Matt Cooke hearing at 1:30pm today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Matt Cooke hearing at 1:30pm today

Cooke has an in person hearing with Colin Campbell at 1:30pm today. Since the meeting is in person, it will be more than 5 games. Hope they throw the book at him!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Matt Cooke hearing at 1:30pm today

Cooke will ask to look at the videos Campbell has on his computer, and while he comes up behind him give him a quick elbow to the head.  He will open up the suspension program, enter "2 games" and quietly leave the office.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sizzled. Show Sizzled's posts

8-10 games is my prediction....think Mario will make any comments and defend his player in ANY way?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This will tell all NHL fans how much influence Mario has on Bettman and the league. I want allot of games so do allot of players who have been on the receiving end of Cooke's obvious head hunting. I hope it is allot as well but I have this sinking feeling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Heatley/Marchand got 2 games for similar play. So what is the repeat offender/Matt Cooke multiplier? 3x? 4x? 5x? If there's a pool, I say 8."

I'm going to say six games but of course I would like quite a bit more. Watch Bob be spot on he usually gets things rather correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

This play looked a lot like the Marchand hit to me. Both had intentional elbows.

I say 4 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Cooke hearing at 1:30pm today:
    This play looked a lot like the Marchand hit to me. Both had intentional elbows. I say 4 games.
    Posted by montecristo

This was easily 5X worse than Marchand. Deserves at least 5x the penalty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Sorry, like it or not, I disagree. Marchand came up from behind and clearly swung the elbow. D bag Cooke stuck it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

6 games, minimum for a dirtbag repeat offender.  Any comments, SuperMario?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

its a sit down face to face so I believe its over 5.  I am gonna say rest of regular season.  My hope is they give him 5 regular season and 5 playoff games. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The rest of the season. And the playoffs. He deserves no less. That said he gets 8.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This is like a big court drama! Why's the jury taking so long on something so blatant? Is this good, or bad? Maybe they're making Cooke go thru a pyschatric test to see if he actually has a brain at all! Seriously?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

This is like a big court drama! Why's the jury taking so long on something so blatant? Is this good, or bad? Maybe they're making Cooke go thru a pyschatric test to see if he actually has a brain at all! Seriously?
    Posted by nitemare-38

That was brought up on HNIC last night...the idea that something may be wrong with the guy psychologically to keep making cheap hits like the one on Callahan, considering all of the attention given to head shots (and to Matt Cooke individually) over the last 12 months.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by nitemare-38

They are probably negotiating with "Super" Mario on how long the suspension should be.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow make up an excuse as to why he won't get one.

They probably think Cooke is good for the NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Sorry, like it or not, I disagree. Marchand came up from behind and clearly swung the elbow. D bag Cooke stuck it out.
    Posted by montecristo

Like it or not? Glad your the ruling authority here.

Re-Watch both hits.

Cooke comes in with a perfectly described flying elbow from the blindside delivered straight to the chin. Marchand does come from the blindside but does not swing his elbow as you said he puts it into the shoulder and it rides up into the head.

I know Im sounding homerrific but thats just how I viewed it. Also this is Marchands 1st suspension and Cookes going on 5, the cooke hit was much more intentional.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I hope 10, I predict 6.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I like hockey-- settle down tough guy. Where did I say that my authority rules? Let me re-phrase it for you... whether you like my opinion or not, I disagree. I have watched them both many times.

"Marchand does come from the blindside but does not swing his elbow" - I can't believe you can objectively sit there and not see him swing his elbow. Watch it again like you said.

I am a bruins fan too, but can watch things objectively. You admittingly can't as you call yourself homeriffic. I am not going to convince you, and you are not going to convince me...that's fine. End of story.

Cooke should get a bigger suspension, due to his history, but TO ME, the hits were very similar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Watch the blade of Marchand's stick at 33 seconds, it swings backwords, meaning his hands are going FORWARDS into Um's head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-JuFP3d0g

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I think Marchands hit as dirty, but not as bad as cookes.  Cooke should get a larger suspension because of his repeat offender tag.  I hope that the bruins management has sat down with Marchand a talked to him though, he plays that agitator game and don't want he turning into a Cooke...Heres what Marchand had to say about the Cooke hit:

"I think it's about time he gets [suspended]," Marchand said. "He needs to be taught a lesson. He's doing that stuff left, right and centre. I expect he'll get a bunch of games. He's got to be taught a lesson. He can't be running around doing that stuff all the time. He's going to seriously hurt someone again - look at Savvy. He could have easily hurt McDonagh."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think Marchands hit as dirty, but not as bad as cookes.  Cooke should get a larger suspension because of his repeat offender tag.  I hope that the bruins management has sat down with Marchand a talked to him though, he plays that agitator game and don't want he turning into a Cooke...Heres what Marchand had to say about the Cooke hit: "I think it's about time he gets [suspended]," Marchand said. "He needs to be taught a lesson. He's doing that stuff left, right and centre. I expect he'll get a bunch of games. He's got to be taught a lesson. He can't be running around doing that stuff all the time. He's going to seriously hurt someone again - look at Savvy. He could have easily hurt McDonagh."
    Posted by Rufus604

I completely agree. Marchand's hit was dirty I never said it wasnt. But it is no where near as bad as cookes. Theres a difference between eyeing a puck and throwing an elbow at the last second and sticking out your elbow 10ft away and thrusting it forward like a lance. Big big difference.

But im just an internet tough guy with no objectivity. What do I know? Speaking of that what do all these players know who seem disgusted. I didnt hear thier voices about the marchand hit.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip436527

To your other point I also agree completely. Marchand needs to be reeled in. He's a rookie coming off his own suspension and has been mouthing off to the media alot lately. Someone should sit him down and get his head back in the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

. I know Im sounding homerrific but thats just how I viewed it. Also this is Marchands 1st suspension and Cookes going on 5, the cooke hit was much more intentional.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Well, I'll back you up then, if people think you're being homerific. I haven't liked Marchand since he was with Moncton.....and your take on it is exactly the way I see it as well. Marchand's hit seemed to be more "dumb" than "cheap"....Cooke's is clear intent to make contact with an opponent's head witn an elbow. And as you say, with all the previous offenses, Cooke SHOULD be gone for a looooong time.

Not naive enough to think that'll actually happen, but it SHOULD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Each extended their elbows.  

I actually think Cooke's is worse because he is a sneaky little b*tch about it. That's what he did to Savard when he came across and very subtly extended the elbow.

Cooke should be sent packing for the year, based on the severity of his hits and how he uses his elbow as a weapon for intent to injure.

I think Marchand was just frustrated and tried to make contact with a larger player, all in one motion.

Funny how the NHL can't make a decision. Apparently, they've been meeting for 3 hours unable to decide.

An embarassment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

"Marchand does come from the blindside but does not swing his elbow"
    "eyeing a puck and throwing an elbow at the last second"

Which one is it? Did you change your mind?

"But im just an internet tough guy with no objectivity. What do I know?"

"I know Im sounding homerrific but thats just how I viewed it. "

You answered your own question.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Since my authority apparently rules here, I agree completely with Kennedy97.

"Marchand's hit seemed to be more "dumb" than "cheap"....Cooke's is clear intent to make contact with an opponent's head witn an elbow. And as you say, with all the previous offenses, Cooke SHOULD be gone for a looooong time.

Not naive enough to think that'll actually happen, but it SHOULD."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from palealeman. Show palealeman's posts

hear its 430, and no word yet! my guess is suspended for the rest + the play- offs.

Sections
Shortcuts