Mark Streit, is he available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Mark Streit, is he available

In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available:
    [QUOTE]Other teams looking for d men and the number one team is Philly with the possibility that they could pursue Boumeester or Suter. Once Phl makes the deal first then all the other teams will start the trade frenzy. Other list of d men on the block are: Rozival, Leopold, Bouillon, L. Schenn, W. Mitchell, Obrien, Gill, Smid, R. Martinek, Beauchemin,Gleason, and very own Kampfer or Corvo . If the Bruins pursue Streit NYI will want Horton simple as that cause he is 4 mill left for another year. NYI will Build around Parenteau Taverez Horton Neilson making other NYI players available for trade. If the Bruins make a move by trading Horton for Streit then we will need to pursue a vet. goal scorer someone who can quickly fit in the top line for replacement  St. Louis , Selanne, Whitney, Doan. Remember what happen when we went for rental d man last year Kaberle . Streit would be a great fit on the line with Chara. St. Loius ( good friend with Thomas) would be a good replacement for Horton a natural goal scorer but Boychuk would be one d man that Tampa Bay could use Boychuk plus a big name prospect would need to go in the deal with Boychuk ie Spooner Knight. IT'S YOUR CALL WHAT DO BRUINS REALLY NEED Looch Krejci St. Louis Marchand Bergy Seguin Poulit Kelly Peverly Paille Campbell Thorn Hamil Caron Chara Streit Sieds Corvo Ference McQuaid Kampfer
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

You need to read what Chiarelli is saying about getting depth players without subtracting from the existing roster .

Just wondering, are you in a fantasy league ? Trades, trades and more trades !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : You need to read what Chiarelli is saying about getting depth players without subtracting from the existing roster . Just wondering, are you in a fantasy league ? Trades, trades and more trades !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Chowdah, anything I've read and heard regarding the Bruins adding depth has led me to agree they're unlikely to move out anyone on the current roster. Picks/prospects in return for for an extra D-man is the most likely move and even that won't happen until near the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

That is why I type in blocks what do the bruins really need. I am just stating a fact to the other poster/threader we will have to give up on good player to get a good rental. Me personally already like what we have unless we will let go Corvo and replace him with consistent defensive oriented player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Corvo came here for a 4th round pick to Carolina. He's not working out well in the system here. Fantasizing that we will trade him for a front line D-man or top 6 forward is just that-fantasizing. Boychuk is a UFA as is Corvo. Package either one with a 2nd and there might be some interest. Don't think the Weber or Selanne type player is on his way at the deadline to Boston.Leopold, Smid, Mitchell and Gleason are all D-men who could bring something to playoffs depending on the price. Also Lydman might be available in Anaheim. Not all are rentals, so might give Kampfer, Hamilton, and Bartkowski more time to develop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

Only problem is Horton has a FNTC!!!

[QUOTE]Other teams looking for d men and the number one team is Philly with the possibility that they could pursue Boumeester or Suter. Once Phl makes the deal first then all the other teams will start the trade frenzy. Other list of d men on the block are: Rozival, Leopold, Bouillon, L. Schenn, W. Mitchell, Obrien, Gill, Smid, R. Martinek, Beauchemin,Gleason, and very own Kampfer or Corvo . If the Bruins pursue Streit NYI will want Horton simple as that cause he is 4 mill left for another year. NYI will Build around Parenteau Taverez Horton Neilson making other NYI players available for trade. If the Bruins make a move by trading Horton for Streit then we will need to pursue a vet. goal scorer someone who can quickly fit in the top line for replacement  St. Louis , Selanne, Whitney, Doan. Remember what happen when we went for rental d man last year Kaberle . Streit would be a great fit on the line with Chara. St. Loius ( good friend with Thomas) would be a good replacement for Horton a natural goal scorer but Boychuk would be one d man that Tampa Bay could use Boychuk plus a big name prospect would need to go in the deal with Boychuk ie Spooner Knight. IT'S YOUR CALL WHAT DO BRUINS REALLY NEED Looch Krejci St. Louis Marchand Bergy Seguin Poulit Kelly Peverly Paille Campbell Thorn Hamil Caron Chara Streit Sieds Corvo Ference McQuaid Kampfer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]That is why I type in blocks what do the bruins really need . I am just stating a fact to the other poster/threader we will have to give up on good player to get a good rental. Me personally already like what we have unless we will let go Corvo and replace him with consistent defensive oriented player.

When acquiring a player the fact is it can also be a prospect(s) or pick(s)and not a player off the current roster. Unless Chiarelli changes his mind he has already stated that he'd like to keep the team intact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : When acquiring a player the fact is it can also be a prospect(s) or pick(s)and not a player off the current roster. Unless Chiarelli changes his mind he has already stated that he'd like to keep the team intact.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

For the most part it can be picks and prospects as well, but there are four clubs where it would have to be a roster player going back due to cap floor problems - Preds, Avs, Ilses and Stars. So if PC does do any sort of deal, and I don't expect anything earth shaking, likely just tweaks, and he wants to keep the roster pretty much intact, it's unlikely any of those teams will be a trading partner. Just can't trade to any of them without giving up some of our roster, and likely overpaying in terms of quality in order for the other team to stay above the floor.

On the flipside, underperforming teams that are tight to the cap and could want to shed some salary for picks and/or prospects include Sabres, Habs, Leafs and Flames. Normally I would say that an in division trade was unlikely, but PC has shown he can swing those trades with his dealings with Ottawa and Toronto. If its roster tweaks with picks and or prospects going the other way, then Glencross, Butler, Gragnani, Moen, Gill, Kulemin and Gunnarson could be possible targets from teams that have a reason to make that kind of a trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : Chiarelli must be a magician...he gets Streit & Frans whomever just for Corvo. I wasn't aware that the rest of the NHL was knocking down doors trying to get this guy from the B's. I guess I must be missing something.

Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

A winning team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : Chiarelli must be a magician...he gets Streit & Frans whomever just for Corvo. I wasn't aware that the rest of the NHL was knocking down doors trying to get this guy from the B's. I guess I must be missing something.

Frans Neilson is a very strong 3rd line center.  Has had a very good ability to shut down teams top players.  Streit is injury prone and isnt Bobby Orr. 

What you missed was my next post that said it was a tad bit fantasy like. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Mark Streit is the Islanders captain.  He's not leaving NY.  Forget it.  He's their only defenceman who has offensive upside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Mark Streit is the Islanders captain.  He's not leaving NY.  Forget it.  He's their only defenceman who has offensive upside.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

Because the Islanders are making a run at Stanley this year or bc Captains never get traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : A winning team?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm absolutely not missing that N-A-S...but what I would be missing is any team giving the B's anything for Corvo, considering he wasn't even a member of the "winning team" from last year and is another bad game away from being replaced by Kampfer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : I'm absolutely not missing that N-A-S...but what I would be missing is any team giving the B's anything for Corvo, considering he wasn't even a member of the "winning team" from last year and is another bad game away from being replaced by Kampfer.

Not being a member of a championship team is irrelevant.

And you'd be surprised what stupid NHL GMs will give for bad players. 

Just because your Sox GM bolted for Chicago and your team decided to drink beer and eat fried chicken instead of make the playoffs, don't come here and tell us which of our guys is a bum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : Not being a member of a championship team is irrelevant. And you'd be surprised what stupid NHL GMs will give for bad players.  Just because your Sox GM bolted for Chicago and your team decided to drink beer and eat fried chicken instead of make the playoffs, don't come here and tell us which of our guys is a bum.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Jeff Finger 3.5 Million. 

Sections
Shortcuts