Matt Bartkowski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Matt Bartkowski

Out of the three.

Hamilton

Krug

Bartkowski

I'd say Bartkowski is the better d-man. Right now. That could change. All 3 could improve and it turns out Dougie Hamiltons ceiling is that much higher, but I just love this kids game. Every game he seems to get better. He just looks like the type of player who works on those small details alot and it shows. I am not slamming Krug or Hamilton, like them both, think they'll be fine players, but I am impressed with this kid.I hope he makes the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Matt Bartkowski

Of the 3, Bartkowski is clealry the better D in his own end. I'm impressed, which means less than zero (any elvis costello fans out there??) but more importantly Claude et al are very happy with Bartkowski's play. He is a 2nd pair D on alot of teams, 3rd D pair here. I'm starting to think they may want Krug here to QB the powerplay. Which leaves Hamilton in the press box or possibly in Prov to continue his development?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's come a long way since his early days in Providence!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The debate on who plays is centered on the first ten games of the season.  Hamilton may just sit the first couple games yet I doubt the Bs management are going to let him sit in the press box or for that matter dropped to Providence.  Unless he turns into Johnatan Aiken, Hamilton will have an opportunity be a top 6.  The luxury of too many defensemen is good for a change.  As others have stated on BDC, rumors of a defenseman being traded will stir.  Is McQuaid in danger of being demoted?  Will Hamilton be bundled in a trade to get Yandle? The season is long though, the Bs will stay the course with the Cap pressures understood. I am an Elvis Costello fan. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Isla,

I hang around dying to be tortured
    You'll never be alone in the bone orchard
    This battle with the bottle is nothing so novel

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Bartowski is the best of the 3 right now in terms of all-around game.  Krug makes a better 3rd-pairing because he's OK defensively but outstanding offesively.  Bartowski is better able to be a 2nd pairing guy because he is better able to handle tough match-ups.  You don't need to shelter him or be selective about who he's up against.  He reminds me a lot of the guy he replaced, Ference.  Hamilton obviously has great physical talents in size, reach, strength, speed, puck movement, etc, but his mental game is not near the other two right now.

If I want to win right now, Bartowski and Krug are in for sure.  If I want to bring Hamilton along, I play him since he probably has the most upside.  Bartowski unfortunately probably sits since I really like Krug on the pp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

solve the problem by trading Boychuck, Trotman,Fraser for Yandle, but Yandle's $6 might require a Kelly added in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I thought Bartko looked like #3 in that group of 3 in last night's game but I like his overall progression. Glad he and Koko didn't get dealt last year as he's proven himself to be an NHL player regardless of what the meatheads had to say at the time of the "trade".

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bartkowski still looks solid in all defensive areas. Might have an occasional miscue, but his blips are far less than Boychuck's usual, and even Chara's. Spooner also looks like he should be a keeper as he is involved in every game he's played.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wouldn't be surprised to see either McQuaid or Bartkowski shopped at the deadline, when the needs are more evident. I think the two are interchangeable at this point, whereas Krug and Hamilton and much different skill sets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think they will keep all 7D all year and maybe add an 8th for the playoffs if no one in Providence stands out.  You need 8 NHL defensemen to win the cup, otherwise 2 injuries and you're done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Alternate Bartkowski and Hamilton. Either way you keep them both up. Not much love for Dougie but I think he'll be fine. They both were caught off guard on the Jets PP goal.

PS. Cant believe Brick said Miller is making a case for the 7th Dman. Get the sun tan lotion out of your ears, summer is over!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Alternate Bartkowski and Hamilton. Either way you keep them both up. Not much love for Dougie but I think he'll be fine. They both were caught off guard on the Jets PP goal.

PS. Cant believe Brick said Miller is making a case for the 7th Dman. Get the sun tan lotion out of your ears, summer is over!

Agreed San. Miller looks overmatched out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I saw somebody else write that (can't remember who).  Seems crazy.  Miller has looked a little better than I expected, but how on earth would he leapfrog Bartkowski or Hamilton?  If Miller is ahead of Hamilton, then that draft pick is looking like a big mistake.

I agree with carrying 7 d-men, at least to start.  Rotate Bartkowski and Hamilton, and be prepared for the inevitable injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You tell 'em Kirk !
    Pretty good skater , looks effortless. He's also plays robust in his own end similar to McQuaids body of work.  Bartkowski even looked better than some of the regulars.

McQuaid played his best game last night . His previous games were so so ,maybe he wasn't pushing himself in the preseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I thought Bartko looked like #3 in that group of 3 in last night's game but I like his overall progression. Glad he and Koko didn't get dealt last year as he's proven himself to be an NHL player regardless of what the meatheads had to say at the time of the "trade".

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Last nights game might have been his worse in preseason.  He got caught running around a little and his hestation caused the Jets 2nd goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've got a feeling he's gonna get a lot of grief.  Once he was so appealing.  Now he's just beyond belief.

Are you not entertained?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Robust...Bim, I like it. Well it goes with your avatar anywho.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Out of the three.

Hamilton

Krug

Bartkowski

I'd say Bartkowski is the better d-man. Right now. That could change. All 3 could improve and it turns out Dougie Hamiltons ceiling is that much higher, but I just love this kids game. Every game he seems to get better. He just looks like the type of player who works on those small details alot and it shows. I am not slamming Krug or Hamilton, like them both, think they'll be fine players, but I am impressed with this kid.I hope he makes the team.

I agree...... and we all know Krug and Hamilton are freaken fantastic and the future but Bartowski is 4 or 5 years older and NHL ready at this point in time. i still think Hamilton and Krug get the start but who knows. either way it really dontmatter that muchj because their all excellent and the Bruins are certainly good enough all around so no really big deal here. I'll take any of them....................these are problems other teams would love to have..........Thanks Chiarelli... you rule!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like him as the 7th. Wouldn't be surprised if he still plays a bunch of games rotating in for Hamilton, Krug, or McQuaid should one struggle or have an injury. Also agree with Ashma, McQuaid or Bartkowski could be good trade candidates at the deadline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Bartkowski is definitely the most sound 2-way defender they have. Not as good as those guys offensively, although does provide some offensive upside, but a good amount better than Krug, and lightyears ahead of Hamilton. Aside from Hamilton and Krug, he's pretty clearly their best offensive defenseman.

I think it would be wise to keep all of them, as there isn't much organizational depth behind them (to my understanding). I wonder if maybe they can work out some type of rotation? They could find a way to sit once every 4 games (hard to take Chara, Seidenberg or Boychuck out, although they could stand to get a game or two of rest throughout the year).

No way they should let any of their top 7 defensemen sit down for a long stretch and strictly there to be an injury-based reserve. They're all too good to keep out. Even McQuaid is a very solid defender, even though his offensive game provides little-to-none (save his game winner against Pittsburgh!).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Depending on how injuries on the blue line shake out, the muddy-pictured 3rd line goes, and the development of those in Providence, I could definitely see one of these defensemen getting moved at the deadline for another forward.

Just don't go getting any more Jagr-types.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Robust...Bim, I like it. Well it goes with your avatar anywho.

Hey San, that's Legion you're talking to.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I've got a feeling he's gonna get a lot of grief.  Once he was so appealing.  Now he's just beyond belief.

Good one, Book.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bart surprisingly enough is leading the B's in preseason scoring. I know it's pre-season, but who here would've said his name to be doing this. I actually don't envy the B's coaching staff in the decision they need to make. Funny how things change so quickly. Just a couple of yrs ago, we were all crying for PMD's & now the B's have 3 decent above average potentials. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Sections
Shortcuts