Matt Bartkowski called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Matt Bartkowski called up

Matt Bartkowski has been promoted on an emergency basis. At the same time, Mark Stuart has been placed on injured reserve.

Only five defensemen practiced today. Adam McQuaid was given a maintenance day for an unspecified injury or illness. If McQuaid is unable to play tomorrow, Bartkowski would be the sixth defenseman.

In 34 games for Providence, Bartkowski has four goals and eight assists. This is Bartkowski's first NHL recall. Bartkowski hails from nearby Mount Lebanon, a Pittsburgh suburb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Matt Bartkowski called up

In Response to Matt Bartkowski called up:
    Matt Bartkowski has been promoted on an emergency basis. At the same time, Mark Stuart has been placed on injured reserve. Only five defensemen practiced today. Adam McQuaid was given a maintenance day for an unspecified injury or illness. If McQuaid is unable to play tomorrow, Bartkowski would be the sixth defenseman. In 34 games for Providence, Bartkowski has four goals and eight assists. This is Bartkowski's first NHL recall. Bartkowski hails from nearby Mount Lebanon, a Pittsburgh suburb.
    Posted by Bruins6

He could also replace an obviously less than 100% Boychuck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wish they had gone for Alexandrov, prob the best skater the B's would have had on D.  Did not say fastest, the best.

The B's already have him listed on their roster, from their in the system.

Funny about these 2
    Alex 6'   185  Born 24June 1988
    Bart 6'1 196           4 June 1988
    Almost twins.

Good luck to M-Bart, he is going to need it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Bartkowski called up:
    Wish they had gone for Alexandrov, prob the best skater the B's would have had on D.  Did not say fastest, the best. The B's already have him listed on their roster, from their in the system. Funny about these 2 Alex 6'   185  Born 24June 1988 Bart 6'1 196           4 June 1988 Almost twins. Good luck to M-Bart, he is going to need it.

Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Based on what I saw in rookie camp, training camp, one exhibition game and Providence games, Alexandrov isn't ready for the NHL. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I didn't think Stuart's injury was that bad? What's going on with this guy... he was an iron man for a long time and now a rash of injuries?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Never seen any Prov games, but all the preseason stuff, he never looked out of place and his skating put everyone to shame especially Seid when they played together.  He looked better against the better players than the rookies games.

We need skating and quickness on D, hopefully Bart can Bring it, Kampf has been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Colby Cohen put up some points in today's P-Bruins game, 1-1-2.  He got in three games with the Avs earlier this year, I wonder where he will fits in the depth chart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Stuart is out another week to two, with bringing Bart up they would be over the cap so they have to place him on injured reserve as he has been gone for 33 days.  He will be back shortly and then Bart will go down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think McQuaid played after the fight.  He might be pretty hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Boychuck limped off the ice twice in last night's game vs Mtl.  No surprise if he's the one injured.

Also Krejcii was holding his left hand off the stick and protecting it at one point.  That's a worry.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Bartkowski called up : Good question his injuries seem to last longer than they should, seems to me like he really milks his injuries
    Posted by uppercut

Stuart milks his injuries?I seriously doubt a guy with his heart is anything but hurt.He'll play the 1st day he gets medical clearance(sooner,I'm sure,if he had his way).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Bartkowski called up : Good question his injuries seem to last longer than they should, seems to me like he really milks his injuries
    Posted by uppercut

We seen what a finger injury can do if not treated, Z was ineffective, couldn't shoot or fight last year.

They had the D and the caproom to give him the proper 4-6 for a busted finger, and as he is one to drop them more than most, I prefer he is fight ready when he comes back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not happy that McQuaid and Boychuk are hurt but I am excited that Bartkowski will get a look he was the last player cut in camp. The only defenseman he isn't more mobile than is Kamper so I hope Julien lets Matt join rushes like he has with Kampfer. Bartkowski has to be pretty jacked up he might play in his home state for his first NHL call up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I am very interested to see this, especially against the Pens. The few P-town games I have seen Bart and Kampfer were easily the best skaters on the ice for the WannaB's. Hopefully Claude changes the rush style a little bit and allow the kids to skate... which I have noticed he has been lately.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Boychuck limped off the ice twice in last night's game vs Mtl.  No surprise if he's the one injured. Also Krejcii was holding his left hand off the stick and protecting it at one point.  That's a worry.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Either Boychuk or Mcquaid is injured, as you have to have less than 6 healthy D to call one up on emergency basis (according to a recent boston.com article).  Placing Stuart on IR is nothing but a formality to create the cap room necessary to bring up Bartkowski's salary.

I also noticed Krejci skate off holding his hand, and since I was stuck with Montreal's French feed I had no feedback on whether he was hurt or not.  I also did not see him on the Ice the rest of the game, but since nobody else here mentioned it, I figured I must have just missed him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Bartkowski called up :  I also noticed Krejci skate off holding his hand, and since I was stuck with Montreal's French feed I had no feedback on whether he was hurt or not.  I also did not see him on the Ice the rest of the game, but since nobody else here mentioned it, I figured I must have just missed him.
    Posted by Eric66

Krejci did come back after the incident.  And nothing more was said or has been written about it. So let's hope it was just a momentary hurt.  But you have to worry about his wrist or hand.  This was his left and I forget which one was hurt last year.  He was protecting it, holding the stick with only his right hand, and seemed to be in pain (though he kept playing). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Yeah, hopefully it isn't serious.  I'm not sure but I believe it was his right that he hurt in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Moving a player to IR does not clear cap space (LTIR promps the exemption)..

Stuart is not ready to return, and Mcquaid can't go tonight.. Moving stuart to IR simply clears a roster spot to bring Bartowski up..

We're not saving any cap room in this move..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Colby Cohen put up some points in today's P-Bruins game, 1-1-2.  He got in three games with the Avs earlier this year, I wonder where he will fits in the depth chart.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Ya I saw a PBruins game on the 7th and thought that Cohen was by far the best Dman out there.  I would have had him up before Bartowski but we will see how it all pans out

Sections
Shortcuts