Mats Zuccarello

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Mats Zuccarello

I know RFA are hard to get, but boy I'd love for the Bruins to find a away to sign him. I just really enjoy his energy and grit. A cleaner Marchand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Mats Zuccarello

I would clear out salary on the Bruins for Zuccarello before I would for Iginla.

Throw an offer at him and see what happens. It's better than "stuff happens".

Nah bring in a "Daugvins type" at the deadline...much better idea.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Slats would probably match any sane offer for the guy....once he buys out Richards of course.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

And that Pouliot guy. Wow. Great vision, hands and scoring ability.

Joking aside, I agree 100%. Further, the league is full of these Zuccarello-types. Not taking anything away from the guy, but rather saying there are some diamonds in the rough on every team and it makes watching the game really enjoyable these days. Marchand can actually be this type of player. Just focus all his energy on wheeling and causing havoc and put the "pest" stuff in the past. Other players evolve. So can he.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe Zuccarello is this years 2011 Brad Marchand. Having the playoffs of his life but after that nothing.You never know with players and their ability to sustain it over the long haul.At any rate Slats would buy out to Richards or Nash and and use the money to match anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Slats would probably match any sane offer for the guy....once he buys out Richards of course.

It it Richards or Nash Slats buys out first ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The original rumour was Richards but I would not be surprised at either...or both for that matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The original rumour was Richards but I would not be surprised at either...or both for that matter.

I can't believe that Nash has dropped off the map so badly. Richards was doing really well in Dallas for a couple of years so that is also surprising that he has become a 4th liner. If not for St Louis, they wouldn't be in the Finals. I'd buy out both if it was me. What doesn't surprise me is that Sather signed them, and they became useless. That's what, 6 big time trades/free agents before he got one right with St Louis. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I can't believe that Nash has dropped off the map so badly. Richards was doing really well in Dallas for a couple of years so that is also surprising that he has become a 4th liner. If not for St Louis, they wouldn't be in the Finals. I'd buy out both if it was me. What doesn't surprise me is that Sather signed them, and they became useless. That's what, 6 big time trades/free agents before he got one right with St Louis. 

Interesting.....Richards got concussed late into his last year in Dallas and hasn't really been the same since....production wise that is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Nah, it's NYC and the lifestyle.  Kills almost all players except if you bring in Grets and Mess for a couple of seasons before the night life gets to them.

Even back in the Eddy Giacomin days we called them the fat cats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I am going to present an offer sheet to someone, being realistic, not Johansen or Subban, I think Zuccarello would command too much. I'd go with Niederreiter. Huge upside.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get Zucs PC!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! I agree....but I do think Slats is not letting him go anywhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'll take Marchand over the smaller Ranger....

if i was to take a shot at an rfa, it'd be Kreider....

has any rfa of note received any offer sheet since Shea Weber?.... 

ā€œPeople think common sense is common - but it's not.ā€

Sections
Shortcuts