Masterton Award for Jagr?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Masterton Award for Jagr?

This guy is truly amazing and not because he had the most goals (24) that he has had since 2007 either. Reading his stats for the year, although truly a great year for a guy his age and with his story, one leaped off the page.

In 82 games, Jaromir Jagr had FOUR hits! lol How is that even possible??

He sucked for the Bruins last year, but I still love the guy!

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Masterton Award for Jagr?

4 hits???? You'd think he'd accidently run into enough guys to get 8-10 hits! lol

I don't think the guy belongs in this group of nominees. One guy suffered an eye injury that nearly ended his career and the other had to leave the game while his wife battled, and eventually lost her life to, cancer.

Jagr just keeps playing at an age where most guys have been retired for a few seasons. Granted, he did have a very good season which is impressive at his age. But really, I think he keeps playing because he's had serious financial problems. I don't think it's dedication to the game as much as trying to make a living in his case.

I hope Dominic Moore wins. The guy has been through hell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 hits???? You'd think he'd accidently run into enough guys to get 8-10 hits! lol

I don't think the guy belongs in this group of nominees. One guy suffered an eye injury that nearly ended his career and the other had to leave the game while his wife battled, and eventually lost her life to, cancer.

Jagr just keeps playing at an age where most guys have been retired for a few seasons. Granted, he did have a very good season which is impressive at his age. But really, I think he keeps playing because he's had serious financial problems. I don't think it's dedication to the game as much as trying to make a living in his case.

I hope Dominic Moore wins. The guy has been through hell.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I hope it goes to him.  Read an article about him and his wife a while ago, really sad.  Glad he's back to playing again, dont know how I would react to something like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Moore wins it, he has a case over Jagr battling arthritis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Jagr's unwavering dedication to the game..."

yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah. I'm going to have to go ahead and mock that.  If it was Jagr's genetic gifts and crazy talent, sure.  The guy can play until he's in a nursing home.  But when you say "unwavering dedication" I think of guys who have to, I don't know....work to play at a high level?

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Just out of curiosity, would anyone consider Steve Mason? There was an article a few weeks ago about him considering walking away from the game. He was so dejected and miserable in Columbus before the trade. He said that the move to Philly rejuvenated his career.

Sections
Shortcuts