Matt Bradley hit on Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Matt Bradley hit on Cooke

How is that a penalty.  I hate the NHL.  That was a clean hit.  Unlike Cooke hit from behind in this game.  Shouldn't he be on a probation period.  I mean just back from suspension and he already has a hit from behind penalty.

Where are you Mario? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Matt Bradley hit on Cooke

It was an answer for Cookes hit earlier, but yeah, it was clean.  

Yup, another dirty one by Cooke, where he hits a guy from behind, SQUARE in the numbers, launching him towards the boards.  Luckily the guy didn't smash his neck in to the Geico add, but the intent was certainly there

But I'm sure Sir Mario The Just Hearted was perfectly okay with it.  And when Bradley nailed Cooke with a rough, but perfectly clean hit, he was on the phone to the league office.  "That Bradley guy is a thug, suspend him or I quit aye!!!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Then Cooke doesnt fight his own battle. 

I have never, and I mean never hated a player more.  he was churping from the bench after the hit.  How does he not get his head torn off. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I have to admit, everytime the Caps play the Pens, especially at Pittsburgh, I find myself rooting HARD for Washington

I mean, the Winter Classic was like Christmas for me.  They were so dejected after that one

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Cooke = dirtbag. His day will come.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fellas.

I would cheer if PK did it.  I would cheer if Komisarek did it.  I would cheer if ARod did it. 
    Cooke is my most hated athlete of all time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

shupe LOL  I was chatting the exact same thing with a friend.
    I think Cook is a marked man.  To me also that hit looked clean but of course those Versus said he "chicken winged" at the very end. Chicken wing ????
    Give me a break LOL .
    It's going to be a good 3rd. GO CAPS !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Bradley hit on Cooke:
    [QUOTE]Fellas. I would cheer if PK did it.  I would cheer if Komisarek did it.  I would cheer if ARod did it.  Cooke is my most hated athlete of all time.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Cooke isn't even an athlete.  He's a guy who gets payed to skate around and try to hurt the real athletes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hate everything about him.  he actually played with a lot of those guys in washington. 
    man i will be a happy man when it happens.  i still love watching Kane one punch him.  that rates up there with gretzky to lemieux and sid and the golden goal 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Fellas. I would cheer if PK did it.  I would cheer if Komisarek did it.  I would cheer if ARod did it.  Cooke is my most hated athlete of all time.

I think I'd even cheer if Ulf did it.
    One of the ladies on my gf's team who played for Canada last year asked me the other day "Why doesn't someone just Bertuzzi him already?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Just saw both hits and you guys are right.It's ridiculous that Bradley and Cooke received the same punishment.Cooke could've injured someone with a hit to the back of a player standing a few feet from the boards.Bradley simply cranked Cooke who was firmly against the boards.It may have hurt a bit but there was little risk of injury.I think it's time the referees need to be accountable for their actions(or lack thereof).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bradley nailed Cooke right before it as well so my prayers are starting to be answered nail Cooke at all times and if it's considered dirty by Pittsburgh fans or the refs so be it reap what you sow...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have always liked Bradley, foot soldier who always answers the bell.  Lord he has taken some poundings but always has his guys back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and then there's Pierre McGuire with his love for Matt Cooke " 29 teams would live to have him "  RIGHT !
    What a knob !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

FIRE McGUIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!has a nice ring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shupe sorry but I'm going off topic but can you believe in McGuire's post game interview with Ovechkin he asked him something like  " How does it feel learning how to play defense ? "  WHAT ?????  He's he serious ? Asking one of the best players of the game that question .
    Who else heard him ask this ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe sorry but I'm going off topic but can you believe in McGuire's post game interview with Ovechkin he asked him something like  " How does it feel learning how to play defense ? "  WHAT ?????  He's he serious ? Asking one of the best players of the game that question . Who else heard him ask this ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I missed it but nothing he says surprises me.Mcguire makes it hard to watch the game with the volume on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

then finishes by asking if he is having fun,...what is Ovie 7 yrs old. 
    "is ovie having fun"
    dumby

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just caught this on the highlight package, but you can add the Michalek "chicken wing" attempt to elbow a Cap in the head to the Penguin list of transgressions.  The Penguins are built to be cheap.  They've dropped nearly half their Cap on three centres and a goaltender and decided that the way to get "value" out of the other half is to go Shero - chippy, dirty guys who will beat you in the alley if they can't beat you on the street.  This is a function of their GM and if Mario wants to see something else, it's entirely in his power to change it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Then Cooke doesnt fight his own battle.  I have never, and I mean never hated a player more.  he was churping from the bench after the hit.  How does he not get his head torn off. 

To be fair...Cooke does fight his own battles at times...vsThronton and Kane (Atlanta).

That said, I still hate him...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Just caught this on the highlight package, but you can add the Michalek "chicken wing" attempt to elbow a Cap in the head to the Penguin list of transgressions.  The Penguins are built to be cheap.  They've dropped nearly half their Cap on three centres and a goaltender and decided that the way to get "value" out of the other half is to go Shero - chippy, dirty guys who will beat you in the alley if they can't beat you on the street.  This is a function of their GM and if Mario wants to see something else, it's entirely in his power to change it.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dont get it. This is exactly whats happening and that entire organization b*tches and whines about recent cheapshots/injuries to Malkin/Crosby etc...

Do they not understand that good ole' saying "do unto others?". Or are they as I suspect the most Spoiled Fans/Franchise in the league.

When Cooke does something its just Cookey being Cookey, whenever someone else hits a penguin, like Bradley the penguins fans automatically label them as a dirty player. Good for Bradley and Dipietro for taking runs at that scum bag I hope more people keep it up until Cooke doesnt get back up, at least right away. Maybe an MCL tear and a Grade 2 Concussion will teach him something about respecting the game and its players. Oh wait those just Happened to Crosby/Malkin Karma?

BTW That wasnt a dirty hit Shoulder to Shoulder put Cooke on his Kiester, I mean roughing get real.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

As much as I hate Cooke it did look like Bradley laucnhed his elbow up into Cooke's face as he finished the hit (from the angle I saw), which to me makes it an illegal hit.

That said, I loved every second of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

With all the talk from Mario as of late maybe , it is time Mr. Mario to go and have a chat with his own player. Cooke is a bum, Avery is a genuine instigator, C. Orr is 100% goon and list goes on. Someone mention already the law of averages will catch up to a person. "Your time is going to come." by Led ZeppelinYell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Bradley hit on Cooke : To be fair...Cooke does fight his own battles at times...vsThronton and Kane (Atlanta). That said, I still hate him...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

^^^

1. Key words there are "at times".  Cooke chooses people who aren't really enforcers, hence why it only appears he fights his own battles. Make no mistake, he's a Grade A pansy.

2. Pierre McGuire is beyond annoying. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Watching the Pens and Blahawks on Hockey in America Day, I noticed a hit along the boards being annouced as a penalty.  Martin was going for the puck in the corners and pull up to make contact with Sharp.  Sharp pushed him and Martin slid into the boards.  Martin was laying down for awhile when the color annoucer (not Doc) annouced the contact as a penalty.  If that was a penalty then I need to find another sport to watch.  The player who is next to the board and intiates contact with his back to the play is responsible for his actions.  The penalty of boarding and hitting from behind needs clarification.  

Sections
Shortcuts