Matchup with the Rangers....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Matchup with the Rangers....

Does anyone else feel like this is a playoff matchup that would be awesome for hockey? I think if these two teams met late in the postseason, things would get crazy. Things got crazy last year with Tampa, but I'm pretty sure this would get down-right ugly. If it was a 7-game series, I think we could say that the Bruins and Rangers had a true rivalry again.
    I'm tired of the B's playing the same teams in the playoffs (Montreal, Philly). The B's haven't faced the Rangers in the playoffs since 1973.....I think it's time that this rivalry has a little life injected into it. When I went to a B's/Rangers game last year, there was nothing about it that said it was a Boston/NY sporting event (other than Mark Stuart beating the p*** out of Avery, which was to be expected).

Anyone else here that wants the B's to face a team that doesn't flop/dive/squeal/back down from physical play? Don't know about you guys, but I'd also like to see the B's face a team where we can say "Man, they play tough" as opposed to "What a bunch of queens".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Re: Matchup with the Rangers....

I would love to see this matchup, as they are not a soft team like Montreal/Vancouver(Jumbo Joe thoughtotherwise, but now he's eating crow).  It would be a good hard-nosed series and I'm certain we wouldn't see much diving/antics.  They have a great team this year and are quietly winning a lot of games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Matchup with the Rangers....

Would be a great series, but not sure I would want to face Lundquist in a 7 game series. I also wouldn't want to deal with all the antics from Avery.

Sections
Shortcuts