there's no hockey but look at it this way. Any idiot that's as soft as you apparently are was bound to get their feelings hurt today anyway. Suck it up Princess and put your big girl panties on.

[/QUOTE]

You actually believe that there's a chance of no rollback, and that it's worth possibly losing millions of dollars in this years salary to negotiate that inevitable reality ???????

You are freakishly dumb witted

Sections
Shortcuts