Marleau and Boyle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Marleau and Boyle

Too much focus being put on Clowe.  Time for PC to switch gears and go after Marleau. Maybe see if Boyle can be tossed into the deal too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Marleau and Boyle

$13,566,667 cap hit for those two next year. Who goes to make the cap space for next season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Talk about going for it....lol! That would be insane in both a good and bad way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

$13,566,667 cap hit for those two next year. Who goes to make the cap space for next season?

BINGO ! ! !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Teams can now eat some cap space on trades correct? Trade Horton, Ference, picks and prospects.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not all that sure Dez but there are plenty of ways to shed cap space and contracts come July 1st, so taking on some salary should not be the highest of priorities right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Teams can now eat some cap space on trades correct? Trade Horton, Ference, picks and prospects.

I like the agressive thought process but I think what Red is implying is that Horton and Ference are already off the books next year on capgeek and that is what she is looking at. Others would have to go off the books next year to fit them in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The Sharks are just barely hanging in a playoff birth. Losing these 2 will be no play- offs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Not all that sure Dez but there are plenty of ways to shed cap space and contracts come July 1st, so taking on some salary should not be the highest of priorities right now.

Obviously it's Marleau I find most intriguing. He's apparently available for the 8th straight deadline. PC should make a legitimate run at him. The Sharks are still in the race so it would need to be a significant offer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Obviously it's Marleau I find most intriguing. He's apparently available for the 8th straight deadline. PC should make a legitimate run at him. The Sharks are still in the race so it would need to be a significant offer.

Maybe PC can swing a "reverse Thornton" deal and offer 3 useless plugs for Marleau....revenge baby!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Maybe PC can swing a "reverse Thornton" deal and offer 3 useless plugs for Marleau....revenge baby!!

Trade last night's 3rd line and a draft pick for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Certainly not our friend Caron? et tu dez?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Certainly not our friend Caron? et tu dez?

Sure! I'm talking blockbuster here JM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How about Yandle and Moss for Peverley, Ference, two 1st rounders, a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Moss? Lets get Oliver.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Moss? Lets get Oliver.

From Nashville?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would love Yandle here in Boston. Phoenix apparently on the move again...again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How about Yandle and Moss for Peverley, Ference, two 1st rounders, a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year?

I don't mind this but substituting Moss for Peverley does not exactly strengthen up front. Some supplementary moves for forward depth would have to happen as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't mind this but substituting Moss for Peverley does not exactly strengthen up front. Some supplementary moves for forward depth would have to happen as well.

Improvement is mostly on the back end with Moss/Pev being more of a lateral move. They'd get the slightly better forward and the B's would get the far better D-man (and best player in the deal).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Improvement is mostly on the back end with Moss/Pev being more of a lateral move. They'd get the slightly better forward and the B's would get the far better D-man (and best player in the deal).

No arguments there. I like Moss and was hoping PC would have signed him in the offseason...instead we got Pandolfo.

But anyway, good start.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I like the Yandle idea. The Marleau idea good thought. Boyle could help them out a lot. Could PC hit a home run or will he settle for secondary moves. The Yandle idea is the best with Moss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I like the Yandle idea. The Marleau idea good thought. Boyle could help them out a lot. Could PC hit a home run or will he settle for secondary moves. The Yandle idea is the best with Moss.

At this point it is anyone's guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I like the agressive thought process but I think what Red is implying is that Horton and Ference are already off the books next year on capgeek and that is what she is looking at. Others would have to go off the books next year to fit them in.

Yep. Even with Savard on LTIR with those two players in the mix they'd be approximately $4 million in the hole without a goaltender signed. Not doable without decent cash going back the other way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Or you get them, and you buy them out on amnesty buyouts at the end of the year.  Easy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yep. Even with Savard on LTIR with those two players in the mix they'd be approximately $4 million in the hole without a goaltender signed. Not doable without decent cash going back the other way.

Nowadays in sports I believe it is best to worry about tomorrow when it comes.  I wouldn't take bad contracts but I would use our 22 mil this year with the knowledge my playoff team could not return next year.  If you add good contracts, you deal players and recover spent asssets.