Mark Streit, is he available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Mark Streit, is he available

his contract is up after next year, me makes roughly 4 mil per and would really help the PP in my opinion, my guess is he could be had rather cheaply as the Isles are forever rebuilding and wouldnt mind shedding payroll

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Mark Streit, is he available

The Isles can't trade Streit to anyone without taking pretty much equal money back. Trading away Streit would put them under the cap floor - they can't shed anymore payroll. I also don't think we need him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say he'd be a huge addition, great call on this one..3 team trade would have to be the route for them to reach the cap floor...My gues is Isles would be looking for proven players, they have enough young talent where they wouldnt have to rebuild..I see them sending Nabokov to Tampa.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Boychuk and 500 gallon gas credit card should do the trick, nah the Isles would ask for Thornton, no way!  Actually and reality, he would be an excellent pick up, the problem is the demands would not equal the supplies.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Mark Streit would be a great addition. Imagine Chiarelli adding Selanne also, the Bruins would definately increase their chances of repeating. Selanne will only be traded to a contender if traded at all. He is a smart hockey guy and would probably be happy if the B's came calling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Selanne would retire imo before being traded all the way to the east coast, Corvo and a bag of pucks for Streit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available:
    [QUOTE]Selanne would retire imo before being traded all the way to the east coast, Corvo and a bag of pucks for Streit.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Corvo would be almost 2 million short of what they'd need back in cap.

From a Cap perspective - they'd need

a) One of Lucic, Horton, or Krejci straight up for Streit
    or
    b) Any two of Seidenberg, Boychuk, Corvo, Ference, Kelly, or Marchand
    or
    c) Any three of Peverley, Campbell, Hamill, Boychuk, Pouliot, Caron, Rask, and Paille.
    or
    d) A combination of players in b and c that add up to approximately $4 million.

Obviously, Boston wouldn't make any of those deals for Streit, so Kelvanna is right when he says any deal for Streit would HAVE to be a three team deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC told Pierre LeBrun he is definitely picking up a depth Dman and Forward around the deadline. $4M is allot to bring in even if Corvo were moved so that means someone else would have to go as well. The Bruins looked real thin with Peverley and Marchand out recently so I don't see PC adding more than $3M in depth unless a bigger deal can be worked out.

Toughness and depth with expiring contracts that look good are Gill, Aucoin or Staois on D and Koivu, Prospal and Stepniak as a depth forward wouldn't cost Chiarelli for that depth he's looking for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nice entry SanDog, but please no Gill!  If PC makes a trade, highly doubt it as the price would be too high, then it would be for an experienced defenseman like your fav from Carolina.  If PC pays then let it be big enough to improve the team especially on the PP.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I see them adding without subtracting from the current roster..Where will he play? Well, team has been fortunate in the injury dept. this year and I cant see them going a whole year without one, especially after the amount of games they played last year..It's a luxury the Bruins have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Nice entry SanDog, but please no Gill!  If PC makes a trade, highly doubt it as the price would be too high, then it would be for an experienced defenseman like your fav from Carolina.  If PC pays then let it be big enough to improve the team especially on the PP.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

You do realize that for 3 playoff years Gill has been one of the better dmen out there.  Gill likely isnt a good match for this team though.  I think San's list is idea. Staois and Prospal.  Always liked Prospal. 

Three team deal for Streit.
    TBay- Gets Nabby/Corvo
    NYI- Get Malone
    B's- Get Streit/Frans N 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : You do realize that for 3 playoff years Gill has been one of the better dmen out there.  Gill likely isnt a good match for this team though.  I think San's list is idea. Staois and Prospal.  Always liked Prospal.  Three team deal for Streit. TBay- Gets Nabby/Corvo NYI- Get Malone B's- Get Streit/Frans N 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I like it. I could actually see this happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : You do realize that for 3 playoff years Gill has been one of the better dmen out there.  Gill likely isnt a good match for this team though.  I think San's list is idea. Staois and Prospal.  Always liked Prospal.  Three team deal for Streit. TBay- Gets Nabby/Corvo NYI- Get Malone B's- Get Streit/Frans N 
    I like the trade, but thats a he77 of a return for Corvo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Streit, is he available : I like the trade, but thats a he77 of a return for Corvo.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    No kidding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]PC told Pierre LeBrun he is definitely picking up a depth Dman and Forward around the deadline. $4M is allot to bring in even if Corvo were moved so that means someone else would have to go as well. The Bruins looked real thin with Peverley and Marchand out recently so I don't see PC adding more than $3M in depth unless a bigger deal can be worked out. Toughness and depth with expiring contracts that look good are Gill, Aucoin or Staois on D and Koivu, Prospal and Stepniak as a depth forward wouldn't cost Chiarelli for that depth he's looking for.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen the Bruins currently have close to 3M in cap space, and can get another $4M by placing Savard on LTIR.  They have plenty of space to add expiring contracts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I do realize Shupe, my point is he is a lumbering slow defenseman.  The Bs have defensemen who can clear out the front of the net, Chara and McQuaid in particular.   I agree Staios and Prospal are the best ones mentioned by SanDog. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Streit is a heck of a d-man.  No reason for the Islanders to want to trade him.  If they do, it'll take a lot going back.

They should offer Hamill, who has proven himself a true first round talent, along with a pot sweetener, like a fifth round pick in 2018.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Streit is a heck of a d-man.  No reason for the Islanders to want to trade him.  If they do, it'll take a lot going back. They should offer Hamill, who has proven himself a true first round talent, along with a pot sweetener, like a fifth round pick in 2018.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Dead on NAS - even beyond Streit's value, like I posted above, just for cap reasons, let alone what he's worth, we'd have to give up an awful lot. As a team to team trade, it simply makes no sense. And it doesn't make that much more sense as a three team trade either - that would require us giving a lesser cost player(s) to another team that values that player(s) as much as a $4 mill. player(s) on their roster which NYI in turn valued as much as Streit. Those are extraordinarily long odds.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

yeah my offer was a tad fantasy like.  i was looking at money more so than actual fit.  All teams address needs though...

islam- i agree Gill isnt a fit on this roster...someone will add him for a playoff run.  Hes been excellent...maybe a team like the Caps bc I dont see Green coming back.  Put him with Hammer,  Nice shut down pair and I believe they played together in Montreal

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good thoughts, but IMO Chiarelli will pull off a change primarily on defense. Streit, Gleason, Aucoin or someone similiar, with the emphasis on Streit. In return to the Islanders, Ference,or Corvo,or Boychuck plus Hamill, would give them some experience. Or, maybe even Kelly, to get Streit. Really need an upgrade in "smarts" on defense. In addition, and I know this shakes the "hero" tree, it's time for Claude to replace Thornton. Campbell and Paille work too hard not to have improved skills on their line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Chiarelli must be a magician...he gets Streit & Frans whomever just for Corvo.

I wasn't aware that the rest of the NHL was knocking down doors trying to get this guy from the B's. I guess I must be missing something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Other teams looking for d men and the number one team is Philly with the possibility that they could pursue Boumeester or Suter. Once Phl makes the deal first then all the other teams will start the trade frenzy.
    Other list of d men on the block are:
    Rozival, Leopold, Bouillon, L. Schenn, W. Mitchell, Obrien, Gill, Smid, R. Martinek, Beauchemin,Gleason, and very own Kampfer or Corvo.

If the Bruins pursue Streit NYI will want Horton simple as that cause he is 4 mill left for another year. NYI will Build around Parenteau Taverez Horton Neilson making other NYI players available for trade.

If the Bruins make a move by trading Horton for Streit then we will need to pursue a vet. goal scorer someone who can quickly fit in the top line for replacement  St. Louis , Selanne, Whitney, Doan.

Remember what happen when we went for rental d man last year Kaberle.
    Streit would be a great fit on the line with Chara.
    St. Loius ( good friend with Thomas) would be a good replacement for Horton a natural goal scorer but Boychuk would be one d man that Tampa Bay could use Boychuk plus a big name prospect would need to go in the deal with Boychuk ie Spooner Knight.

IT'S YOUR CALL WHAT DO BRUINS REALLY NEED

Looch Krejci St. Louis
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Poulit Kelly Peverly
    Paille Campbell Thorn
    Hamil Caron

Chara Streit
    Sieds Corvo
    Ference McQuaid
    Kampfer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

How many times do we have to go for a rental D or F before we clear the cupboard?

Horton for St. Louis??? Maybe five years ago. Not now! The guy has one half of his butt on the wheelchair.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Streit is 34, and was injured most of last year. When healthy, he has some solid skills, but how long would he remain healthy? Trading Horton, young stud, for aging D is not consistent with Chiarelli. We have not identified any of the potential younger, becoming better, defensemen like Nashville seems to have in abundance. Imo Chiarelli is seeking this type of resource, young strong, smart, fast, and good passer. We may say," so is everyone else", but in order to improve, Peter needs to evolve this defense away from the 1 year fill-in and more towards replacing Corvo, Ference, and if necessary, Boychuck, with  a deal/player, that lasts 3/4 years. Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, need to be supported by Corvo's replacement; then Ference replacement, which could be Hamilton; then Boychuck's replacement. That will lead to whoever might, just might, replace Chara in 4/5 years.

Sections
Shortcuts