Martin Brodeur to become free agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Martin Brodeur to become free agent

I'm going to say either San Jose or Anaheim on a one year deal.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Martin Brodeur to become free agent

Brodeur can finish his career with B's, following in the footsteps of over-the-hill goalies finishing with B's--Rogie Vachon, Terry Sawchuk, Pat Riggin, Bill Ranford's second tour, Manny Fernandez, and Marty Turco.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh please let him back up Luongo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brodeur can finish his career with B's, following in the footsteps of over-the-hill goalies finishing with B's--Rogie Vachon, Terry Sawchuk, Pat Riggin, Bill Ranford's second tour, Manny Fernandez, and Marty Turco.

[/QUOTE]

And if were counting last playoff appearances,lets include Jacques Plante.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting 40-something year old Jacques Plante! Played a couple games in the early 70's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If it wasn't for Tokarski I would would think Montreal would be a perfect fit for him to finish his career at home and back up Price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The demands of Schnieder seem logical.  Marty is the best goalie every in my book.  Yet anywhere he goes it is a a NHL money maker.  I like him to prove my wrong, but, I am older, it is hard to let go when your time is up.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No team will sign him ....too old , done 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it wasn't for Tokarski I would would think Montreal would be a perfect fit for him to finish his career at home and back up Price.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Montreal would be a perfect fit.  They would make millions off all of the jersies and Brodeur stuff they would sell.  Those French Canadians love their home grown product and would go berserk over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to say either San Jose or Anaheim on a one year deal.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Penguins....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I find it funny Marty would entertain thoughts of being a backup elsewhere but it is beneath him to be a backup in New Jersey. I guess he wants the fans in NJ to remember him as a starter and as a backup for another team elsewhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] If it wasn't for Tokarski I would would think Montreal would be a perfect fit for him to finish his career at home and back up Price. [/QUOTE]

The french media frenzy after a few bad starts by Price would be a firestorm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No team will sign him ....too old , done 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

Soooo...now that we know Marty will get multiple offers, it's just a matter of where.

If he's willing to be a back-up there will be teams ready to sign him. If he wants a #1 job the picking may be a bit slim. He said "it depends on the situation", whatever that means. He didn't elaborate but the comment came on the heels of saying if it's a back-up role he wants it to a team with a "really good chance to win a Stanley Cup", so the #1 job criteria is not a winning a cup opportunity per se. So maybe it's a back-up role where he thinks he has a chance to win the #1 job?

Or maybe it's weather related. NAS....get ready to buy a Brodeur Panther sweater!

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I get the feeling that Brodeur is playing one more year with intentions of being a starter. I think he goes to a team where at least he has a chance of winning the job. I know the Islanders just locked up Halak but wouldn't shock me if they tried to land him, he'd certainly help at the gate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:[QUOTE] I'm going to say either San Jose or Anaheim on a one year deal. [/QUOTE]

Penguins.... [/QUOTE]

Good point Rutherford does like his more affordable veteran goalies.

Sections
Shortcuts