Matt hunwick traded!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

Matt hunwick traded!

matt hunwick was traded for Colby Cohen. What do you think about the trade?
    via nhl.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Re: Matt hunwick traded!

In Response to Matt hunwick traded!:
    matt hunwick was traded for Colby Cohen. What do you think about the trade? via nhl.com
    Posted by bigjeezy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Great trade I believe that will free up about a million and a half and gives Mcquaid a pretty solid spot on the roster

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Needed cap space, and now room for a better d man to play.

Go B's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Great trade

322GP  57G 146A 203 points   356PIM 21 years old big guy ....good news
    Great trade ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icemantiz. Show icemantiz's posts

lol @ the Lemmings "great trade" "awsome" "Yay"

IT WAS A SALARY DUMP!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A smart salary dump though.  You gain $1 million in payroll and have another defensive prospect in Providence.

They've got to make some moves...this one is a good start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded!:
    lol @ the Lemmings "great trade" "awsome" "Yay" IT WAS A SALARY DUMP!
    Posted by icemantiz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

BAD trade....Hunwick a future star....Letting Paille go would have cleared almost enough cap space for Savard's return.   Hunwick was the best skater on the team and gaining proficiency rapidly.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

lol @ the Lemmings "great trade" "awsome" "Yay" IT WAS A SALARY DUMP!
    Posted by icemantiz

It was a good trade it clears enough space for Savard to return and give us a good prospect who is likely to develop into a better d-man than Hunwick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

BAD trade....Hunwick a future star....Letting Paille go would have cleared almost enough cap space for Savard's return.   Hunwick was the best skater on the team and gaining proficiency rapidly.  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

A future star??  Who?  A little dramatic, don't you think?

He may do well with Colorado and more power to him if he does.  But, he had plenty of opportunity in Boston and was never able to get it done post-spleen.  Such a 'great' skater should not be routinely getting beat cleanly by forwards on the rush.

Always liked him though -- best of luck to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A smart salary dump though.  You gain $1 million in payroll and have another defensive prospect in Providence. They've got to make some moves...this one is a good start.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Yep Big guy too 6’2’’ 200lbs Bartkowski can move up to be 7th Dman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Good trade, but Hunwick a sacrificial lamb I think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Time ran out for Hunwick, the team needed cap space room.  I was wrong in my assessment of Boychuck so McQuaid will be given some time.  He is sloooowwww.  Me thinks a trade(s) will be forthcoming before Sturm is activated. Then again Sturm may stay in Providence for the year.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Good  move  we get a good former 2nd rd pick  and have cap room to allow savvy back in the game......I think PC may try and sign Andre Marc Bergeron  for our power play...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I would have rather traded Ference for Cohen but this works I guess. He was Colorado's 5th rated Prospect.
    Here is a scouting report on Cohen:

"Cohen is an offensive-defenseman who reads the game exceptionally well. He's a good passer and can move the puck up ice with ease. He's got a good shot and works the offensive zone with skill. He is not a liability in his own end, but its been noted that he needs to work on defensive positioning."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/94129

He can work on his fighting in the AHL. Look at it this way the last Dman Chiarelli grabbed on an under the radar trade from Colorado was Boychuk that worked out rather well so we'll see. This goes along with Bookboy's theory of lets go into colleges and other organizations to grab defenseman right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I liked Hundwick and thought he was a very good skater. I hope this kid we got is a good player. We are missing Widemans skills as a passer believe it or not

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/94129 He can work on his fighting in the AHL. Look at it this way the last Dman Chiarelli grabbed on an under the radar trade from Colorado was Boychuk that worked out rather well so we'll see. This goes along with Bookboy's theory of lets go into colleges and other organizations to grab defenseman right now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Totally agree.  Let's stock up the D prospects in Providence.  By the end of the year Alexandrov, Button, Kampfer, Bartkowski, Cohen, Bodnardchuk, and Penner should all be playing together with the Baby B's.  Playing the percentages, a couple of them should rise to the top and make it to Boston.

I think a second deal is coming for another defensemen too -- Sturm, Ryder, Wheeler, Paille -- more moves are coming and in addition to cap relief the Bruins will be looking for more D-men.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded! : Yep Big guy too 6’2’’ 200lbs Bartkowski can move up to be 7th Dman.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I doubt that the Bruins will carry a 7th D-man for a while, unless they shed more cap space.  They could call one up, but would likely have to send him back down when Savard comes back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded! : Totally agree.  Let's stock up the D prospects in Providence.  By the end of the year Alexandrov, Button, Kampfer, Bartkowski, Cohen, Bodnardchuk, and Penner should all be playing together with the Baby B's.  Playing the percentages, a couple of them should rise to the top and make it to Boston. I think a second deal is coming for another defensemen too -- Sturm, Ryder, Wheeler, Paille -- more moves are coming and in addition to cap relief the Bruins will be looking for more D-men. Posted by Fletcher1

I think you're right about trading for another Dman becuase Chiarelli can go and get Satan or Guerin for an extra forward if he so chooses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Great for McQuaid to get some playing time.  I really liked what I have seen from him thus far.  As for the trade itself: decent trade.  I think both players have potential to be significant contributors to their respective teams in the future.  Would have preferred to see Hunwick through the course of the 10-11 season, because I thought he was beginning to improve his game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Time ran out for Hunwick, the team needed cap space room.  I was wrong in my assessment of Boychuck so McQuaid will be given some time.  He is sloooowwww.  Me thinks a trade(s) will be forthcoming before Sturm is activated. Then again Sturm may stay in Providence for the year.    
    Posted by islamorada

I hope a trade is made.  The question is who wants overpaid players?  It was time for Hunwick I called it.  Kinda obvious thought.  Hopefully McQuaid will be good as a full-timer.  He has the toughness that we are lacking.

D&C do SVCK!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Would of preferred Paille to be the guy to get shipped out of here.  And I would rather have Hunwick over Ferrence on D.  Are they going to carry two healthy forward scratches now? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded! : I hope a trade is made.  The question is who wants overpaid players?  It was time for Hunwick I called it.  Kinda obvious thought.  Hopefully McQuaid will be good as a full-timer.  He has the toughness that we are lacking. D&C do SVCK!!!
    Posted by fordprefect

I think McQuaid will get the job done.  He blocks a ton of shots, fights, and is the physical presence the Bruins are lacking.  I'll admit I was skeptical of his play last year, but thus far he has proven me wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts