Matt Fraser 6 G Thorny 0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Matt Fraser 6 G Thorny 0

I know we are comparing apples[NHL] to oranges {AHL], but Fraser is working hard and has a capability to provide the same impact Marchand made when he first joined Campbell's line from the minors. Isn't it time for Claude to phase out Thorny and add more skill to the Merlot line ? There have been many comments about how Claude's system is defense first, and offense secondary. But, just look at how many good goalies are shutting down , or limiting the Bruins, and consider how much a 4th line goal scorer could help. Fraser's credentials are good, and he is Bruins tough. Just read where the Sharks, who the Bruins eked out a win, have four fast, offensive lines, which seems to be the norm in the Western Division, and growing in the Eastern Division. Time to join them and keep up the pace as being better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Matt Fraser 6 G Thorny 0

In response to bogie6's comment:

I know we are comparing apples[NHL] to oranges {AHL], but Fraser is working hard and has a capability to provide the same impact Marchand made when he first joined Campbell's line from the minors. Isn't it time for Claude to phase out Thorny and add more skill to the Merlot line ? There have been many comments about how Claude's system is defense first, and offense secondary. But, just look at how many good goalies are shutting down , or limiting the Bruins, and consider how much a 4th line goal scorer could help. Fraser's credentials are good, and he is Bruins tough. Just read where the Sharks, who the Bruins eked out a win, have four fast, offensive lines, which seems to be the norm in the Western Division, and growing in the Eastern Division. Time to join them and keep up the pace as being better.

He has 10 Goals in eleven games I'm sure if he keeps it up he will get brought up for a look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ST has more goals than Campbell.....maybe it is Gregory that is slowing down that line? 

lol...I kid.

After last night I am now firmly in the camp of getting rid of ST. He doesn't even fight anymore (in fact he seems to be avoiding it) which means he needs to leave. Perhaps give him some minor position in the organization and he can exit gracefully.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The comparison to what Matt Fraser is doing in the AHL means absolutely nothing to me, and certain poster's ongoing devotion to the Shawn Thorton issue is becoming decidedly trollish.  Seriously, Stan-bogie, how much can you really think about this guy?  

I just wish the Bruins would phase Thornton in and out, depending on matchups.  His only apparent value is to prevent goons from calling on more useful Bruin players (ahem, Fraser McLaren).  I like McQuaid and Lucic sticking up for themselves sometimes, but the garbage fights against garbage players need to be done by Thornton.  When teams don't have garbage players to worry about (most nights) it would be nice to see a better hockey player in Thornton's spot.

But, like othes have said, Thronton's 5 minutes of ice time per game is not the biggest thing to worry about here, and pointing out the first line AHL players are scoring more is totally irrelevant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Keep the pressure on Bogie! Matt Fraser on the 4th line would be a waste though. What Fraser does is stay up high trailing the play, find an opening in the slot and let that lethal-release go. I could see Caron being more successful on the 4th line, his game is made for nothing but the 4th line.

I would be in shock if there was ever a change in the Merlot line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Keep the pressure on Bogie! Matt Fraser on the 4th line would be a waste though. What Fraser does is stay up high trailing the play, find an opening in the slot and let that lethal-release go. I could see Caron being more successful on the 4th line, his game is made for nothing but the 4th line.

I would be in shock if there was ever a change in the Merlot line.

^ You son of a...

I don't think it is Fraser either.  Caron gets that spot (for now).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

As of late, it appears that the B's "energy" line has become the "get hemmed in your own end" line. Last night, Campbell was 2 out of 7 on face offs and both he and Paille were a -1. The goons that Thorton was there to keep in check (McLaren and Bodie) each played under 3 minutes in the game and he didn't glance at either of them (or vice versa). There will be nights when the need to counter a big heavyweight could have Thorton in the line-up, but EVERY night? I'd like to see the 4th line be more of an entry level position for guys with some upside potential. Right now, this incarnation of the momentum killing merlot line is as good as it's ever going to be...and it's not good enough. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

ST has more goals than Campbell.....maybe it is Gregory that is slowing down that line? 

lol...I kid.

After last night I am now firmly in the camp of getting rid of ST. He doesn't even fight anymore (in fact he seems to be avoiding it) which means he needs to leave. Perhaps give him some minor position in the organization and he can exit gracefully.

Have to agree with you. Send him packing with his 2 rings. We have a new sheriff in town and  his name is  Adam McQuaid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I trust PC and CJ to do the right thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to getoffthephone's comment:

Have to agree with you. Send him packing with his 2 rings. We have a new sheriff in town and  his name is  Adam McQuaid.

I'd prefer not to have D-men serving major penalties very often, and McQuaid is seeing a pretty good amount of ice time.  Let him fight when he wants to, but no more.  If you're going to have someone fight a lot, as a job, make it a 4th line forward so it doesn't disrupt the lines.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to getoffthephone's comment:

Then maybe it's time to bring in a younger policeman. lol

I'd prefer not to have D-men serving major penalties very often, and McQuaid is seeing a pretty good amount of ice time.  Let him fight when he wants to, but no more.  If you're going to have someone fight a lot, as a job, make it a 4th line forward so it doesn't disrupt the lines.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Thornton's been a warrior but at this point in his career he needs to sit a few games here and there. Actually, that entire line has shown little this year. Campbell's coming off injury but looks invisible and even Paille hasn't done much. Maybe the other two are slowing him down. Might be time to bring in some young guys that may actually be able to put a puck in the net.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Everyone knows how I feel about Thornton. I do wish he fought Winchester and McLaren, I mean thats why he is on the team isnt it? But I don't want to stunt the development of Fraser either because of Thornton.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Thornton is a GOON.  Can't wait till the B's get rid of him.  Quite often now his presence on the ice is a "roller derby" side show. He's definitely lost out there as he goes after players who have made a legal check and then he shows up all "huffy".   --Get rid of him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I trust PC and CJ to do the right thing.

...or is that, "I trust in PC and CJ doing the right thing."

They know what they are doing and how to handle the roster and $$$.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The comparison to what Matt Fraser is doing in the AHL means absolutely nothing to me, and certain poster's ongoing devotion to the Shawn Thorton issue is becoming decidedly trollish.  Seriously, Stan-bogie, how much can you really think about this guy?  

I just wish the Bruins would phase Thornton in and out, depending on matchups.  His only apparent value is to prevent goons from calling on more useful Bruin players (ahem, Fraser McLaren).  I like McQuaid and Lucic sticking up for themselves sometimes, but the garbage fights against garbage players need to be done by Thornton.  When teams don't have garbage players to worry about (most nights) it would be nice to see a better hockey player in Thornton's spot.

But, like othes have said, Thronton's 5 minutes of ice time per game is not the biggest thing to worry about here, and pointing out the first line AHL players are scoring more is totally irrelevant.

One of the best post on this board that I had the honor of taking a drink to! Thanks Fletch! 

• Sections
    Shortcuts