Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell

Just examples, but if PC does get something done, I figure these are the types of players we'd get back, and I actually have no problem with that at all - shore up the D in the back pairing, and give us another offensive option up front. Also, the Lightning are potential sellers and these guys likely would not cost the farm. Can anyone think of similar players, that are on teams that are SELLING?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell

Allen and Ruutu from Carolina

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Smid from Edmonton maybe?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO it's time to try the Baby B's. Looking at their recent record. it's not all bad, however, why call them up and then sit them like Bodnarchck. I'm not sold on Chris kelly as an offensive center/wing. He has great defensive and opportunistic skills; he is tough; he is fast; he is a perfect 3rd line center Claude. This is where Claude perspective on veterans really loses me some times. Pouliot cannot do squat with experienced players like Kreji and Lucic, so Claude saddles the newbie, Camper, with Pouliot. Put Pouliot on the pine and let Hennessey and Caron skate with Camper, although I'd rather see Camper on with Kreji and Lucic as he's fast and has a decent shot, Once again Chowda will tell me that Claude's the coach; he's getting the big bucks; but, i'm still not happy with those "big bucks" decisions.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell:[QUOTE] Allen and Ruutu from Carolina Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Pop on the 3rd line and a big man up on the Dline is what would work. Having dealt with Rutherford I don't think there would an overpayment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Smid and Allen are both good ideas.  Love Purcell, but I think Tampa likes him too much.  The price would be high.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell:
    [QUOTE]Just examples, but if PC does get something done, I figure these are the types of players we'd get back, and I actually have no problem with that at all - shore up the D in the back pairing, and give us another offensive option up front. Also, the Lightning are potential sellers and these guys likely would not cost the farm. Can anyone think of similar players, that are on teams that are SELLING?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I like this proposal. I think it would add exactly what is needed. 

Others: RJ Umberger, Ray Whitney, Brendan Morrow (although fragile), Ryan Smyth, Ales Hemsky.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ronstar, I like like Umberger; with the injuries to Horton and Peverly, yes on Whitney; Ryan Smyth had his day in the trade market, he will balk at a trade and so will the Oilers who need his leadership on a young team; and last Ales Hemsky is not an answer for Horton, maybe Krejci, Ha. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

RJ Umberger could be available for a 1st round pick and someone like Zach Hamill

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell:[QUOTE] RJ Umberger could be available for a 1st round pick and someone like Zach Hamill Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

$4.6M cap hit till 2017 that's a contract that will still available in Columbus till his contract is done. Big useless swing and miss!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Matt Gilroy and Teddy Purcell:
    [QUOTE]Just examples, but if PC does get something done, I figure these are the types of players we'd get back, and I actually have no problem with that at all - shore up the D in the back pairing, and give us another offensive option up front. Also, the Lightning are potential sellers and these guys likely would not cost the farm. Can anyone think of similar players, that are on teams that are SELLING?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

THIS ^...is the type of deal we are likely to see happen, if anything at all. 
    Nash, Carter, Smyth, Ryan, Selanne, Whitney, etc. deals just don't make sense for the B's for various reasons. Either what PC would have to give up for the player is too high and/or what he would give up dtracts as much as he would gain. Or the contract of player X is a potential cap killer (e.g. Carter). Or the player isn't even on the market (e.g. Smyth).

Red is right on...look for something that adds depth, not these pipe dream deals that keep popping up on this board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I would love to get Teddy Purcell, but I doubt that happens...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Yzerman dealt Downie for a first rounder and would want at least as much for Purcell, if not more....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

1. Mike Knuble -- Always been a fan of his game and he could fit on lines 1-3.

2. Ribeiro -- Potentially on the block, puts up points pretty consistently. Potential character/chemistry issues and CJ may not be a fan (?).

3. Purcell -- would probably be expensive as noted above, but would be welcome. 

4. Gunnarson/Franson -- Toronto has too much D and these guys could be options for depth now and for a couple of seasons

5. Oduya -- I've read that CJ loves the guy from their time in NJ, but I doubt that happens

6. Robidas -- I imagine the price would be pretty high, but who knows with the situation in Dallas; Very dependable player and would help with the breakout

7. M. Stuart -- I would bring back the guy back in a heartbeat, but again I doubt that happens

8.  Mottau -- could be a cheap blueline option

9.  Pandolfo -- could help the forwards at little cost

Sections
Shortcuts